10 in 9

Options

Replies

• nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    hey ladies, it's finaly FRIDAYYYY yey!
    I hope you all had an overall good week. Today was my last day of boot camp and tomorrow is my weigh in. Hmm I don't have high expectations but another pound or two would be awesome.
    I definately think I won't be signing up for bootcamp and start a new workout routine. I've heard a lot about the 30 Day Shred. So I might look into that n see how it goes. Definately want to keep up the good work n progress I've had so far. I've also heard a lot about Zumba, so will try to get into that as well.

Mini update: Last night I went shopping - in my closet, I tried on clothes that I haven't been able to wear in a while and I'm so happy that I finally have a pair of shorts to wear again and also a new pair of jeans I can wear to the office on fridays. I'm wearing it now and it feels great! Ahh can't wait to be able to use ALL my clothes again...even the old size 10's....:smile:

Hope to hear from ya'll again before the week is over. :flowerforyou:
  • shera426
    shera426 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    hey ladies, it's finaly FRIDAYYYY yey!
    I hope you all had an overall good week. Today was my last day of boot camp and tomorrow is my weigh in. Hmm I don't have high expectations but another pound or two would be awesome.
    I definately think I won't be signing up for bootcamp and start a new workout routine. I've heard a lot about the 30 Day Shred. So I might look into that n see how it goes. Definately want to keep up the good work n progress I've had so far. I've also heard a lot about Zumba, so will try to get into that as well.

Mini update: Last night I went shopping - in my closet, I tried on clothes that I haven't been able to wear in a while and I'm so happy that I finally have a pair of shorts to wear again and also a new pair of jeans I can wear to the office on fridays. I'm wearing it now and it feels great! Ahh can't wait to be able to use ALL my clothes again...even the old size 10's....:smile:

Hope to hear from ya'll again before the week is over. :flowerforyou:

I just LOVE shopping in my closet. So many things in there that have potential :laugh: I did the same thing a few days ago and I can finally wear a pair of pants that never have but the size thing is really a bummer. I can wiggle into a 10 on some, but others I have that are 11 & 12's are so depressing I can hardly get over my big bum. Oh well we are works in progress and i'm loving how I feel so eventually i'll get into those pesky pants :tongue:
    Happy Friday!
  • nolachick
    Options
    yup its like going on an adventure, u never know what u'll find. haha
  • BamaRose0107
    Options
    I JUST WANTED TO SHARE A LITTLE SUCCESS WITH YOU ALL. MY MOM BOUGHT ME A SHIRT A FEW MONTHS BACK THAT WAS SO CUTE BUT IT WAS JUST A LITTLE TO SMALL FOR ME. i HAVE BEEN DOING PRETTY GOOD SO I DECIDED TO TRY IT ON AND SEE IF IT FIT. i HAVE LOST ABOUT 15 POUNDS SINCE I GOT IT AND THE SHIRT WAS TOO BIG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    kicklikeaGIRL Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    I JUST WANTED TO SHARE A LITTLE SUCCESS WITH YOU ALL. MY MOM BOUGHT ME A SHIRT A FEW MONTHS BACK THAT WAS SO CUTE BUT IT WAS JUST A LITTLE TO SMALL FOR ME. i HAVE BEEN DOING PRETTY GOOD SO I DECIDED TO TRY IT ON AND SEE IF IT FIT. i HAVE LOST ABOUT 15 POUNDS SINCE I GOT IT AND THE SHIRT WAS TOO BIG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Horray! Way to go BamaChick....welcome to the 10 in 9 group! We're happy to have ya!

I have this DARLING pea coat that I got as a christmas present from my mother-in-law last year....can't wait until I can button it! Haha! At least she thought I was smaller than I really am!....haha!!!
  • nolachick
    Options
    yey! great job! WTG keep it up :smile:

must feel great!
  • linz320
    linz320 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! Anyway, I did not work out today because I am so sore from yesterday. Worked out Mon-Thurs this week and I will go to my Turbo Kick class tomorrow morn at 10.
    Keep up the good work through the weekend, ladies! Try not to drink TOO much beer:bigsmile: I could really go for one right now, actually.

HAPPY FRIDAY
  • Pattyisgr8
    Pattyisgr8 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies, stay strong the weekend is upon us! I had a good week, but the weekends always tempt me :frown: We're going to visit some of my hubby's family and I'm a bit worried b/c I know I've lost a ton (not literally), but their food choices are never, I repeat never, healthy :sad: Every time I start a diet (life change) and visit them I come home off of it!!!! At least it's just Sunday afternoon and not the whole weekend :tongue:

U guys have any weekend plans????
  • jocelyne2
    jocelyne2 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies hope everyone is doing well. ugh I totally screwed up yesterday had a mc cheeseburger and a pizza sub ... dammit total cals that day 2100 .:explode: grrrrrr, I haven't exercised in 2 days muscles have been so sore had a hard time going up and down the stairs. Hopefully today I can get back on track .

Does anyone take vitamin b12 vitamins and omega 3-6-9 ? Ive been reading it helps boost energy and ive been searching to find the right amount per day with no luck every site I find seems to contridict one another ?

Have a great weekend Girls !!!!!!!!! :drinker:
  • nolachick
    Options
    Hey PATREUSCH! Hadn't heard much from u all week! Well I'm sure with only. One afternoon of temptation u'll be just fine! U are stronger than that n now wiser about food choices too!

JOCELYN: we have all had our bad days just need to make up for it when u can get back to working out. I had mexican last night n haven't even added up all those cals LOL

have a great weekend ladies!:flowerforyou:
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    Options
    Hey ladies! Hope you all had a fabulous weekend! On Saturday I felt on top of the world...I had so much energy and I was determined to work out all morning, which I quite literally did. I went runnining, went to a Cardio Pump class, and did one of my Turbo Kick routines. I burned over 1,000 calories. It felt sooo good. Sunday was my rest day, and it felt good to relax. Tonight I start back up again. I am already excited! I think I may be getting addicted.... good addiction though?!?!

I still didn't weigh myself this week...its been almost 2 weeks. So, I'm hoping next time I step on the scale I won't be as frustrated as I was last time. Saturday is my weigh in.... I better not do anything too stupid this week!! haha! Have a great Monday...
  • linz320
    linz320 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I think I'm getting addicted to exercising, too! In a good way. I don't like to go without it for more than one day. Yesterday I ran for the first time in a very long time. I made it for 2 miles, and then I ran up and down a nearby hill 3 times. It felt great :bigsmile:
    P.S. Lost 2 lbs. this week!!
  • shera426
    shera426 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies! Hope you all had a fabulous weekend! On Saturday I felt on top of the world...I had so much energy and I was determined to work out all morning, which I quite literally did. I went runnining, went to a Cardio Pump class, and did one of my Turbo Kick routines. I burned over 1,000 calories. It felt sooo good. Sunday was my rest day, and it felt good to relax. Tonight I start back up again. I am already excited! I think I may be getting addicted.... good addiction though?!?!

I still didn't weigh myself this week...its been almost 2 weeks. So, I'm hoping next time I step on the scale I won't be as frustrated as I was last time. Saturday is my weigh in.... I better not do anything too stupid this week!! haha! Have a great Monday...

Great workout! That's awsome, I"m going to try for a big workout day today, bbq + drinking with good friends this weekend is encouragement for some heavy workouts the next few days. I'm hoping to rack up 1000 calories the next few days then go back to my normal 5-600. Maybe i'll see some results this weekend to, I think i like the every other weekend weigh in. I don't get so hard on myself.
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    Options
    I think I'm getting addicted to exercising, too! In a good way. I don't like to go without it for more than one day. Yesterday I ran for the first time in a very long time. I made it for 2 miles, and then I ran up and down a nearby hill 3 times. It felt great :bigsmile:
    P.S. Lost 2 lbs. this week!!

Way to go Linz!! I always feel so great after working out too, especially one of those days where I know I have pushed myself to the limit to get a great workout and/or accomplish something new! Horray!

Shera- I'll let you know if I prefer waiting every other week to weigh in. I might be even more disappointed...but hopefully not! I was just getting sick of weighing every 4 days and not seeing any progress! Fingers crossed for Saturday!
  • jocelyne2
    jocelyne2 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Evening Ladies Hope you all had a great week-end :flowerforyou: Today well, I didn't do any exercise and im now kicking my butt. Had to go grocery shopping and DAMN it get expensive trying to eat the good stuff. But I did resist at Mcdonald's only had 4 nuggets and a coke zero . :happy: It is now 7 pm and Im just not hungry and only have the nuggets , an orange and cottage cheese in me about 300 cals all day. WTH. Went out and finally bought new running shoes , omg could barely make it thru a 30 min tread routine and would feel pins and needles in my right foot. So , gonna take them out for a spin tommorrow.

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • nolachick
    Options
    hey ladies, well today was a good and bad day for me. startedout bad cuz i overslept and didnt work out before work, I didnt pack lunch so I had to eat out. I wasnt too bad I had a calzone w/ pepperoni and veggies, but still - evil carbs. then after work I was in no mood to work out. but finally around 6 I realized I have to do this!!! So I got up and went to the gym. Did the elliptical for about 25 mins, and then the stepper for 10, which sounds like a little but the stepper wears me out after 10 mins. I might be able to bump it up to 15 next time. Anyhoo, didnt' weigh in this wkend cuz was feeling bloated and had horrible cramps. So will be good this week and weigh in this wkend.

Keep up the great work everyone!
  • nolachick
    Options
    PS. Sorry if I've asked this question before but my boot camp is over and looking into buying workout DVDs. have heard a lot of good stuff about The 30 Day Shred, and the Firm, and also Biggest loser DVD's.

any thoughts or suggestions ont hose?
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    Options
    hey ladies, well today was a good and bad day for me. startedout bad cuz i overslept and didnt work out before work, I didnt pack lunch so I had to eat out. I wasnt too bad I had a calzone w/ pepperoni and veggies, but still - evil carbs. then after work I was in no mood to work out. but finally around 6 I realized I have to do this!!! So I got up and went to the gym. Did the elliptical for about 25 mins, and then the stepper for 10, which sounds like a little but the stepper wears me out after 10 mins. I might be able to bump it up to 15 next time. Anyhoo, didnt' weigh in this wkend cuz was feeling bloated and had horrible cramps. So will be good this week and weigh in this wkend.

Keep up the great work everyone!

Nolachick- I am so glad you went to the gym even after not feeling in the mood. I'm sure you felt a lot better! I need to be better at just working out, even if at first I'm not in the mood.

Also, as far as DVDs, I have heard the 30 day shred is really good, although I've never done any of those DVDs. If you are into hip-hop music, Turbo Jam or any of Chalene Johnson's videos are amazing. If you like Turbo Jam, she also has her "Fan DVDs" that are basically additional workouts that coincide with the Turbo Kick classes (that they teach at local gyms). I really like it because I love the music, and she is so motivating! Plus she likes to shake it!! And at the same time its really intense...I sweat like crazy. If you have any questions about it, I am certified to teach it, and have been a user for 6 years and LOVE it! I guarantee that when you do it frequently, you will lose weight and tone up! I use it about 3 times a week, and use her new ChaLean Extreme videos (strength training) 2 days a week! LOVE IT!
  • blondeambition
    Options
    I'm joining this a little late, but this is the perfect group for me. I too am a size 12 and would ultimately love to be a size 8 but 10 would be a happy place. I'm hoping to squeeze into a 10 by Christmas if possible.
  • nolachick
    Options
    Welcome blonde ambition! we have a little less than 2 months before Christmas. You can definately try ur best to get to ur goal and we'll ssupport u. I am starting to worry about wether or not I'll make it but I sure as hell will try!

Any questions or comments,let us know.