10 in 9

Options

Replies

• jocelyne2
    jocelyne2 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    are u kidding me?! 800 cals is awesome! I barely ever make it over 600! WTG
    :bigsmile:

Lmao I like to get in at least 1000 burn cause If I don't I usually go way over my calories ,So then at least I can eat . :bigsmile:

So, Im not being as good as it sounds :wink:
  • jocelyne2
    Options
    good morning ladies!! I just HAD to report some good news!! So, I haven't weighed myself for 2 weeks, in hopes of busting my bum to drop some pounds and NOT be disappointed when I stepped on the scale. I lost 3.5 pounds!!! I was 170, and now I am FINALLY out of the 170s, and down to 166.5!!! HECK YES!!! Have a great weekend!

Congrats Girl That Is AWESOME !!!! Im so happy for you . :flowerforyou: I love to hear the good stuff it motivates me for some reason when you guys lose I feel like I am :laugh: :laugh:
  • NotSurprised
    NotSurprised Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    I am a XXL, but in 9 weeks I see myself being in an XL maybe large and then I would have to bulk up muscle wise that is. That'll be cool.
  • KayT
    KayT Posts: 13
    Options
    Hi everyone! I would love to join this group. I just signed up on MFP today, so I am very new to the entire website. Can someone fill me in? Thanks!
  • Pattyisgr8
    Pattyisgr8 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies, I've been off a lot this week, really busy for Halloween (for whatever reason). Went to a H party yesterday and did really well w my food, today however is a whole different story :cry: !

OMG u guys are burning so many w/o cals. I never know what I burn, I w/o w a trainer 3 days a week, every thime I'm on a piece of equiptment my heart rate is over 180 so I think I'm ok, but I usually only count abut 300 on mfp.

Welcome newbies! Nola started this site to get down a size for Christmas (get to a size 10 in 9 weeks). I am at a 16 and am trying to get down to a 14 by Christmas. We don't officially weigh in, so we are more support based than weight happy (don't get me wrong we weigh in, just post on an individual basis, at our own pace).
  • jocelyne2
    Options
    Welcome KayT and Not Surprised !!!!! :drinker:

Hiya Ladies !!!! Hope you all made it thru holloween with out falling off the wagon like I did :explode:

Last night I got into the candy just couldn't help myself and blew thru all my cals and workout cals!!! :cry: So basically I workout for almost 800 cals and screwed it all up . Thank god today is another day , think Im gonna have to put candy under lock and key :tongue: So DAMN tempting

Hey Patty , WTG with being a good girl at party :drinker: Hmmmm, what do you go by , do you use the calories burned marked on the machines? Seems kinda low exspecially with a trainer who probably whips your butt . At my lowest workouts a.k.a (lazy days) I do 30 mins treadmill ( 200 cals) , 15 mins elliptical ( 150 cals) and bike 15 mins ( 227 cals) which equals 577 total. If I use the calories burned from mfp its like 619.

:flowerforyou:
  • Pattyisgr8
    Pattyisgr8 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Jocelyn - I enter the MFP exercises so today I did w workout video annd it was 30 min using a step, so I entered 30 min on a 6- 8 inch step with was about 330 cals (I don't think I burned that much, but I was sweating) Iknow I really need to get a heart rate monitor :wink: .

Don't beat yourself up about the candy, today is another day! To workout even w/o accounting for all the candy cals is better than just eating it w/o the workout.
  • ChckLiz
    ChckLiz Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm new here, just started today! My short term goal is to lose 20 by Christmas and hopefully a pant size! I'm in 15 right now. Currently weigh 178 and want to get to 125-130 (I'm 5' 7) by next July. My DH and I plan to try for our 2nd kid then and I definitely want to be smaller than I was when I got pregnant with my son! That's about it lol..

My exercise today was raking our front yard and halling the leaves in a wheel barrel up and down my back yard to the creek - VERY exhausting! But I got it done! I usually do either "10 minute solutions - Pilates" or "Yoga Booty Ballet" as my daily exercise as I don't usually have a lot of time during the week!
  • shera426
    shera426 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! Sounds like everyone had a great weekend, myself included. The kids had a blast first year they actually said Trick or treat LOL
    I didn't do well with candy, I ate some for sure. I didn't even really want any but it was just sitting there so I just reached over and grabbed some. Probably had 8-10 little pieces so not bad if you add them up and counted that as 1-2 big candy bars but what gets me is I DIDN"T EVEN WANT THEM LOL I just go on auto pilot and grab & go LOL .
    I did my weigh in on saturday, it's been 2 weeks and I gained 2lbs. I was really upset about it but I just don't see where I gained 2 lbs. I'm hoping it's water retention with the mexican dinner I had the night before so I plan to weigh again in a few days.

Welcome newbies, can't wait to get to know some of you. Don't be shy about posting, jump on in and tell us your story :flowerforyou:
    Have a great week!
  • jocelyne2
    Options
    Hey, I'm new here, just started today! My short term goal is to lose 20 by Christmas and hopefully a pant size! I'm in 15 right now. Currently weigh 178 and want to get to 125-130 (I'm 5' 7) by next July. My DH and I plan to try for our 2nd kid then and I definitely want to be smaller than I was when I got pregnant with my son! That's about it lol..

My exercise today was raking our front yard and halling the leaves in a wheel barrel up and down my back yard to the creek - VERY exhausting! But I got it done! I usually do either "10 minute solutions - Pilates" or "Yoga Booty Ballet" as my daily exercise as I don't usually have a lot of time during the week!

Welcome ChckLiz ,I think you are going to enjoy this site its Awesome and the ppl are great :flowerforyou:

Well , last night again I totally screwed up and had eggs and bacon before bed which sent my cal intake into a tail spin :explode:

Today I am going to try to get a workout in but , Im not sure if ill be able to tough it out ....grrrrr... My left foot still has that annoying tingling sensation that it totally driving me nuts. Usually I would get it when im working out on the treadmill but now its been constant for 2 days. I guess we will see.

Sorry to hear about the gain shera that totally sucks but we have all been there a few times :happy:
    Its probably just water retention ,I read somewhere that the best time to weigh in is after body has had a rest day cause apperantly we keep the water in , Don't know how much truth there is to that and I too can't seem to stay away from that damn candy , Im trying to limit my son to 3 pieces a day cause he has A.D.H.D which in return is leaving the bowl sitting there staring at me instead grrrrrr.

Hope you ladies have a great day :drinker: :drinker:

WE CAN DO THIS !!!!!!! :tongue:
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    kicklikeaGIRL Posts: 867 Member
    Options

I did my weigh in on saturday, it's been 2 weeks and I gained 2lbs. I was really upset about it but I just don't see where I gained 2 lbs. I'm hoping it's water retention with the mexican dinner I had the night before so I plan to weigh again in a few days.

Shera-Don't worry about the weight gain, I am pretty sure that it was probably a lot of water retention. This last Friday night I knew I was going to weigh in on Saturday so I purposely ate a lot less sodium that day, and drank more water. I'm not sure if it helped...but I've heard it does, so why not! Keep up your hard work!!!

Hope everyone is having a good Monday, I have been fighting the urge to eat some candy today....I think I'll have an orange :happy: haha! Tonight is Turbo Kick night for me, with a session of ChaLean Extreme afterwards! Then...laundry and dishes (thats gotta be calories...right? haha! I'll take whatever I can get!)
  • shera426
    Options

Shera-Don't worry about the weight gain, I am pretty sure that it was probably a lot of water retention. This last Friday night I knew I was going to weigh in on Saturday so I purposely ate a lot less sodium that day, and drank more water. I'm not sure if it helped...but I've heard it does, so why not! Keep up your hard work!!!

No worries, I don't plan on dwelling on the 2 lbs to much.. I"m in this for the long haul so I'm trying to keep a positive attitude and keep on trucking :wink: I am so very proud of myself tonight, my dh and I went to the gym tonight and was hoping to get into the weight training class. Unfortunately getting 2 kids out of the house we got there late and the class was full. Instead we headed went to the spin room and worked out an hour, but when we were almost done a class was about to start so we stayed for that to!!! Super nice guy, I think he's super mean tho LOL just because he worked our @ss off!!! I burned 1200 calories tonight !! I can't believe it i'm so happy I could almost forget about my 2 lbs gain LOL

Let's go ladies, let's try and dig up that motivation that we had when we started!! I'm trying really hard to find mine so here's to a great week and great choices. Forget halloween candy (atleast i'm trying to) being healthier is getting closer everyday.

XOXOXO
    Sarah
    XOXO
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    Let's go ladies, let's try and dig up that motivation that we had when we started!! I'm trying really hard to find mine so here's to a great week and great choices. Forget halloween candy (atleast i'm trying to) being healthier is getting closer everyday.

XOXOXO
    Sarah
    XOXO

I'm glad you are doing good Shera! Thnx for the motivation, I need it so badly.
    I'm having trouble getting back on track ever since last wkend. Grrr. Tonight I'm going to go the that Body Pump class at the gym, and I'm going to actually log this week. I have been eating so bad that I haven't logged since last week. And I sure ly have not gotten the guts to get on the scale since then. :grumble:
    Trying hard to find the motivation and get my butt moving right now.

Gotta be good, gotta be good~ I got 6 weeks until I see my family - gotta look good, gotta feel good about myself again!
  • jocelyne2
    Options
    Welcome back nola I was starting to think you fell off the face of the earth :happy: This week I think has been a hard one for most of us . I have been screwing up left and right but every morning I wake up and say Im gonna be better today , and hmmmm well damn halloween candy ,and late night snacking gets the best of me :grumble: . The scale is also my enemy this week Im scared to step on it exspecially since aunt flo was visiting . I really think that there is some truth to the whole aunt flo and bad food decisions cause she definatley got the best of me , God I hate her :angry:

Hope you ladies have a great week !!!! :flowerforyou:
  • shera426
    Options
    I'm trying with the motivation :flowerforyou: I figure the more I keep saying it to myself and other people the easier it should become....*work in progress* LOL

One word for the halloween candy....FREEZER. It's awsome, if you like me I hate to waste things and just throw it away, yet I wouldn't know where to donate it either. So I put mine in a grocery bag and it went in my freezer. Out of sight, out of mind and so far it's working. I don't go digging in my freezer for junk food I go to my panry. And if I do want candy, I sure as heck don't want frozen chocolate, doesn't taste the same LOL :laugh:
    I'm trying to be good this week aunt flo will be here anyday and the wench just won't stop craving sweet & salty foods :grumble:
  • jocelyne2
    Options
    Lmao Shera . I was just thinking maybe we could take up donations and hire a hit men to get rid of that aunt flo once and for all :grumble: she is just pure evil and would deserve everything she gets:laugh: :laugh:
  • nolachick
    Options
    Aunt flo is a bad bad lady! She's the one that got me into this mess. When she came my bad habits resurfaced and I haven't been able to take control of it since.

But no, I'm standing up to her once and for all! :bigsmile:
  • nolachick
    Options
    oh and just an idea, lets come up with daily challenges....

Mine is 8 cups of water today :smile:

feel free to come up with a new idea everyday, I'll try my best to stick to it.
  • jocelyne2
    Options
    oh and just an idea, lets come up with daily challenges....

Mine is 8 cups of water today :smile:

feel free to come up with a new idea everyday, I'll try my best to stick to it.

thats a good one for today cause its my no workout day and i never get my eight with out working out. not a big drinker except for my wine :noway:
  • shera426
    Options
    I like the challenge idea, but how about we make it 9 cups today :tongue: