10 years together... what a difference 2 years can make!

Options

Replies

• tephyyy
    tephyyy Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    It's so amazing how you were able to go on that journey together. You two look so amazing and I wish you the best of luck in the duathlon! Congrats on your accomplishment!
  • thoseredkeds
    Options
    What a strong and inspiring couple story!! This has given me and my husband some much needed motivation! Good luck to you both during the marathon :)
  • LifestyleChange33
    LifestyleChange33 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Awwww what a great story!! :love:
  • ShaunMc1968
    Options
    Great story - best wishes for a long and happy life together.
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    Inspirational!
  • haylz247
    haylz247 Posts: 435
    Options
    wow! you look incredible! it's great that you did it together!
  • Melissa592
    Options
    Wow...I read your story with tears in my eyes! You guys are such an inspiration! :)
  • JennyZD
    JennyZD Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    good job! no reason to envy Brangelina, you guys are the new power couple!
  • DebbieMc3
    DebbieMc3 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your story!
  • j_courter
    j_courter Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    congratulations to both of you! you are such an inspiration to me, not only for how far you've come, but for the incredible strength you've gained. you are amazing! there's nothing you can't do. thanks for letting me share in your journey!
  • laineylynnfit
    laineylynnfit Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Beautiful Testament. Thanks for sharing. I am strong that your bond has strengthened because of the hard work!
  • love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    You were cute when you were heavy, but you're beautiful without the extra weight! You're a great looking couple, and it's great that you're both fit and enjoying life and each other. Good luck with the duathlon!

I showed my husband, and he was amazed at how much younger you look. He thinks you looked old enough to be your own parents in the before pictures. :smile:
  • Cheri_Moves
    Cheri_Moves Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    congratulations to both of you! you are such an inspiration to me, not only for how far you've come, but for the incredible strength you've gained. you are amazing! there's nothing you can't do. thanks for letting me share in your journey!

Ahhhh, Thank you! You have been an inspiration to me as well my friend :wink:
  • Cheri_Moves
    Options
    good job! no reason to envy Brangelina, you guys are the new power couple!

I have to say, this is probably one of my FAVORITE comments! lol :laugh:
  • Cheri_Moves
    Options
    You were cute when you were heavy, but you're beautiful without the extra weight! You're a great looking couple, and it's great that you're both fit and enjoying life and each other. Good luck with the duathlon!

I showed my husband, and he was amazed at how much younger you look. He thinks you looked old enough to be your own parents in the before pictures. :smile:

Its funny how extra weight ages a person, and how loosing it almost reverses it... Like getting fit truly IS the fountain of youth! (well, not forever of course, but the idea remains) :wink:
  • tichondrius
    tichondrius Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    whoa, that is so awesome! i love it.
  • DanielleRN8
    Options
    Such a great story! Thanks for sharing! You guys look great!
  • rougette66
    rougette66 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    AMAZING
  • clbowman11
    clbowman11 Posts: 117
    Options
    All I can say is that is awesome! And I'm sure it's made you guys a stronger couple going through that together (:
  • chrystee
    chrystee Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    005-002.jpg
    042-1.jpg

Tomorrow will mark 10 years married to the most wonderful man I know. He was my high school sweetheart. He was the one I "grew up" with. He was the man who stood by my side through 9 years of infertility. And subsequently, he is the the father of our son.

He is also the man who watched me get bigger, while I watched him do the same. Over the years, we gained a lot of weight together. Eating out, eating anything we wanted, making excuses together. Being very inactive. Well, this all changed about 2 years ago. Starting with him.

In the past 2 years, my husband has lost around 100 pounds
    107-001.jpg Before
    008-1.jpg After!

In the past 1+ year, I have lost 75 pounds
    209.jpg Before
    079.jpg After!

I look back on the years we've spent together, and I'm filled with mixed emotions. The damage we did to ourselves through years of unhealthy living, which in turn led to stress, depression, lack of intimacy, caused a strain on our marriage. BUT, we have been able to mend much of this through our journey over these past 2 years. Getting healthy has given our marriage the new life it needed.

To celebrate our new life, we are doing an Olympic duathlon in September... he is a cyclist and I am a runner :drinker:

Amazing! Don't dwell on the past.. went through similiar stuff in my marriage, but through it, you prevailed. Celebrate it, and congrats!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!