Strength Training PR's - Brag About Your Success

Options
1414243444547»

Replies

• CarlKRobbo
    CarlKRobbo Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    First PL comp now 3 weeks away, so Testing the 3 lifts..

New PB on Competition Bench 135KG x1 (297Lb's x1) at 85KG\187Lb's

Bit of a Grinder but should get a pass on the day, and a PB is allowed to be a bit Grindy anyway
  • Lynxie83
    Lynxie83 Posts: 246
    Options
    So I'm not sure if I should claim this as a PB or not. Let me know what you guys think.

This morning while training Bench with my PT he draped between 10-15kg of chains from the bar so when I had the bar at starting and at full lock out the amount on the bar was 10kg (just because I can't tell you exactly I'll assume the lower amount) more. We progressed steadily which was good, focusing on good form and such, we got to a total of 65g (55kg plus chains).

My current PB on BP is 60kg... so, would you consider that a PB given the total weight was changing as each link of the chains came off the floor? Or would you consider that a different exercise all together?

Sorry if that sounds a bit confusing...:laugh:
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options
    So I'm not sure if I should claim this as a PB or not. Let me know what you guys think.

This morning while training Bench with my PT he draped between 10-15kg of chains from the bar so when I had the bar at starting and at full lock out the amount on the bar was 10kg (just because I can't tell you exactly I'll assume the lower amount) more. We progressed steadily which was good, focusing on good form and such, we got to a total of 65g (55kg plus chains).

My current PB on BP is 60kg... so, would you consider that a PB given the total weight was changing as each link of the chains came off the floor? Or would you consider that a different exercise all together?

Sorry if that sounds a bit confusing...:laugh:

Different exercise but still good indicator!

CarlKRobbo: quality bench/weight!

Me: 190kg squat at 85kg BW. 3 weeks til National PL Comp. Aiming for 550 total. Something like 205/105/240 (sq/B/DL)
  • Lynxie83
    Options

Great lifts!!
  • b_am6
    b_am6 Posts: 18
    Options
    Had a good day on Monday. It was a triples day so I worked up to this:

Bench - 335 x 3
    Squat - 425 x 3

My deadlift sucks though... I HATE deadlifting.
  • Mighty_Rabite
    Mighty_Rabite Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    Few of my better ones lately:

For strength... leg pressed five reps of 920lb last week.. my five rep range on dumbbell bench press is now up to 90lb dumbbells, have shoulder pressed 65lb dumbbells for a set of 8.. I'm a bit inconsistent doing barbell squats but my five rep max right now is about 265lbs, that is of course going well under parallel.

Endurance-wise.. I did this set progression on leg press earlier:

350x25, 350x25, 440x16, 440x16, 620x9, 620x9, 440x16, 440x16, 350x25, 350x25

Followed by this on leg extensions:

85x25, 85x25, 115x16, 115x16, 160x9, 160x9, 115x16, 115x16, 85x25, 85x25

And completely annihilated my legs!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Been a while since I posted and have increased my PRs but really quite a lot since I started my bulk just under 8 weeks ago (if only I could do it without the extra fat). Below are my lifts at the beginning and what they are now:

Bench: 135lb ---> 160lb (> BW)
    Dead: 280lb ---> 315lb (three plates and 2 x BW)
    Squat: 220lb ----> 250lb (> 1.5BW)
    OHP: 95
    > 110lb (this one is a b!tch)

Half way through bulk so I am hoping to up these even more.
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    Been a while since I posted and have increased my PRs but really quite a lot since I started my bulk just under 8 weeks ago (if only I could do it without the extra fat). Below are my lifts at the beginning and what they are now:

Bench: 135lb ---> 160lb (> BW)
    Dead: 280lb ---> 315lb (three plates and 2 x BW)
    Squat: 220lb ----> 250lb (> 1.5BW)
    OHP: 95
    > 110lb (this one is a b!tch)

Half way through bulk so I am hoping to up these even more.

My eyes couldn't be any greener with jealousy. :wink:

Once I'm back into my training I'll chase you!
  • danimalkeys
    danimalkeys Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I started a 5/3/1 program last week, after a couple months of doing 5x5 to get myself re-acclimated to steady lifting with progressing weight after a 3 year layoff.

I'm on week 2, where you are supposed to get 3 reps or more on your final set with the top weight. I totally blew out the target reps both last week and this week. Here's what I did this week:

parallel box squat 305x8
    bench 225x10
    deadlift 355x9
    press 127.5x9

I left a rep in the tank on each lift, I don't like completely failing because it takes a lot out of you, and I wanted to maintain good form, so these were good clean reps.

I got 1 more rep on deads this week than I did last week and the weight was 20lbs heavier, so that's a plus!

BTW I'm 50 yrs old, 6'1, 230lbs.
  • trojanbb
    trojanbb Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Finally hit a new back PR this week.

Barbell Row 275x10 for 3 sets at the end of my back workout, after 12 sets of other heavy lifts. Almost parallel to the ground, none of that half shrug/cheat row crap.
  • CarlKRobbo
    CarlKRobbo Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    New Bench PR yesterday, 140KG\308Lb's at 84.5KG\186Lbs BW
  • Lynxie83
    Options
    Pin Press PB today - hopefully I can do the same on Bench next week.

2 @ 70kg up from previous PB of 1 @50kg... pretty happy with that. :smile:
  • ecuwrx
    ecuwrx Posts: 1
    Options
    So I'm new to this site/app.

I have embarked on my journey to do my first competition in about a year. I'm reaching the end of my second cutting phase now and wanted to see how my strength had held up since losing close to 20 lbs. I don't train for strength anymore since I am training for this show so I expected to lose a good big.

I was still impressed that I was able to deadlift 365lbs for 6 reps and superset right into 285lbs squats for 6 reps at the end of my leg day yesterday. I had a spotter to watch my form to make sure it was kept clean (don't need to get hurt again...). Anyway not so impressive by itself but I haven't weighed this light since I was a sophomore in high school (currently hovering between 154 and 158).

It's great to see all the support on here! Thanks!