10 in 9

Options

Replies

• nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    it's outdoors but today wasnt too cold. and it's only 1/4 mile each lap (so total 0.5 mile ran)
    but that's a lot more than I could do before. :laugh:
  • shera426
    shera426 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    it's outdoors but today wasnt too cold. and it's only 1/4 mile each lap (so total 0.5 mile ran)

YOU ROCK! A half mile is awsome, before you know it you'll be doing a mile and be kickin all our butts even more.
    I can't hardly do a quarter mile w/o feeling like my legs are going to fall off!
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    kicklikeaGIRL Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies! I am SO excited for my workouts tonight! I don't know what it is about today...I'm just feeling good! I'm going to the gym to run on the treadmill (I'd rather be outside...but I'm a pansy in the cold). So, 40 minutes on the treadmill for me!! I love doing intervals on the treadmill...keeps me busy and less boring. Plus, I feel like I work a lot harder doing intervals. Then, later tonight I am going to a cardio pump class!! I love the saying "Muscle burns fat"... hopefully I lose some more of this fat!

If you are bored on the treadmill...try intervals! I like to do 3 minutes run 6.5mph, followed by a 1 minute run on an incline of 5-7% at 6mph, followed by 1 minute walking 3.5...and then I repeat the cycle until my 40 minutes is up, then a 5 minute cool down. I typically burn about 450 calories and run about 3.5 miles. It feels great and I am sweaty betty afterwards! But, its a great workout ! If you don't typically run much..you can modify it to fit your fitness level of running.
  • linz320
    linz320 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I love my aerobic kick boxing class at the YMCA! The music always pumps me up, and there is something about punching and kicking that makes me feel like a bad@ss.

Haha! Love it!! Have you ever tried Turbo Jam / Turbo Kick classes? I love them! I actually am certified to teach Turbo Kick...i LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! I love feeling like I'm all tough...and I also like to shake my big ol' booty! Haha!

Ha! That's awesome you are certified?! Cool, yes I absolutely love that class! I think they are Turbo kick classes now that you mention it:happy:
  • linz320
    Options
    Well, I almost talked myself out of working out during my lunch break today. But I went anyway :smile: I'm really glad I'm not feeling guilty right now for not going....cuz I went :wink:
  • jocelyne2
    jocelyne2 Posts: 271 Member
    Options

Way to go nola !!!!! :drinker:
  • jocelyne2
    Options
    Well, I almost talked myself out of working out during my lunch break today. But I went anyway :smile: I'm really glad I'm not feeling guilty right now for not going....cuz I went :wink:

Way to go !!!!!! :smile: I almost talked myself out of my workout today too and now Im so regretting doing it . Im burnt right out :tongue: . But I managed to burn almost a 1000 cals and now Im so tired I feel like Im not even hungry . Hopefully Ill get my appetite back later .

:flowerforyou:
  • jocelyne2
    Options
    Hey ladies! I am SO excited for my workouts tonight! I don't know what it is about today...I'm just feeling good! I'm going to the gym to run on the treadmill (I'd rather be outside...but I'm a pansy in the cold). So, 40 minutes on the treadmill for me!! I love doing intervals on the treadmill...keeps me busy and less boring. Plus, I feel like I work a lot harder doing intervals. Then, later tonight I am going to a cardio pump class!! I love the saying "Muscle burns fat"... hopefully I lose some more of this fat!

If you are bored on the treadmill...try intervals! I like to do 3 minutes run 6.5mph, followed by a 1 minute run on an incline of 5-7% at 6mph, followed by 1 minute walking 3.5...and then I repeat the cycle until my 40 minutes is up, then a 5 minute cool down. I typically burn about 450 calories and run about 3.5 miles. It feels great and I am sweaty betty afterwards! But, its a great workout ! If you don't typically run much..you can modify it to fit your fitness level of running.

Wow You rock Omg I think I would drop dead at 6.5 mph .... ugh Im a smoker so the slower the better lmao :drinker:
  • Pattyisgr8
    Pattyisgr8 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Dawna (?) you are so awesome! Yesterday I started at 4.0 and a 2.0 incline, then every .10 distance increased the mph by 3 (clicks) and 1 up on the incline. I died out at a 4.5 incline, running at 4.9 :yawn: . you rock running so fast on an incline!!!!!!!!

Nola Nice pic!!!!

Jocelyne & Linz great job on beating your outside voice and listening to your wanna be size 10 inside voice!
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    Options
    thanks girls!! it has taken me all summer to get back into running shape...i started out at my fastest speed of 5mph...and gradually went up from there. Baby steps! :)
  • nolachick
    Options
    oh boy...I have been strong all month. but I have been bad. and it's all due to "that" time of the month...grrrr. I haven't had any cravings or temptations until now. feeling pretty defeated, these hormones are stronger than me. lol
    I woke up this morning super late, was running 30mins late for work, no time for breakfast and with some bad cravings for a burger and fries (weird right, so early in the morning)....well I didn't get a burger but I got a breakfast biscuit at McD's. oh boy. I'm sorry ya'll I really don't wanna tempt any of u into being bad.I just really can't fight this. I am usually strong but damn these hormones! :grumble:

will try to make up for it by doing p90x dvd tonight.
  • linz320
    Options
    oh boy...I have been strong all month. but I have been bad. and it's all due to "that" time of the month...grrrr. I haven't had any cravings or temptations until now. feeling pretty defeated, these hormones are stronger than me. lol
    I woke up this morning super late, was running 30mins late for work, no time for breakfast and with some bad cravings for a burger and fries (weird right, so early in the morning)....well I didn't get a burger but I got a breakfast biscuit at McD's. oh boy. I'm sorry ya'll I really don't wanna tempt any of u into being bad.I just really can't fight this. I am usually strong but damn these hormones! :grumble:

will try to make up for it by doing p90x dvd tonight.

Yeah, it's always hard for me that time of month, too. Not just with cravings...but I don't like to exercise either. This last time, I DID exercise and it made me feel a lot better. So, you gave into a craving...oh well, I think you made a better choice than a burger and fries. Just keep being active like you are and keep recording everything. I think you are doing great!
  • nolachick
    Options
    thnx linz :smile: I needed that
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    Options
    Ugh, I hate PMSing.... I totally feel ya.

One thing I've noticed this week is that I haven't had ANY cravings for sugar or salty things. Which is amazing to me...because this never happens. I get snacky, but not picky (or biased toward unhealthy items..haha) I think part of the key is making sure to eat foods that will fill you up and eating all of the calories to meet your daily goal. When I exercise, and burn an extra 450 calories, I make sure to eat at LEAST 100 of those exercise cals. For me personally, I don't ever eat all of my exercise cals, but I do eat a little more, and at least have a "post workout snack" or protein shake to fuel my body. Which, I'm finding is necessary to keep me in good shape, and give my body the energy it needs, so my body doesn't start hording fat.

We can do this! If not by Christmas....then by Valentine's day! :) We are totally going to wear size 10 jeans!!!
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    Options
    nola- I agree with linz... you gave in, thats okay! Its WAY better you gave in during the morning than at say, 9 o'clock at night. Your body still has all day to work it! And, just like your quote on your fabulous profile page...something I really found profound... "failure is not falling down but staying down". We all need to satisfy our cravings every once in a while because...if we don't... we'll end up binging and create even more damage!! You didn't give up, and I don't think you "overdid" it either! You were moderate, keep your chin up girl!!
  • nolachick
    Options
    KICKLIKEAGIRL - thnx u always know how to cheer me up!

I found this picture today - I think its what motivates me the most. Made it to graduation (with honors if I may say so, lol), got my degree now it's time to take care of ME!!!

n45707511_31989142_7288626.jpg
  • nolachick
    Options
    can't wait to see my cheek bones again. lol
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    Options

So as I was running tonite I and going 6.2mph...I was thinking...did I write 6.5mph on the message board? I didn't want you guys to think I was THAT fast...and mislead you. So, I correct myself 6.2mph (and that to me is real fast). My chubby legs can't move that fast!

Hope you had a great night!!! Its the weekend baby...I'm about to have me some fun! :bigsmile:
  • BamaRose0107
    Options
    size 10 in 9 wks that is!

hey guys, I have 9 weeks in which I would like to fit into a size 10. (currently a size 12).
    who's with me?

lets share weight loss tips.

i'm doing boot camp 3x a week plus cardio 2 or 3x in between. My diet is not strict but I want to eat even healthier than I already am. My biggest problem - WEEKENDS.

no messing around this time! xmas is almost here! the time when u will see friends and family and maybe even some ppl u don't like! HAHA

the last thing u wanna hear is that u have gained weight or still look the same ! :grumble:

I want eye popping reactions! WOW U LOOK GREAT!!! :noway:
    I'm talking jaw to the floor here guys! lol :smile:

so come on all u ladies that wanna be closer to that single digit pant size, size 10 is your biggest stepping stone!

Hey that is my goal too. I would love to join you.
  • nolachick
    Options
    Welcome BamaChick.
    For me it's down to 7wks cuz I'm planning on going home around mid December. Hopefully I give my mom a nice surprise cuz she was starting to worry about my weight along with everyone else in my family. oh oh.

what's ur diet/exercise routine?