What nationality/ethnicity people have mistaken you?

Replies

• zombiesama
    zombiesama Posts: 755 Member
    I am Mexican and Filipino.

I always get mistaken for Samoan(they say i bear a resemblance to The Rock lol) Sometimes people think I am Italian(after hearing my name) others include Cambodian, native american, and sometimes people think im half black.
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,243 Member
    It feels like I've gotten it all: Indian from India, UAE, Filipina, Mexican, etc.

I'm 100% Native!
  • dzstephy
    dzstephy Posts: 357 Member
    Asian...usually Fillipino, Chinese, Japanese, and Korean. But I'm really Mexican, Spanish,& Dutch.
  • Substances
    Substances Posts: 120 Member
    I'm biracial; white, black, and Panamanian.

I often get mistaken for being Mexican or Asian.
  • ♡MyCurves
    ♡MyCurves Posts: 103 Member
    Omg..Mexican, Hawaiian or puerto rican......those are probably the top ones!!
  • Dominican, Hawaiian, Cambodian, Thai, and Mexican.
  • I'm english with irish and welsh in the mix. I think I look like it too - blue/green eyes, dark hair, pale skin. I've been mistaken for german!! I was in the US at the time though - I guess all us northern europeans must look the same :smile:
  • scruffykaz
    scruffykaz Posts: 317 Member
    I'm half English and Indian (Asian). People rarely think I'm half Indian, it's usually Italian, Spanish or generally Mediterranean
  • scruffykaz
    scruffykaz Posts: 317 Member
    Sometimes people think I am Italian(after hearing my name)

People think you are Italian after hearing your (screen)name is Zombie? :tongue:
  • I'm half Arab and half white I have long dark curly hair and olive skin color. I get asked if I'm from Cuba or someting, because I look exotic. Lol usually I'll be like sure so I don't make them feel embarrised and I don't have to explain why I'm not Muslim. Its fun and cool looking like another race :-)
  • flatbellybella
    flatbellybella Posts: 303 Member
    Filipino
    Indian
    Samoan
    Spanish
    Guyanese
    Half Asian half black
    Italian

The list is endless lol

Never what I am... I'm half Ukrainian half Brazilian
    go figure lol
  • MysticMaiden22
    MysticMaiden22 Posts: 324 Member
    I'm half hispanic and caucasian. I've been mistaken for Indian (Asian), Arabic, and Italian.
  • GlitterMamma11
    GlitterMamma11 Posts: 143 Member
    More than once I've been asked if I'm Mexican. Only once if I was Italian. I'm Polish. :o)
  • crazy8ts
    crazy8ts Posts: 360
    I'm biracial; white, black, and Panamanian.

I often get mistaken for being Mexican or Asian.

Wouldn't that be... tri-racial? I kid... I'm a kidder...

I, too, am what has always been affectionately referred to as a half-breed.

I've been mistaken for Hispanic, Italian, Middle Eastern, Jewish...

Folks can usually guess half based on my last name... I've only had two people ever guess the other half...

I'm black & Irish...
  • Laura_Suzie
    Laura_Suzie Posts: 1,288 Member
    Someone once asked me if I was Russian. I'm polish and welsh.
  • A lot of people assume I'm from Russia .. Basically because of my name "Natasha".
  • I get Russian/Polish/Hungarian often, which is flattering. Most of the females from that section of Europe have pale skin, light eyes and dark hair so it makes sense. People often look stunned when I tell them I was born in Ireland.
  • SabrinaSt
    SabrinaSt Posts: 142 Member
    Usually Korean, Japanese, or Thai. Sometimes Mexican or Kazakhstani.
  • Persian, Turkish, Argentinian, Guatemalan or Portuguese, but when i start talking my accent comes out and people instantly figure out that my background is Russian.
  • I have been mistaken for Mexican, Indian, Greek, Half black, omg I have heard it all....lol! I am actually Half Polynesian, and half white......It is interesting to hear what people come up with, hehe....Then it is also dependant upon the time of year. In the summer I get such a deep tan, and look much more ethnic.