10 in 9

Options
size 10 in 9 wks that is!

hey guys, I have 9 weeks in which I would like to fit into a size 10. (currently a size 12).
who's with me?

lets share weight loss tips.

i'm doing boot camp 3x a week plus cardio 2 or 3x in between. My diet is not strict but I want to eat even healthier than I already am. My biggest problem - WEEKENDS.

no messing around this time! xmas is almost here! the time when u will see friends and family and maybe even some ppl u don't like! HAHA

the last thing u wanna hear is that u have gained weight or still look the same ! :grumble:

I want eye popping reactions! WOW U LOOK GREAT!!! :noway:
I'm talking jaw to the floor here guys! lol :smile:

so come on all u ladies that wanna be closer to that single digit pant size, size 10 is your biggest stepping stone!

Replies

• neenaleigh
    neenaleigh Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    you'll get there! I went from squeezing into my 10's to my 8's falling off me now! Its good and bad, i love that i lost the weight, but i hate that i now have parachute *kitten* because my size 10 *kitten* was so much fuller! why do we lose the things we love? the booty and the boobs---gone....the gut, will remain forever!!!!!!:laugh: :laugh:
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    lol i know what u mean. first thing my bf asked me was not to lose my butt and thighs. i feel they are shrinking but thats a good thing haha want to get down to a good size and fell great!

thnx for the boost :flowerforyou:
  • linz320
    linz320 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I would love to do this, too! I do a cardio pump (cardio and weights) class 2x per week. Then i do 2 days of 35-40 mins. of cardio on a the elliptical and stairmaster. I will add another day and step it up to do this. As you know, I am also in a size 12 and would really be thrilled to be in a 10 once the holidays roll around!! We can do this:)
  • nolachick
    Options
    yey linz! glad to have u on board. u are already doing great! thnx for all the tips. will definately pick up some greek yoghurt today
  • lovehughappy
    Options
    I am interested in dropping a size by christmas as well. I am currently in a 16 and would love to be in a 14. I just started back at trying to be healthy. I lost 5 lbs this first week, so now I am motivated to continue!! I plan to start back at the gym as well. That will help a lot.

Good luck to you ladies...lets do this:)
  • nolachick
    Options
    welcome heather! 5lbs in 1 wk? wow thats great!!!
    i've been at this for 3 wks and only lost 4lbs. but thats good enough for me. this wk I'll just try harder!

what's ur diet and exercise routine?
  • lovehughappy
    Options
    Thanks!! I was pretty shocked myself, but I have a feeling it was just because I had been eating so bad before...I am sure it wont be that much next time, but you never know:)

To be honest, I really didn't have a routine this past week. I was surprised that the calorie calculator had me eating like 46 grams of fat and 1450 calories. I used to think I needed to eat WAY less to lose the weight.

I saw that you mentioned something about greek yogurt in a post earlier today, I eat that every morning for breakfast. I get the kind that has a little fruit cup with it. It's really good. I also eat either a whole wheat turkey bacon breakfast sandwich or an organic peanut butter bar that is very filling. I try to eat sensable at lunch, but I do still go out to lunch most of the time. Drink lots of water, but I have even had sweet tea a few times (gotta quit that tho...grrr!!!) and diet coke. Then for dinner I was so busy this week that I either ate a santa fe chicken salad from Sonic or a meal in a box.

Hopefully this week I will have more time to prepare some meals and add in some cardio. I ran up and down the stairs today for like 15 minutes and I was so out of breath!! I figure that has to be better than nothing. I want to get back into classes at the gym, but my work schedule is kind of messing that up for the next few weeks, so I will just have to make do.

I am excited though, so I am ready to try.
  • linz320
    Options
    Today i am going to do 40 minutes of cardio: 20/stairmaster and 20/elliptical. That's 5 minutes more than usual. Are you guys doing any cardio today?
  • nolachick
    Options
    hey Linz! I got my Cardio in already went to boot camp this morning cuz I missed yesterday. 1hr @ a wopping 600 cals! I love it. Only downfall is I get famished for breakfast and eat a lot. But my cals go up to 1800 anyways. Usually I try to still stay under tho.
    20 mins on the stairmaster? Damn u are good I almost had a heart attack after 10! Great job tho!
  • nolachick
    Options
    Thanks!! I was pretty shocked myself, but I have a feeling it was just because I had been eating so bad before...I am sure it wont be that much next time, but you never know:)

To be honest, I really didn't have a routine this past week. I was surprised that the calorie calculator had me eating like 46 grams of fat and 1450 calories. I used to think I needed to eat WAY less to lose the weight.

I saw that you mentioned something about greek yogurt in a post earlier today, I eat that every morning for breakfast. I get the kind that has a little fruit cup with it. It's really good. I also eat either a whole wheat turkey bacon breakfast sandwich or an organic peanut butter bar that is very filling. I try to eat sensable at lunch, but I do still go out to lunch most of the time. Drink lots of water, but I have even had sweet tea a few times (gotta quit that tho...grrr!!!) and diet coke. Then for dinner I was so busy this week that I either ate a santa fe chicken salad from Sonic or a meal in a box.

Hopefully this week I will have more time to prepare some meals and add in some cardio. I ran up and down the stairs today for like 15 minutes and I was so out of breath!! I figure that has to be better than
    nothing. I want to get back into classes at the gym, but my work schedule is kind of messing that up for
    the next few weeks, so I will just have to make do.

WELL WHATEVER UR DOING SEEMS TO BE W ORKING SO KEEP IT UP!
    what brand is the Greek yoghurt u buy n where can I find it? Thnx

I am excited though, so I am ready to try.
  • nolachick
    Options
    boot camp today! kicked my butt - big time. We did so much running my shins and legs hurt. sigh.
    was supposed to see a movie tonight but i'm ready for bed already. lol
  • linz320
    Options
    Yeah, my Cardio Pump class worked us hard today! We focused on legs and butt today. I will probably be sore tomorrow, but it feels good! I think I'll just do cardio tomorrow, maybe some abs.
  • shera426
    shera426 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    okay i'm definately in. i'm in a 12 right now to and would love to fit into a 10. I bought a pair of jeans the other day that were on sale and a size11. I can get them on but I had to do the wiggle jiggle jean dance ( you know what I mean!) okay keep laughin :laugh: I could almost barely kinda sorta button them but I'm far from going to see what they look like in a mirror sort of jeans.
    They are cute but I'd like to throw them out sooner then later if you know what I mean. They were only a $7 bargain from target so i'm really hoping to get to an 8 eventually.

Anyway, would love to join. I just had a terrible week being off track and visiting family so I need to get my butt in gear. I did go to the gym today & then ran with my ds at his track meet today but boy did i get my @ss handed to me by a bunch of 6 year olds! :grumble:

I need to find a happy medium between the gym and my food. I always seem to have work out calories I need to eat but i'm not hungry to actually really want anything. So I cave and end up going for the m&m's or the apple pie my mom and I made while she was here. i'm struggling with that tonight. I have 400 calories to eat and I don't know what to have...maybe some yogurt??then what??
  • nolachick
    Options
    okay i'm definately in. i'm in a 12 right now to and would love to fit into a 10. I bought a pair of jeans the other day that were on sale and a size11. I can get them on but I had to do the wiggle jiggle jean dance ( you know what I mean!) okay keep laughin :laugh: I could almost barely kinda sorta button them but I'm far from going to see what they look like in a mirror sort of jeans.
    They are cute but I'd like to throw them out sooner then later if you know what I mean. They were only a $7 bargain from target so i'm really hoping to get to an 8 eventually.

Anyway, would love to join. I just had a terrible week being off track and visiting family so I need to get my butt in gear. I did go to the gym today & then ran with my ds at his track meet today but boy did i get my @ss handed to me by a bunch of 6 year olds! :grumble:

I need to find a happy medium between the gym and my food. I always seem to have work out calories I need to eat but i'm not hungry to actually really want anything. So I cave and end up going for the m&m's or the apple pie my mom and I made while she was here. i'm struggling with that tonight. I have 400 calories to eat and I don't know what to have...maybe some yogurt??then what??

WELCOME! i too have many jeans I have bought in size 10 so unless I want them to go to waste I need to start losing NOW. I got some cute jeans from the GAP for about $10 and they look so cute. I haven't even tried to get into them cuz my thighs and butt were so big at the time. Anyhoo, about the exercise cals, I have heard many arguments for and against it. I know someone who has lost about 17lbs and doesnt eat them. But everyone is different. I use my exercise cals badly too so i rather not eat them sometimes. Yesterday I had about 300 left over but thats ok. I was full and cudnt eat anymore. Well I hope we make it to the big 1-0 soon!

We can do this.
    What's ur diet and exercise routine?
  • jocelyne2
    jocelyne2 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Count me in !!!!! I love the fact that we are all in the same boat . Im so frustrated ive been on 1200 cals a day for over a week exercise 4 time cardio for 2 hours and grrrrrrr stepped on the scale today to find I actually went from 171 to 172.8 . I swear if I wouldn't have been freaked out about killing someone below the scale would have went flying over the balcony :) . I have seen a few post of ppl eating 1400-1500 and losing . Think im gonna give this a try after all nothing to lose . We can do this or die trying LOL !!!!
  • shera426
    Options
    nolachick- I've been doing the 30 day shred although after vfisiting family I havent' done it in about 2 weeks. I also go on a 2 mile walk everyday sometimes twice a day depending on the weather. And I make it to the gym about 2x a week. Not as much as I like but I can't afford the child care they have all the time so I make due at my house with my tredmil.

Thats about it in a nutshell, i'm at a loss on what to do with my food. I've been eating fairly well, a cheat day every now and then but nothing crazy. I workout 5 days a week and I haven't really lost anything. At first I wasn't eating my workout calories so someone suggested I was in starvation mode. So the last few weeks i've been eating them and still nothing. granted I haven't worked out that much with family visiting to really need to eat any but when I have worked out i've definately eaten them.
    Last night I settled with yogurt and cashews to make sure I get in most of the 400 I still had left for the day. I get in 90% of my water on a daily basis so if anyone has any suggestions please feel free to comment. I have considered going to the doctor because I have been feeling very tired and sluggish a lot, but I just don't know if this warrants a visit or not. I went about 2 years ago the last time i tried loosing and all they wanted was to prescribe diet pills :noway: and eventually I gave up on weight loss and now i'm back at square one..
  • shera426
    Options
    Count me in !!!!! I love the fact that we are all in the same boat . Im so frustrated ive been on 1200 cals a day for over a week exercise 4 time cardio for 2 hours and grrrrrrr stepped on the scale today to find I actually went from 171 to 172.8 . I swear if I wouldn't have been freaked out about killing someone below the scale would have went flying over the balcony :) . I have seen a few post of ppl eating 1400-1500 and losing . Think im gonna give this a try after all nothing to lose . We can do this or die trying LOL !!!!

I sware if I didn't know any better I would have thought I had posted this very message. :laugh: i'm having the same issues, and i'm the exact same weight LOL SOOO if I find anything that helps i'll let you know. I am getting very frustrated, 170 just seems to be my weak point. Just can't seem to get past it. Good luck to you :drinker:
  • jocelyne2
    jocelyne2 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    LOL ... Im starting to think we are twins :laugh: ugh the sluggish thing ... For the last few day have no energy seeing spots alot and yesterday was suppose to be a workout day but I just couldn't do it was so tired and felt sick to my stomach most of the day . This morning woke up felt better but now feeling crappy again . Really starting to think the 1200 calories are way to low . Good luck to you :drinker:
  • nolachick
    Options
    hey girls!! WELCOME :flowerforyou:

I am excited to have u on here and get more feed back from ppl in my situation. i love that we are all in the same boat! 170 is actually my goal weight (I'm at 186 right now)
    (Which is weird that I'm a size 12 and u are too at 170. different body types I guess).

the first 2 wks I lost 2lbs/week and now tht i am working out more and eating less its not going anywhere. I hate the scale. lol.
    hmm JOCELYNE i'm not sure that u shud be seeing spots, that doesnt sound good. but hey if u have worked out for the day then u can definately have over 1200 cals.
    The first 2 wks that I lose is when I ate the most (1600 cals on workout days)....So maybe we shud eat more of the good stuff on exercise days.
  • nolachick
    Options
    nolachick- I've been doing the 30 day shred although after vfisiting family I havent' done it in about 2 weeks. I also go on a 2 mile walk everyday sometimes twice a day depending on the weather. And I make it to the gym about 2x a week. Not as much as I like but I can't afford the child care they have all the time so I make due at my house with my tredmil.

what's the 30 day shred?