10 in 9

Options

Replies

• nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    hey ladies, I'm glad ya'll are sticking to the workouts during the holiday weekend. I also got up today and did Ab Jam. It was only 20mins but boy did I feel the burn. Now I'm getting ready to go for a very long walk with my bf. So excited!
  • kgrutch
    kgrutch Posts: 223
    Options
    went to the gym early this am, got in 45 mins leg workout then 60 mins of bootcamp, a killer today we had to run on the treadmill at 5% incline for 2.5 mins then 8% incline for 2.5 mins and then rotate this for a total of 20 mins (1st time in a while that i felt like i might faint), then 1 minute sprints on 15% incline x 10 mins, then a combo of weights for all body parts. my friend beside me kept telling me, turn up the speed, which was helpful becuase i could do it faster than i thought i could, i got up to 8.5 speed which is good for me.

i have spent the rest of the day cooking, i try to get ahead on the w/e so i can have a lot of quick healthy snacks/meals, cooked some turkey chili, veggie soup, baked tilapia with lemon and grilled shrimp. i am going to make some quinoa, never have had it before so i hope it turns out. going to seaworld tomorrow so i will bring my cooler packed with food. i guess i will have to sprint from one side of the park to other to get my workout in, lol.

very encouraging to read everyone's progress, congrats on the workouts/losses/compliments. today an exboyfriend saw me in the gym (who has acted like he doesnt know me for the past 2 years) and came up and said hi and told me that i was looking good.
  • nolachick
    Options
    hey ladies!
    well last night I couldnt' fall asleep til almost 2am so needless to say I couldn't get up for my 6am workout. Will definately do it after work! Which will be a challenge but I know I have to do it! Good news is I measured in last night and I have lost an inch off my hips. I can't tell you how happy I was cuz that's my biggest problem - I'm very bottom heavy so most of my weight is in my butt thighs and hips. I bought a pair of neoprene workout shorts to help me in that area, haven't tried them out yet tho. Have any of u tried or heard about em?

Today is Monday and exactly 4 weeks before Christmas ladies! We can do this!
  • porterbaby38
    Options
    good morning everyone. i have to do a few things, then it's turbo jam live workout. then i'm going for a walk later.
  • nolachick
    Options
    I'm in a size 10 or 12 (depending on the item of clothing) right now, and would like to drop a size by my birthday (New Year's Day).

I'm with you!

MercuryBlue: sorry I overlooked your post. Welcome! Hope you make your goal for new year's. You have plenty of time left and with the right planning I'm sure you can do it!
  • shera426
    shera426 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking we need to have a challange today? anyone with me? I usually drink all my water so I was hoping for another idea any one have any suggestions we could try?
  • nolachick
    Options
    Hey Shera, great to hear from y ou. was wondering where you been. Anyone heard from jocelyn? she's been MIA for a while too. hmmm.

As for challenges - great idea. I think last weeks challenged really helped me by making me accountable for my workouts to you all. I'm not sure what everyone's diet is like, but i KNOW I need to get more fruits and veggies in.

Would it be a good challenge to get a fruit or veggie in at each meal? (not including snacks)
    or we can make all our snacks fruits/ veggies?

something along those lines cuz I need more of that stuff in me.
  • shera426
    Options
    What great timing! Thats a good idea lets say a fruit/veggie w/ every meal. For snack I just had an apple and a babybel cheese. I had raisans in my oatmeal this am so I'll count those but i'll see if I can add some veggies in later to add in more + whatever I have for dinner to. Veggies are a challenge for me i usually have some with dinner but I know I need more for my daily allowance I just get so bored with them and stick with the same salad or corn & green beans. Maybe I'll try something new this week?
  • nolachick
    Options
    well What I have been doing and its working out pretty well...I buy a bag of mixed brocolli, cauliflower and baby carrots. that way I can do either combination I want B&C when I'm craving salty, baby carrots when I want something sweet. I keep that at work to eat with my sandwich for lunch. At first I ate it with a scoop of hummus, now I don't even need the hummus.

Also snack on bananas or apples. But definately want more variety and definately want more in my daily intake. any recipes or suggestions welcome!
  • Pattyisgr8
    Pattyisgr8 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Great challenge Nola-
    I had applesauce w/ breakfast, an applw w/ lunch, & idk w dinner, probably broccoli. I'd love veg/fruit recipes too!

Jocelyn had disappeared : (
  • nolachick
    Options
    Congrats patty on winning the bikini babe challenge.

Today my fruits/ veggies are:
    canteloupe for breakfast
    greek salad for lunch ( lettuce, tomatoes, onions, black olives, etc)
    dinner - not sure yet. I'll think of something.
  • shera426
    Options
    I didn't get a fruit of veggie in for dinner *tear* I didn't plan at all. However I did have a fantastic homemade tamale a friend of mine brought me and I made rice & beans so I was joking with myself that the rice I made had tomato sauce in it and thats a fruit!!!

I'll try again today, so far breakfast I had a banana & toast
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    kicklikeaGIRL Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Good Morning ladies!
    Last night I pushed through 45 minutes of Turbo Kick and 40 minutes of ChaLean Extreme, even though I was feeling super bloated and crampy! I felt a lot better afterwards. Yesterday I did pretty good with the fruits and veggies. I limit myself to 2 servings of fruit a day, so that I don't overload on sugar and feel too bloated. And I try to really squeeze in lots of veggies as fillers for my meals.

apple (morning snack) and banana (afternoon snack)

Lunch fillers= carrots/cucumbers/cauliflower with hummus
    Dinner fillers= sliced potatoes, sliced carrots, chopped broccoli, sliced onions, chopped garlic with rosemary seasoning (tin foil dinner style). It was yummy.
  • kgrutch
    Options
    i also try to limit my fruits but i had an apple today with one of my meal/snacks, salad greens with mushroom/beets/onion/balsamic vinegar (with baked tilapia), blueberries (with oatmeal), sweet potato (with almonds), tomatoes (8 salad tomatoes cut in half with 1oz reduced fat crumbled blue cheese, balsmaic vinegar, little garlic-yum), 1/2 cup wilted fresh spinach (sauteed in a pan with 2 tbsp water and garlic), leftover grilled veggies (i make a huge batch of zucchini, onion, mushroom, eggplant, peppers-toss with 1/4 cup ff italian dressing and grill for 45-60 mins, very good heated up as leftovers too). as i wrote it all down i realize i do eat more veggies than i thought i did.

one of my very favorite snacks is cottage cheese with fresh diced apple in it. also frozen grapes and blueberries is another treat. i'd also love some recipes or interesting ways to get veggies in.
  • nolachick
    Options
    i also try to limit my fruits but i had an apple today with one of my meal/snacks, salad greens with mushroom/beets/onion/balsamic vinegar (with baked tilapia), blueberries (with oatmeal), sweet potato (with almonds), tomatoes (8 salad tomatoes cut in half with 1oz reduced fat crumbled blue cheese, balsmaic vinegar, little garlic-yum), 1/2 cup wilted fresh spinach (sauteed in a pan with 2 tbsp water and garlic), leftover grilled veggies (i make a huge batch of zucchini, onion, mushroom, eggplant, peppers-toss with 1/4 cup ff italian dressing and grill for 45-60 mins, very good heated up as leftovers too). as i wrote it all down i realize i do eat more veggies than i thought i did.

one of my very favorite snacks is cottage cheese with fresh diced apple in it. also frozen grapes and blueberries is another treat. i'd also love some recipes or interesting ways to get veggies in.

mmm sounds like u already got the veggies on lock down. I'll have to try some of these out!
  • Pattyisgr8
    Pattyisgr8 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Applesauce (I go to work from the gym, it's hard!)
    Lunch: Tomatoes & Apple
    Snack: Pineapple
    Dinner: Green Beans

These are my fruits & veggies from today!
  • nolachick
    Options
    Breakfast: Applesauce (I go to work from the gym, it's hard!)
    Lunch: Tomatoes & Apple
    Snack: Pineapple
    Dinner: Green Beans

These are my fruits & veggies from today!

hey patty,maybe u can take a banana for after your workout in the morning. I've heard a lot of good things about banana after ur workouts and it may be more fulling and have less sugar than that applesaucE?

just a suggestion.
  • kgrutch
    Options
    another easy way to get veggies is the old weight watchers soup, i dont know if any of you have made it but its very simple, i throw any kind of veggies in there - zucchini, cabbage, green beans, carrots, onion, green pepper, celery, just saute onion, celery, gp, add water or low sodium broth, can of tomato paste, simmer for 45-60 minutes. great addition to any meal and you dont even realize how many veggies you are eating ( i also add some hot chili pepper paste or jalepeno to mine for some spice). i make it weekly and bring some with me to work or grab with lunch/dinner when i am still hungry, only 45 calories per cup.
  • nolachick
    Options
    had an awesome workout this morning ladies! Did Turbo Sculpt and boy did I feel the burn. I didnt have time to do Ab Jam this mroning but will make it a point to get it in this evening after work.

Fruits/veggies for today:
    canteloup @ breakfast and strawberry & cereal yogurt (it's so goood)
    lunch: really craving a greek salad ( I didnt end up having any yesterday)
    dinner: call me crazy but I want an italian salad.

I dunno whats up with me this week but all I'm craving are fruits and veggies. Can't stand the sight of chicken right now. altho I cud go for a big fat burger - lol

Gotta be good - no burger.

Have a great Wednesday ya'll!
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    kicklikeaGIRL Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Nolachick- Love the new pic!
    Kgrutch- thanks for the weight watchers soup idea! I think that I'm going to definitely use that this cold cold winter!

I am seriously addicted to veggies and fruit!! I love it because they are so low cal! These are my veggies/fruit for the day:
    apple, banana, raw carrots/celergy/cauliflower w/ low cal dip, steamed broccoli w/ pinch of parmesean, dinner salad-romaine lettuce/carrots/celery/green peppers

Today at work I was cutting my apple into slices (for some reason I struggle eating it whole).... and this lady came into the breakroom and said "my word, your pants are falling off your behind! you are looking great!" It made my day! I don't know why...but sometimes it is hard for me to take a compliment. I seem to sometimes make excuses... instead of saying thank you. weird!?!?! ??? I just need to learn to say thank you and accept a compliment!!!