What nationality/ethnicity people have mistaken you?

Options

Replies

• charlesnapolitano
    charlesnapolitano Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    i'm actually italian on my dad's side

mom-native american/english
  • thecakelocker
    thecakelocker Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    When I was in high school, people usually thought I was German. My cousin gets constantly mistaken for being Asian or part Asian ... people used to ask me if I was dating the "hot Asian guy" all the time :sick:
  • fat2fitdancody
    fat2fitdancody Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Someone I saw out was telling all of his friends I was from Germany! I think than may have been more drunken Chinese whispers than mistaken though. :laugh:
  • taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm brown, so I get mistaken for Indian, Native American, you name it. If it's brown, I get called that :)

I have had a few people ask me if I'm part Asian, which I get quite excited about, since I have almost no features to show for my Chinese heritage.

Wowww you are just beautiful :noway:
  • WendyBlendy
    WendyBlendy Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I'm a dark-haired and -skinned American, and I often get asked if I'm Mexican or Indian.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Black.
  • pawnstarNate
    pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    American Caucasian.....Happens all the time....just pisses me off when I know for a fact that I'm just a southern gentleman! :happy:
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    Irish because of reddish hair tones and fair, pale skin.
  • taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I thought the OP was Oriental until I read on.

When I had long black hair and in an Indian suit, I had people talking to be in Punjabi and I just smiled having nooo clue. In England I think people can tell I'm from here, but fellow Irish/part-Irish people sometimes ask if I'm Irish, which I am. I guess you can just tell sometimes looking at them.

When I don't tan I get 'omg are you Irish?' a lot as I'm soo pale.

My ancestors are from Northern England, Southern Ireland, and Spain/Italy. Not so definite about the last part, would guess it's more likely to be Italian as that's a more Catholic country, and my family from my mums side are Catholic.
  • GermanicKnight
    Options
    Irish. I do a decent Irish accent and had people fooled I was from Dublin. I am actually American (3rd generation) and have German/Austrian blood. Speak fluent German too.
  • alychil820
    alychil820 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I'm Irish and Cherokee, but everyone and their mom thinks I'm Russian. Patients speak to me in Russian all the time, even after I assure them that I don't speak a lick - 'But you have such a Russian face!'
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Irish.
  • McButtski
    McButtski Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I'm Irish but have been mistaken for Greek, Spanish and Fergie from the Black Eyed Peas, lol!
  • spud_chick
    spud_chick Posts: 2,639 Member
    Options
    I have a tendency to mimick people's accents unconsciously.

I have this too.Not just accents but speech patterns. If I try to consciously I can't do it.
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    I was once mistaken for a human being.
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options

That's just crazy talk man. Anyone can see you're a cat that loves 70's aerobics......
  • _SABOTEUR_
    Options

That's just crazy talk man. Anyone can see you're a cat that loves 70's aerobics......

You mean that's not heavy lifting? :sad:
  • SaBh93
    SaBh93 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Guess mine!

No-one has gotten it right without knowing me!
  • _SABOTEUR_
    Options
    Guess mine!

No-one has gotten it right without knowing me!

Can I have more than one guess?

Two that pop to mind: Chilean or possible Mauritian
  • GnomeLover1984
    Options
    Black.

You beat me to it.