Push up Buddies!!!

Options

Replies

• leshawnturner
    Options
    Hello folks!!!
    I'm doing w4 col2 again this week because I didn't do as well last week as I hoped. I'm not able to do col3 so I'm still in col 2. Katie I agree with you that one of my arms seems to be progressing well (the right) but the other one is not doing as much. I feel like its getting harder the more I go along but I think that's a good thing.

Take care!!
  • katie517
    katie517 Posts: 159
    Options
    Leshawn, I'm doing column 2 again as well. I just struggled too much last week. I am also sticking with column 2 for week 5 of the situps. But I moved on from column 1 to 2 in the squats. All three went swimmingly last night.

Maybe when I finally get to 100 full push ups, I will start again with one-handed to work on my left arm. :laugh: Yeah, right!

I will do D2 tomorrow morning. I am going to pump myself up for turkey!
  • brewwerks2
    Options
    My husband and I started our pushup challenge on Monday. He started on Week 3 since he could do quite a few already. I started in column 2 for week 1. today will be our second day this week.
  • leshawnturner
    Options
    I am really struggling with my pushups this week for some reason!! I'm barely getting them done. Oh well hopefully if I keep trying things will get better. :wink: HAVE A HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!! :flowerforyou: :drinker: :smooched:
  • aeswan
    aeswan Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I hope you had a happy Thanksgiving! I was really lax about my push ups this past week--mostly, I think because my in-laws were here and I was busy trying to keep my MIL from turning my kitchen into a TOTAL war zone (she's a great cook, but not so good at the cleaning up... :laugh: ).
    Anyway, I did an end-of-week 4 exhaustion test yesterday, and managed 25, so I will be sticking to week 4, column 2.
    Enjoy your long weekend! :flowerforyou:
  • MaryinBflo
    MaryinBflo Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Hey Can I join you guys? I have been seriously tryign to be able to do "real" push ups so I am looking for any encouragement I can get! I have gone from only being able to do a few on my knees to now I can do some on m y toes but can't get totally down far enough to call it a push up.

I need to do a fitness test for a job and have to be able to do at least 20 real push ups!
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    After my wrist injury my initial test said I needed to start at W3. I completed W3, but my wrist was sore again. So I got some Perfect PU bars....I could only do 4! But in order to keep my wrist healthy I need to use them. So I'm considering starting over...again.
  • katie517
    katie517 Posts: 159
    Options
    Hope everyone had a fantastic Thanksgiving!

I really slacked off, but only gained .8 lbs (water weight I'm sure). So I'm using that as motivation to get back into the swing of things.

I will start (again) Week 4 in Column 2 for push ups and Week 5 in Column 2 for squats and sit ups tomorrow.
  • leshawnturner
    Options
    ENI29 WELCOME!!!!

Iplayoutside - do what you have to do to keep yourself injury free!! I think I would get my feelings hurt trying to use the perfect pushup device since I'm still doing modified pushups.

Well I have totally been lax on my pushups and didn't do hardly any last week. So I am going to repeat week 4 this week and do the exhaustion test at the end of the week again.

I hope everyone had a great holiday!!! Keep up the good work!!!
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    One of my girlfriend's and I decided to begin the push up and squat challenge this week. In my initial push up test I was able to bang out 11 full push ups (I was very surprised but pleased) so it looks like I will begin week 1 column 2. In my initial squat test I was able to do 53 squats so according to the information I read I can jump to week three.

I think we'll begin w/squats today because my exercise boot camp instructor killed me today with all the push ups she had the group do. I don't know if my arms can take another push up today.

I'll keep you posted.

I do have a question for anyone who is currently participating in the challenge: Generally speaking how long does it take for you to complete all 5 sets for the push up and squat challenge and do you do them both on the same day or alternate?

Thank you in advance.
  • Hoosiermomma
    Hoosiermomma Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    Ready, OK! I'm trying this again. Was into week three, so now I start over tomorrow . I was able to do 11 standard P/U's. Let see how this goes! Glad to see this going strong. Has anyone reached their hundred?
  • brewwerks2
    Options
    I am in week two and even though on the intial test I think I did 8 pushups....I can as many as 15 now. Will I really be able to do 100? I'm going to be so stoked when i get to 25!!!!!
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    The push up challenge has officially begun. I'm just completed week 1, day 1 and I was able to max out at 10. I really hope this gets easier b/c I must admit I'm a bit intimidated by push ups but glad i pushed through my fears and banged them out. In boot camp when we do push ups I usually do them from my knees but I have officially graduated to a standard push up.
  • leshawnturner
    Options
    Hey folks!!! I'm going to have to be a cheerleader this week b/c my fibro is not going to let me do push ups:sad: . I'm sorry:cry: . But hopefully I'll be back next week. I'm going to be doing stretching all this week to hopefully work out the soreness. I'll redo week 4 then.

Keep up the great work!!!
  • Hoosiermomma
    Options
    Week 1 Day 1 I worked between column 2 & 3 (I wasn't quite ready to do the 10, 12, 7 etc.) So I made it through and maxed out at 11. See you all for day 2!

Leshawn - We always can use a cheerleader. :flowerforyou: You sound like a great one... keeping positive for yourself too!

Later!
  • leshawnturner
    Options
    Week 1 Day 1 I worked between column 2 & 3 (I wasn't quite ready to do the 10, 12, 7 etc.) So I made it through and maxed out at 11. See you all for day 2!

Leshawn - We always can use a cheerleader. :flowerforyou: You sound like a great one... keeping positive for yourself too!

Later!

Thanks!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Week 1, day 2 is officially behind me and I am so glad it is. My boot camp instructor has been having us bang out push everyday this week, so to add the challenge to the mix has gotten a sista SORE. I worked out of column 2 and was able to max out at 8.

Leshawn, hope you can rejoin us next week.
  • Hoosiermomma
    Options
    Week 1 Day 2
    That's an improvement already. I had only maxed out at 14 at the end of week 2 last time I tried this, so we will see where this leads!
    I am guessing Choco that all of your Boot Camp work is keeping you from reaching your max right now. This program really emphasizes the rest days in between. See what your instructor says. I am a little sore but going to keep going as long as I can move the numbers up.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Week 1 Day 2
    That's an improvement already. I had only maxed out at 14 at the end of week 2 last time I tried this, so we will see where this leads!
    I am guessing Choco that all of your Boot Camp work is keeping you from reaching your max right now. This program really emphasizes the rest days in between. See what your instructor says. I am a little sore but going to keep going as long as I can move the numbers up.

For the level/column that I am currently on they wanted you to complete at least 7 push ups and I was able to do 8 so I am happy about that but you may be correct about boot camp interferring with my progress. Today is suppose to be week 1, day 3 and I'm unsure if I'll be able to complete it b/c I am entirely too sore at the moment. Between exercise boot camp three days this week and my kickboxing class this morning it is taking all my strength to type this post. I may have to re-assess whether I can truly complete this challenge at this time.
  • Hoosiermomma
    Options
    Push-ups today again...

Week 1 day 3 column 3
    15 (barely)
    17!

On to week 2!

Choco, I have moved to what I hope remains an active push-up group. "Push-Up Challenge" You could join when you're ready! Keep up with all that boot-camp stuff!