10 in 9

Options

Replies

• Pattyisgr8
    Pattyisgr8 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Thanks Nola, I think bananas smell...lol, but my applesauce is unsweetened organic, so its not sooooo bad...

Dawna, I completely know how you feel, people at work keep complementing me and I'm like "thanks but I hate that my pants are too big". Hello didn't I want my pants to be too big!?@! duh...lol
  • kgrutch
    kgrutch Posts: 223
    Options
    dawna and patty, you are both such beautiful women, you should really learn to accept those compliments because you deserve them.

i have been eating according to my plan very strict for the past 6 weeks, i have 2 weeks left for my boot camp challenge. the next challenge will be to continue this really healthy eating especially bringing my food with me to work. i decided to get a body bugg to keep me on track, i know a lot people with them and i think it will help me to keep my exercise at a peak and to keep my calories in a deficit. does anyone have one and how do they like it? does it motivate you to do more exercise?
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    dawna and patty, you are both such beautiful women, you should really learn to accept those compliments because you deserve them.

i have been eating according to my plan very strict for the past 6 weeks, i have 2 weeks left for my boot camp challenge. the next challenge will be to continue this really healthy eating especially bringing my food with me to work. i decided to get a body bugg to keep me on track, i know a lot people with them and i think it will help me to keep my exercise at a peak and to keep my calories in a deficit. does anyone have one and how do they like it? does it motivate you to do more exercise?

I agree that all u ladies are beautiful, and definately deserve all the compliments to validate ur hard work.

kgrutch I dunno what those are ur talking about but it sounds interesting. haha
  • porterbaby38
    Options
    good morning everyone. i'm alittle bit down today. my husband left to go to texas yesterday, he's coming back sunday, hopefully. the reason i'm down is i already miss him. i just want eat and eat, but i just tell myself that i work so hard,to get where i'm at now. i mainly exercise yesterday. i want to look great for him ,for when he gets back. what i'm saying i need help.so i won't eat and eat. i workout, clean house, walk the dog, and read health books. HELP ME PLEASE.
  • nolachick
    Options
    oooh this is easy. now that he is away make a to do list on all the stuff u've wanted to do around the house but never get around to it.

suggestions:

cleaning out the closet - reorganizing what u use, what u don't what to donate, what to toss, etc.
    same goes for ur garage/ storage room/ attick, etc.
    have u put christmas decorations up? try to "redo" ur living room/kitchen any other room wwhich u have decorated in the "usual" way and play around with rearranginge some stuff.

any house projects really willl do, time will fly by so quick and when he comes back he'll probably notice the changes u have made around the house. Atleast I'm sure you will. keep a bottle of water with u to drink up all day long and chew some gum to keep ur mouth busy. I always find that time flies by while doing home improvement stuff.

I'm a very homey person - always trying to find new things for my home or new way to organize stuff.

If that still doesnt work and u wanna get out the house why not go somewhere u always wanted to go but never got around to it - like a book store, library to research on some topic of ur choice. I like going to borders or barnes n noble and just spend hours browsing thru books about everything and anything from diet/ fitness for inspiration, cook books for new ideas, beauty magz for new fashion and clothing, etc.

Whatever u want girl! It's time to have some quality "me" time. :flowerforyou:
  • porterbaby38
    Options
    thanks nolachick, i appreicate it.
  • nolachick
    Options
    oh and I forgot to mention - if u can do ur christmas shopping, or if u have already done that, start on ur gift wrapping?
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    kicklikeaGIRL Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    This topic is getting me excited. I love my husband...but I can think of so many things I would do!! Hahaha. One of my hobbies includes making homemade cards (birthdays, christmas, thank yous, etc) and I would looove to pop in a nice chick flick (one the hubby wouldn't necessarily enjoy watching) and go to town making some cards! I rarely have the time to do that these days, and if I do, I'm hurried.
    Okay...I better stop, I'm getting too excited thinking about all the things I would do. Oh, did I mention maybe a little marathon of Guitar hero? Guilty pleasure..haha!!

Thanks kgrutch, I am going to try to positively accept compliments!

Last night I did my 4.5 mile run. It felt great! One of my successes from last night was that I was able to run almost the entire thing without walking at all. But, halfway there, I walked for 2 minutes to catch my breath & drink some water. Someday I will get to the point where I can run it without stopping! It took me just over 40 minutes...I averaged a 6.8mph, which is about an 8 minute mile. So, that was really good for me. I am feeling very energized today!! Tonight is a Turbo Kick night (high intensity cardio) with ChaLean Extreme (strength training). I'm telling you all now so that when I report tomorrow... I am held accountable for my words..haha!

I am weighing myself on Saturday, and I'm really hoping for some sweet results! **fingers crossed** I haven't been naughty! Haha...so maybe Santa will bring me some new size 10 jeans from American Eagle?
  • nolachick
    Options
    Morning ladies. It's finally friday and I'm so excited about my weigh in tomorrow. I hope I have lost pounds cuz I surely feel like I have lost inches. Last night I started packing for my trip home next weekend. I tried on a bunch of stuff, and I FINALLY fit into this pencil skirt I had bought when I started working in August. I could barely get it to go up my thighs and I surely could not zip it up. Well...last night I was pulling it up and expecting to have to wiggle in :laugh: but I didn't have to - it slid right up and then zipped right up! yeyyyyyyyyyy :drinker: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

So excited. Also a pair of size 10 trousers I bought a few weeks back as motivation to get into them fit very nicely as well! Before I could barely zip them up. I am so excited. Finally this is paying off. And my diet isn't even strict, if I would only get serious about my diet I'm sure I could do 10x better! Today I am wearing a gray sweater to work which I haven't worn in exactly one year - why cuz it gave away all my rolls and lumps which have now turned surprisingly smooth.

Thanks everyone for all your help! I feel awesome, and I know all this hardwork is finally paying off.

Today's fruits and veggies:
    Morning: don't have anything to eat, lol. I forgot my breakfast.
    Lunch: italian salad
    Dinner: perhaps some pasta and steam veggies

Extra challenge for today: Drink TEN CUPS OF WATER!
  • shera426
    shera426 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    OMG that's amazing nolachick congrats to you on your accomplishments!!! It's so exciting to hear great news like that! Even if you don't loose lbs tomorrow you can feel confident that you are definately loosing inches and before you know it you should be seeing a difference on the scale. This is just awsome, i can't tell you how happy I am for you. If you were closer I'd buy you a round of water HAHAHA okay...maybe 1 drink then we'd burn it off at the gym!
  • porterbaby38
    Options
    that's wonderful nolchick, i'm happy for you. this morning i cleaned and exercise.
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    Options
    Nolachick--- ahhh!! I'm SO happy for you! I love that feeling of excitement you get once you can fit into something you haven't been able to in so long!! I bet it is motivating you even more!!! You can do it!! It's good you are drinking lots of water today! Try to limit your sodium intake today, and you'll have less "water weight" retention! I'm excited for you!! IF the scale doesn't make you happy...keep working hard! Sometimes it takes a little bit for everything to catch up!! WAY TO GO!!

I had a great night... I did 45 minutes of Turbo Kick, felt amazzzzing! I could really feel my abs flexing as I did a lot of the moves. Then me and my hubby did ChaLean Extreme while dinner was cooking. Today I am feelin it!! AND I am sooo hungry today! To keep my metabolism in overdrive.. I eat my breakfast all morning long.... 8am (sourdough english muffin) 9am (light cheese) 10am-11am (apple W/ peanut butter). And then I eat lunch around 12:30. And then 2pm (natural almonds) 3pm (carrots) 4pm (banana---gets me energized for my workout at 5:30). I literally eat all day long! Its great though, and keeps my metabolism pumped. Yahoo! My biggest problem area right now is my Abs/ stomach area. I am going to start combining a lot more running into my workouts in conjunction with my current core training exercises.

Have a great weekend!
  • nolachick
    Options
    Thanks for the support ladies. You are the best! :flowerforyou:

I am DEFINATELY more motivated now and I definately will not let these holidays make me slip up. I have already planned for my trip I will be walking/jogging 4 miles 3x a week with my mom and doing the turbo jam dvd's at home. My goal is to actually lose weight those 2 weeks I'm gone. So hopefully that will happen for me.

My reward: a trip to the salon and a new haircut :) to go with my new body. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Shera I :heart: ur new pic! U look amazing. omg those eyes~!

Porterbaby: what have u done since I last replied to ur thread yesterday? Did any of my tips help? I hope u got some things accomplished and kept busy.

Dawna: suggestions on low sodium meals? Tonight I would have a light dinner but I'm going to a concert so I wanna eat well so I'm not starving after and make bad choices.

Have a great friday everyone!
  • porterbaby38
    Options
    yes thank you i really cleaned for the last 2 days.
  • nolachick
    Options
    yes thank you i really cleaned for the last 2 days.

awesome~ I will have to take my own advice this weekend to really clean my room, clean my closet, start packing for my trip. It's only 2 weeks but I want to have everything ready and not forget anything!
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    Options

Dawna: suggestions on low sodium meals? Tonight I would have a light dinner but I'm going to a concert so I wanna eat well so I'm not starving after and make bad choices.

Have a great friday everyone!

This is my dinner tonight (low sodium)

Broccoli - Raw, 1 cup, chopped
    Fish - Salmon, Atlantic, wild, cooked, dry heat, 3 oz
    Potatoes - Red, flesh and skin, baked, 1 potato medium (2-1/4" to 3-1/4" dia)
    Onions - Raw, 0.25 cup, chopped
    Bolthouse Farms - Baby-Cut Carrot, 1 oz. (85g/8 carrots)
    Cheese - Parmesan, shredded, 1 tbsp
    Generic - Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 1/2 tbsp
    Garlic/Herb seasoning

Basically I am going to cut up my potatoes, and carrots and onions & sprinkle some "salt free" seasoning on it... then I will put them in tin foil (wrapped them all up) and then stick that in the oven for about 30 minutes or so. Yum! I'm already drooling...

This dinner comes to 199mg of sodium. I'm trying to get less than 1800mg of sodium for the DAY. Since my lunch is high sodium, I've gotta go low sodium and drink LOTS of water!! If you eat lots of veggies and some grilled meat, you can probably stay full. You'll even probably have some calories left over for a small snack afterwards. I would just try to go for an overall lower total of sodium for the day. And be sure to drink lots of water!! I wouldn't recommend eating "out", because restaurant foods are loaded with sodium.

Good luck!
  • kgrutch
    Options
    im having salmon tonight as well, i put my salmon in a baking dish and use about 1/2-3/4 low sodium broth, top salmon with thin cut lemon slices, occasionally put some low sodium old bay seasoning, bake for ten minutes ( we love the salmon when it undercooked). i also made brown rice and black beans, broccoli, yummy.
  • shera426
    shera426 Posts: 227 Member
    Options

Shera I :heart: ur new pic! U look amazing. omg those eyes~!

AWW you guys are so sweet, Dawna sent me a comment as well Thank you ladies!! I didn't lose any weight this week and I haven't measured either but my sz.12 am eagle jeans I can officially pull down w/o unbuttoning!!! OMG feeling great! Aunt flo is gone *B- to the ITCH* so i'm looking forward to weigh in next week HAHA yeah i know i'm odd HAHA but between aunt flo and thanksgiving I had retained 4 lbs this week...glad that's gone!
    Thanks again for the wonderful picture comments, you guys are the best!
  • nolachick
    Options
    HELLLOOOOOOOOO LADIES :)

I couldn't wait to come on today and report my weigh in. I have lost 5lbs in about 3 weeks. Which is major for me, cuz I changed my goals to 1lb a week and still did pretty good. I am officially in the 170's finally! 178
    ahhhhhh

feeling so happy and proud of myself for all my hard work.

Have a great day ladies :)
  • kgrutch
    Options
    way to go nola chick, those good weigh ins give you the energy to keep pushing forward. i know i feel re-energized and know i am doing all of the right things.

i am so proud of myself, i just finished running a 5K (after working my 12 hour shift) tonight. i am running my 1st official 5K next weekend and although i have run 5K on the treadmill i wanted to do it on pavement, i am soooo happy. for every 5 lbs i lose i envision a 5lb bag of sugar and how heavy that feels. i feel like i am throwing one over my shoulder and try to feel how much easier it is to run, workout, walk, etc. to think abouth carrying that weight in a backpack and trying to run makes me cringe. keep up the good work everyone!!