10 in 9

Options

Replies

• linz320
    linz320 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I'm joining this a little late, but this is the perfect group for me. I too am a size 12 and would ultimately love to be a size 8 but 10 would be a happy place. I'm hoping to squeeze into a 10 by Christmas if possible.

Welcome! I'm glad you've joined us:flowerforyou:
  • jocelyne2
    jocelyne2 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I'm joining this a little late, but this is the perfect group for me. I too am a size 12 and would ultimately love to be a size 8 but 10 would be a happy place. I'm hoping to squeeze into a 10 by Christmas if possible.

Welcome blond ambition:drinker: , It never to late to join ...ugh I prolly won't even make the deadline either but like nola said WE ARE GONNA DIE TRYING :laugh: :laugh:

I got off my butt today and burned 1200 calories :bigsmile: Omg thought my legs were gonna give out :grumble:

And the new running shoes are SO GOING BACK christ I did like 10 mins on treadmill and had to change shoes think the arch is way to high.

I was wondering if any of you ladies have this problem its seems like the more I exercise the less I eat ... I sat down to supper tonight and I think I manage about 2 bites each of chicken , potatoes and squash. Damn It just doesn't want to go in :noway:

have a great evening girlies :flowerforyou:
  • Pattyisgr8
    Pattyisgr8 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Welcome blonde ambition! Come on ladies we can make our goals be Christmas!!!!! We can do it. Despite being afraid of a family lunch on sun I actually ate way under my cals (yay!) However, I did go out to Mc Donalds 4 lunch on Monday (which was planned) but ate more than planned :sad: I was over my cals , I don't work out on Mondays. However, I'm PMSing, so I am ok giving in this once.

Nola- I lost about 25 lbs doing the firm workouts daily w running about 6 years ago (I didn't watch what I ate) I now have the wave and cannot seem to make time (with going to the gym) but I do try on the weekends, I think its great and will be getting back in more often (gonna go work out in the am starting next week). I also have turbo jam and it is fun and upbeat. I also have the original power 90 (not x) and there ok (not super fun). I don't have 30 day shread but plan to add it in w the firm once I get back into in. Hope this helps :flowerforyou:
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    Hey Pa_treusch, glad u kep to it on Sunday. As for PMSing I totally understand.. Last weekend was super hard to work out wth cramps and feeling bloated, I didt eve bother to weigh in.

I was going to start the 30 day shred, but am stil considering the firm. Also will check out a gym near my work tomorrow.so...I'll decide ten if I should invest n the gym or in Dvd's.

Thanks girl.
  • blondeambition
    Options
    Thanks for the warm welcome!!! Like some of you, I'm not convinced I can lose all the inches I need to get into a 10 by xmas, but at the very least I will be darn close!!
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    kicklikeaGIRL Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! Hope you guys are having a steller week! You know, I've been thinking about whether or not I'll be able to fit into a size 10 by Christmas too, and I really think it all comes down to this.... Have I started to make a change in my lifestyle? Do I feel better about myself? Do I have more confidence? Do my clothes fit better? ... I'm trying not to get too hung up on the pounds on the scale, or the size as much as fitting into my clothes better. Its one step at a time!!! If getting to our size 10 is too big of a step, its really okay, as long as we've made some "baby steps" towards that goal. And then after Christmas...continue on to our ultimate goals :)

Don't get too down girls!! We can do this! I am seeing some positive results, and its not necessarily on the scale (don't know yet, haven't weighed myself in like 2 weeks) but I am starting to FEEL the difference!!

P.S. Make sure ya'll do a lot of cardio during the week. High intensity cardio (running, aerobics, etc) for at least 30 minutes 4-5 times a week will make a HUGE difference...promise!!!

Welcome newbies! I think you'll like this group...I know I Do!!!!!
  • jocelyne2
    Options
    WOOOOHOOOOO :bigsmile: :bigsmile: I finally broke the 170 mark . Jump on the scale this morning and 168.4 I was in shock especially because (aunt flo ) is due like any minute now so im guessing it should be even less than that . Last month we she came to visit she also brought me a gift of 7 lbs wasn't that nice of her :tongue: Would be awesome if she was doing that this month but im not counting on it :noway:

Hope you have a great day ladies :flowerforyou: Im gonna try to get ina workout today , muscle are still kinda sore from yesterday . ugh I bought a pilates video and like 5 mins into it , I just couldn't do it just sitting on the floor was so hard on my butt so that was a complete waste of money .:happy:
  • shera426
    shera426 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    WOOOOHOOOOO :bigsmile: :bigsmile: I finally broke the 170 mark . Jump on the scale this morning and 168.4 I was in shock especially because (aunt flo ) is due like any minute now so im guessing it should be even less than that . Last month we she came to visit she also brought me a gift of 7 lbs wasn't that nice of her :tongue: Would be awesome if she was doing that this month but im not counting on it :noway:

Hope you have a great day ladies :flowerforyou: Im gonna try to get ina workout today , muscle are still kinda sore from yesterday . ugh I bought a pilates video and like 5 mins into it , I just couldn't do it just sitting on the floor was so hard on my butt so that was a complete waste of money .:happy:

AAHHHHH Jocelyn I"M So HAPPY FOR YOU !!:flowerforyou: :drinker: :happy:

I have found my new workout, spinning. Granted I HATE it, seriously I really don't enjoy it at all but i'm addicted the the sweat, & the calories I see on my HRM when I'm done. I skipped my weigh in last sat. but i did an impulse measuer yesterday and I lost another inch off my waist in 10 days!!! Spinning,... I guess you do learn to love it :laugh: i'm still in the love/hate phase LOL
  • nolachick
    Options
    congrats to shera and jocelyn on the progress. and also to kicklike a girl for always having so much energy and doing all those workouts!

Shera: what kind of HRM do u use?
  • shera426
    shera426 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    congrats to shera and jocelyn on the progress. and also to kicklike a girl for always having so much energy and doing all those workouts!

Shera: what kind of HRM do u use?

I bought the Polar F11. I LOVE IT. So much more reliable then the machines at the gym. Or even compared to what MFP says for some workouts. For instance for spinning I entered in the stationary bike vigirous effort and it gave me like 900+ calories but according to my HRM I burned 550.
    Don't get me wrong i'd love to have that many exercise calories burned but I think my # is much more accurate.
    The one and only down fall that I don't like about the watch is while i'm exercising I can't see what time it is. I don't know if that's because I don't know what button to push or if it just doesn't do it while exercising. Otherwise I would recommend it to Everyone
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    Options
    Hey ladies! I like the idea of a HRM, I think I'm going to get one soon too!! I want to know exactly how much I'm burning!

So, today I went to go refill my water bottle upstairs and this lady I walk by goes "Geez, you'd think you would be floating up here as much water as you drink." And I just laughed and said, "Yeah, I have been drinking a lot of water." And she replies "Oh, well you probably have Diabetes, you should get that checked out." I said "I don't have diabetes, but I'm pretty positive I'm drinking more water because I've been working out a lot more lately, and my body likes to be hydrated." Then she says in this snotty voice "Well what the heck do you do that for anyways? Not like anyone can tell." And I did one of those half laughs (because I couldn't tell if she was joking or not) and said, "I can tell, and I know my heart appreciates it. " As I walked away I thought...Is she crazy???!! I just shrugged it off, and then I got to my desk and I was like, I couldn't really have diabetes could I? I was just at the doctor at the beginning of the year and had all these blood tests done. Errrrgg. Sometimes I just wish people could mind their own business.

As far as the water goes, I have been drinking about 160 ounces a day. Which is what they recommend... doctors have recommended taht you drink at least 1/2 an ounce or 1 ounce for every pound you weigh, and this can be higher depending on how much you exercise. So, I personally think I'm doing fine. Sometimes I drink more, but that is usually if I have done intense cardio or strength training. Am I going crazy? Am I really drinking too much water? I hate that sometimes what people say can affect me, and I try really hard not to let it bother me. And I really don't care as much about her snotty comments about people not being able to tell...I'm just more worried that I'm crazy in drinking so much water.
  • nolachick
    Options
    wow~ 160oz of wateR? that's 20 cups of water. I can barely make it to 8. as far as diabetes goes...umm i highly doubt u have that especially since u were at the dr. recently and doing blood tests and all. usually a dr. catches that early on and tells u that u have a lot of sugar in ur blood and then if u don't take care of yourself and eat healthy it develops into diabetes. atleast thats what happened to my dad. great job on drinking all that water!
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    Options
    wow~ 160oz of wateR? that's 20 cups of water. I can barely make it to 8.

I know...it is a lot! I usually fill up my 20 oz water bottle at LEAST 6-8 times a day (120-160 oz). I don't drink milk, pop, or juices. I just have never liked milk (and get my calcium from other sources) and I've never been a pop drinker or juice...so water is really my only drink.
  • nolachick
    Options
    where are my soon to be size 10 ladies? haven't heard from some of you this week. hope everyone is doing great. This week was a slow week in terms of exercise for me. I've only been 2x but plan on doing p90x tomorrow morning! I don't know if anyone else had this problem but for the first month of MFP I did great, no temptations, usually stuck to my diet and calories and sometimes had them left over. I wanted to work out everyday!

Well last week was my TOM and since then I've felt tired, no matter how much I sleep and hungry no matter how much I eat. What the hell? I don't get it. I don't even wanna get on the scale cuz I know I probably gain some back which is disappointing cuz I was already 7lbs down. Hopefully I haven't gone over too much. I'm waiting for my turbo jam DVD's which I ordered online to come in, maybe when I try those I'll like it and become addicted to working out again.

Any advice on how to recover after a bad week?
    it's not so much the lack of motivation as the lack of energy cuz I WANT to do this, I WILL dO THIS! :drinker:

my friend told me I might have anemia so I should get a blood test done. My mom told me the same too. I
  • jocelyne2
    Options
    Hey nola, I know exactly how you feel this week I haven't had any energy either I think I worked out like twice . I have a burst of energy in the morning and then by the time I should be exercising BOOM its gone. I have also had a hard time sticking to my calories I do good all day then at night I totally screw everything up . :mad: Maybe its the season change :laugh: .... Right now im sitting here trying to pump myself up to move my butt and ugh its just not working :noway: Hopefully after taking a few vitamins ill get moving .

Have a great day ladies :flowerforyou:
  • linz320
    linz320 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I also have the problem of eating well during the day and not so well at night. I think it may have to do with the fact that I am usually up pretty late since I work 2 jobs...and my night job is at restaurant where i am constantly surrounded by food! It really sucks, and i think I had a pretty bad week. i worked out 4 days, but went over on calories a lot. I am not going to weigh myself on Monday, i don't think I'll weigh for two weeks. Luckily I do not work tonight and hopefully I can fend off the urge to stuff my face with fun size candy bars this weekend :laugh:
    I have the chance to make better decisions today.
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    Options
    I like what you said linz, "I have the chance to make better decisions today". SO TRUE! I know when I've had a day, or two, or a week where I've lacked the energy and I've slacked on my eating habits and exercise... if I come back with that attitude I can change and make the next week a LOT better! Especially when it is a rebound from my TOM. Erg.

Nola, are you eating some of your exercise calories? Sometimes if you are eating a small amount of calories and exercising, it can really make you super tired and lack the energy the following day. You may need to be taking in some more food! But, yeah I would definitely get checked out to see if you have anemia. Good luck! Hope you start feeling more energetic!

I am weighing myself tomorrow...and I am hoping to see the same results that I feel! I'm trying to think of some low sodium things I can eat tonight (after dinner) to meet my daily intake goal...I don't want much sodium tonight so I don't retain as much water. Any suggestions? It has to be something around the 200 calorie range...

Have a great weekend!!

Oh, also...I know a couple of you said that you liked Turbo Kick/ Turbo Jam.... I found a cool website that has her Turbo Kick classes on DVD (2 rounds per DVD, or more). Pretty cool, and they are only $20 each. Not too bad! Here's the website (she also has FAN videos for Hip Hop Hustle and PiYO)
    http://www.turbokick.com/index.php?content=FAN_TurboKick
  • jocelyne2
    Options
    Well I finally managed to get off my big butt and only burned like 800 calories which kinda sucks but I started a little late and had to get supper ready .

ahhhhh the life of being a mom :happy:

ill try harder tommorrow . Hope all you ladies are doing well . Keep up the good work :flowerforyou:
  • nolachick
    Options
    are u kidding me?! 800 cals is awesome! I barely ever make it over 600! WTG
    :bigsmile:
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    Options
    good morning ladies!! I just HAD to report some good news!! So, I haven't weighed myself for 2 weeks, in hopes of busting my bum to drop some pounds and NOT be disappointed when I stepped on the scale. I lost 3.5 pounds!!! I was 170, and now I am FINALLY out of the 170s, and down to 166.5!!! HECK YES!!! Have a great weekend!