10 in 9

Options

Replies

• Pattyisgr8
    Pattyisgr8 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Nola- didn't get to make it :ohwell: , w/o garlic (my hubbys fav) he didn't want if "half assed", hopefully I can try it once we go food shopping!
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    that's ok, whenever u make it, I'm sure u won't regret it. I don't usually like garlic and when I made this dish I was eating the whole clove!

I find that adding more mustand and honey helped as the recipe seems to call for too little.

hope it turns out well! :smile:

keep in touch I haven't been hearing from u that much lately.
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    kicklikeaGIRL Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    I think I'm going to make that recipe this upcoming week! Yummmmy!

Last night I was able to do my Turbo Kick Round 32, Loved it! I can't wait to get my HRM to find out exactly how many calories I burn doing it! Tonight is my running night, and then its date night for me and the hubby! He REALLY wants pizza, so I compromised and said we could get pizza if we get Papa Murphy's Delite Hawaiian pizza, its only 140 calories a slice. I've been really good this week, so I figure if I get my workouts in and don't over-induldge then I should be just fine! I like not feeling guilty when eating food, and I like not depriving myself. I think its all part of a balance that I am REALLY glad I'm learning and practicing!

Do you guys have any weekend plans? Are you ready to be good this weekend??? :happy: Sundays are my hardest because it is my rest day, and I love snacking!

Linz- GREAT JOB on 150!! Thats awesome!! I will be SO happy to get there someday! Congrats girl!
  • shera426
    shera426 Posts: 227 Member
    Options

Today, I'm going to give spinning another try. The last instructor was not very good, hoping today's one is better!

Give it a try, it really does depend on the instructor, and especially the music. I tried a new lady last week and just about lost all motivation in the class because of her music. I had a good workout but not like I usually do.
  • LittleEva44
    Options
    I'm totally IN! I am a size 12 and really really really wanting to get down to a size 10. Lately I'm noticing that the scale isn't changing as much as my pants are getting more loose. This is a good thing, I hope! I've been running about 40 minutes a day, doing intervals on the treadmill. I loved working outside so much better. Not having to look at the sweaty people next to me, and the one right in front of me! Haha! Pretty sure I nickname myself Sweaty-Betty these days. I'm hoping the weight and the pant size will start to drop! Yippie!

Is anyone else seeing that they are maybe feeling better in their clothes, but its not reflecting on the scale as much? Its really frustrating because I want to be LIGHTER! But, I figure, if I can get into the size 10...I must be doing something right!!

Hi, Girl! You are doing so good! Keep up the good work on the workout regimen! Thanks for allowing your clothes to do the talking to you! You'll see later that your wedding band is going to feel "loose" on your finger :happy: The pair of boots that you'll try on this late fall/early winter will not be tight around your calves :happy: You'll get comments on your facial features looking "slimmer" and they can actually see your cheekbones! The loose pants by then will be much more looser that you'll put on for the first time in a LONG time one of your OLD belt and you'll notice the belt hole going INWARD instead of OUTWARD :tongue: THEN all your Victoria Secret bras that you have stashed away will fit you better without having the excess fat (skin) hanging on the side because of the under wire that USE to hurt you and doesn't anymore! :tongue:

I LOVE to communicate with a woman that pays attention to me by not weighing herself every single day and/or once a week. I remember you told me you were going to weigh yourself every 2 weeks, that's okay, too! Maybe you'll go for weighing yourself monthly as I do and MY magic day is Sunday, 15 Nov 09. Blessings! :flowerforyou:

Eva
  • nolachick
    Options

Today, I'm going to give spinning another try. The last instructor was not very good, hoping today's one is better!

Give it a try, it really does depend on the instructor, and especially the music. I tried a new lady last week and just about lost all motivation in the class because of her music. I had a good workout but not like I usually do.

I went and it was the same guy from last week. A few other ppl were dissapointed too. Luckily I brought my head phones and i pod to keep me company but it was still not as great as I would have liked. I ended up walking out like 5 mins before the class was over cuz I could NOT stand his voice and his instructions were just annoying and the music - don't even get me started. lol

today is back to the old treadmill/ elliptical.

Dawna: I have date night tonight too! But I've worked out every day this week and kept it to around 1200 cals so I should be ok. Still not sure if I'll weigh in tomorrow...I might just wait another week.

Glad to hear from everyone.

Eva: hadn't heard from u in a while. I never tried the diet u gave me cuz I haven't had much time to dedicate to grocery shopping and all. Hope u are doing great.
  • Pattyisgr8
    Options
    Hey ladies! Hope everyone is doing well, I was up and down from my pitfall last week. I weigh in on Mondays, w/ another challenge & I can't seem to get a handle on it. I make my cheat day my weigh in, so I weigh in in the morning and then make choices I may not eat during the week (not stuff my face, but I might go out to eat and allow myself an extra carb (I'm a carb addict so I basically limit them to breakfast only). Anywhoo- that seems to get me way off b/c Monday is the sign of a new week for me. Still trying to get used to it, so if I have sucky days I tend not to record on MFP, which is worse that being off, b/c it lays out how crappy I've been.

So this is a new week and happily I fit into my first size 14 jeans in years!!!!!!!!!!
    Hoping to get back into gear this week, so it can take me through Thanksgiving on track.

Have a great week ladies!
  • nolachick
    Options
    hey patty great to hear rom ya!

I Sat I was so discouraged when I went shopping and I wanted some cute jeans and not even the size 12 fit :grumble:

It's my darn thighs, can't get them to slim down. Also I think their sizes vary in diffrent style jeans cuz I went to another store and 12's were too big. Can't wait till I'm a solid 10!
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    Options
    Patty- way to go on the jeans!!!

Nola- I know what you mean...I hate that jeans vary in size depending on the brand. I wish they were all just the same so I wouldn't get disappointed or too excited!!! Haha!

I was able to fit into my Old Navy size 10 jeans this weekend. They were snug, but definitely fitting better than before. I'm hoping that I will be able to pull down my box full of my thinner jeans soon! At least by Christmas....

Yesterday I didn't eat as well as I would have liked to. My neighbor made us some chocolate-chip pumpkin bread. And...I became super weak. I limited myself, and let my husband induldge...but I stlil felt gross. Probably because I usually don't indulge like that, so it made me feel gross. But, back on today for 45 minutes of Turbo Kick, and 35 minutes of ChaLean Extreme. I need to get to bed earlier tonight!!

DID ANYONE DO ANYTHING FUN OVER THE WEEKEND??
    My husband and I started Christmas shopping, which I wouldn't call fun....but we did get some major deals at Old Navy. And then we watched Armageddon! Haven't seen that movie in YEARS!!!
  • shera426
    Options
    good to see you guys on here, I had nothing to post but I kept checking and no one was on here for the last few days. I think the slowing down, not as committed has to do with something about winter being here now. I don't know what it is but I just am NOT as strict with myself and I need to be. Always this time of year where I slack off and then add all the weight back on. Keep up the good work everyone we will see size 10's even if it kills us LOL

nolachick- would't it be nice if we could just suck out the thigh fat LOL not a big fan of lipo, would rather do it the good ol fashion way, but darn it if the thighs just get in the way of some cute jeans :tongue:
  • Pattyisgr8
    Options
    Dawna - My hubby & I went to Atlantic City for his birthday. We always go, but stay at a family beach house or go for the day, however this time we stayed at the Tropicana so it was pretty neat!
  • nolachick
    Options
    good to see you guys on here, I had nothing to post but I kept checking and no one was on here for the last few days. I think the slowing down, not as committed has to do with something about winter being here now. I don't know what it is but I just am NOT as strict with myself and I need to be. Always this time of year where I slack off and then add all the weight back on. Keep up the good work everyone we will see size 10's even if it kills us LOL

nolachick- would't it be nice if we could just suck out the thigh fat LOL not a big fan of lipo, would rather do it the good ol fashion way, but darn it if the thighs just get in the way of some cute jeans :tongue:

Girl that is the reason I am staying motivated! Knowing that @ Christmas I will have all my mom's home cooked food I will definately lose it. But I have been good for 2 weeks straight, working out 6x a week plus watching what I eat and NOTHING..

Can't figure out what the problem is. Eating too little? I noticed I was staying at 1200 or under most of the time so, DAWNA I took ur advice and changed my goals to 1 lbs a week to make it easier. I hope it works, but I can't help feel like I'm over eating :S
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    Options

Can't figure out what the problem is. Eating too little? I noticed I was staying at 1200 or under most of the time so, DAWNA I took ur advice and changed my goals to 1 lbs a week to make it easier. I hope it works, but I can't help feel like I'm over eating :S

I know what you mean! I started out eating 1200 calories, and then joined this site and saw that I should be eating 1430 to lose 1 pound per week. At first it seems like you are eating too much, but keep eating healthy foods, and doing your workouts. If it feels like too much at first...gradually add 50-75 calories every few days to the 1200 until you reach your new goal.

If I workout really hard, I will sometimes eat some of my exercise calories, but for the most part I just eat my 1430 recommended. If your body tells you that it needs more fuel, eat some fruit or veggies. I know that as I've been working out more my body gets more hungry during the day so I bring snacks (carrots&hummus, apples & PB, whole wheat crackers, light cheese sticks) just to keep me through the day. WAY TO GO ON THE WORKOUTS!!!! If you are changing up your workouts throughout the week and adding in strength training your body will burn more fat. I love "tricking" my body, so that it never knows what I'm going to do and then I end up burning way more calories.

Try not to get too disappointed. When I changed my goals and started eating a few more calories, I stayed the same weight for 3 weeks!!! It was kind of frustrating...but then it must have "caught up" to me, because I dropped 3.5 pounds. I hope it works for you! I think you'll find that you won't get as frustrated with 1 pound per week.

I know I'm going to back track a bit when I go home @ Christmas...MOm's cooking is just too dang good! Although I'm going to bring a workout DVD with me and try to get some workouts in so I don't overdo it. And I'm going to TRY to not overeat. Haha..easier said than done.
  • shera426
    Options
    I moved my goal to less then 2 lbs a week to, now I have 1500 calories just begining the day and i feel like its to much, especially if I workout there is no way I can eat all my exercise calories on top of that. I had 800 left over last night but I wasn't hungry and I had great choiced thorough out the day so i'm not really worried.
    I'll let you know how it works for me, I usually weigh on saturday.
  • nolachick
    Options
    thnx for the feed back ladies, its always great to hear from ya. :smile:

I think 1430 is reasonable esp. if you're not planning on eating exercise cals. crossing my fingers xx hope this works!
  • kgrutch
    kgrutch Posts: 223
    Options
    i am so happy, i just fit into size 8 jeans, my friend gave me 4 pairs of her old ones (she is now in a size 4- i dont think i will ever see that number). i have some friends who really believe in switching up the numbers from week to week to keep your body in check. they will eat 1500cals one week and the next 1200cals. they think that by rotating their body doesnt get the chance to adapt to the same routine, same with exercise. i used to do the same things every week, same classes, etc. i recently switched my exercise program up and really started to lose. (i had lost 14 pounds in 3 months and now recently have lost 12 pounds in 4 weeks, my ticker is only counting since i joined MFP). what do u think about rotating calories?286364.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • nolachick
    Options
    KGRUTCH:

wow great job. I'm definately trying to switch it up cuz I haven't lost in a while!
    Would like to be down 5 lbs in 5 weeks, any suggestions?
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    Options
    i am so happy, i just fit into size 8 jeans, my friend gave me 4 pairs of her old ones (she is now in a size 4- i dont think i will ever see that number). i have some friends who really believe in switching up the numbers from week to week to keep your body in check. they will eat 1500cals one week and the next 1200cals. they think that by rotating their body doesnt get the chance to adapt to the same routine, same with exercise. i used to do the same things every week, same classes, etc. i recently switched my exercise program up and really started to lose. (i had lost 14 pounds in 3 months and now recently have lost 12 pounds in 4 weeks, my ticker is only counting since i joined MFP). what do u think about rotating calories?

kgrutch- great job with the SIZE 8! Thats awesome!

I definitely believe wholeheartedly in rotating your exercise routine. I ALWAYS switch mine up. At first I was just running, and after a while my body got used to the exercise. Now I add inclines/speed up/walks, etc. And I have also added in cardio kickboxing, strength training, cardio pump, etc. I think your body needs to "switch it up" otherwise you are constantly working the same muscles as well as your body adjusts to the workout. With strength training I've noticed I've had to increase my weights because I am getting stronger too. Its important to recognzie when your body is started to get "used" to an exercise. Mix it up! Plus, I've found that mixing it up helps me to not get bored!! I've lost 12 pounds in 12 weeks, (my goal is 1 pound per week)!!!!

As far as rotating calories... I don't switch off weekly, but one day a week (usually Saturdays after "weigh in") I try to eat a large portion of my exercise calories. I have found that by doing this it kind of tricks my body a bit. I have never tried switching week to week. I think I would be too scared..haha.

nolachick- you CAN do 5 pounds in 5 weeks! I just know you can do it!! Stick to a healthy diet (avoid processed foods, frozen dinners, eating out, alcohol, soda, etc) and keep working out!! Drink lots of water (it helps from retaining water) & get lots of rest! The day before you do your "weigh ins"...drink even more water, and eat a low sodium dinner! This has helped me...I hope you reach your goal!! I know it gets busy sometimes, and a lot of times I don't even want to cook when I get home...its so much easier to go get something. But, there is a lot less calories and sodium and sugar in home cooked meals!

p.s. i talk WAY too much. can you tell I'm bored at work today?
  • nolachick
    Options
    thats what I don't understand, I have stopped eating lean cuisines and all that junk and started cooking a bit or atleast eating sandwiches (wheat bread, mustard, turkey breast and fat free cheese).
    I am not even going out in order to avoid the alcohol and late night munchies....grr. I am just going to wait until 5 weeks have gone by and stop obsessing over it to weigh in. haha. let's see how long I can keep that up.

oh and I'm also bored out of my mind today. lol
  • kgrutch
    kgrutch Posts: 223
    Options
    one thing that i think really helped me is i always go the gym in the mornings and then for the rest of the day really not too much exercise, other than chasing around 3 year old, occasional tennis with DH. recently i have started jogging 1 mile at night and then doing walking/50yard sprints (for a total of 2-3 miles) with DH after little one goes to bed. it only takes less than 30 mins and i think it keeps my metabolism up for the whole night. we just back from swimming laps, ugh, i am a terrible swimmer but managed to do 1/2 mile (with breaks). i just keep telling myself, every time i will do a little better than the last.