Any pitbull owners out there?

Options

Replies

• MsEmmy
    MsEmmy Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I'm in the UK and Pits are a banned breed here - if you are found with one you have to sign an agreement in order to keep it, following rules such as it must be muzzled in public and must be registered and neutered. If this is not signed the dog can be taken and put to sleep. The problem is, any halfwit can be called as an expert and decide that a dog is a pit just by looking at it. This is what happened in the high profile 'Lennox' case in Belfast where a Lab cross dog was wrongly identified as a pit and taken from his family and killed.

My teenage sons and their friends were followed home one day by a stray dog. At one point he ran into the road and one of the lads picked him up and carried him to keep him safe. He was the most gentle and sweet dog even though he didn't know them and he turned out to be part pit.

Unfortunately, over here they are favoured by no-brain lads a lot of the time and often trained to attack and take part in dog fights, much the same as they use Staffies (as they are not a banned breed.) They are used as an accessory to look tough. Such a shame that these lovely dogs get a bad name just because their owners are idiots.
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    Guess not.
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    guess not what?
  • cowgirlup327
    cowgirlup327 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I have an American Staffordshire mix - with collie or shepherd. Some people react with "is she a pit?" but mostly I hear compliments about what a good nature she has and how happy/friendly she is. The dogs are all born the same - it's the owner's choice as to what sort of dog his or her pit is going to turn out to be. I live in Philly where there are a lot of dog fighting busts and shelters are loaded with pits. As much as I love mine, I would be hesitant to adopt one more than a year old from a shelter. It takes years to undo the damage someone else has caused to a dog. Regardless, this is the only breed of dog I ever want to have for the rest of my life. Smart, loyal, lovable...can't ask for much more.
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Regardless, this is the only breed of dog I ever want to have for the rest of my life. Smart, loyal, lovable...can't ask for much more.

agreed!
  • LadyNeshoba
    LadyNeshoba Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to be able to get another pittie!

I love them and boxers! They are my fave breeds! They are such silly babies! But unfortunately I can't get one because of all the stupid breed restrictions on apartments and such.
  • vger11
    vger11 Posts: 248
    Options
    Here are my viscous baby eaters:

Nala and Rampage (when Rampage was a Puppy)

rampage3.jpg

Nala with a human femur:

nala5.jpg

Nala in viscous human attack mode:

nala2.jpg

Rampage just before he attacks you:

rampage1.jpg

I was taken to the hospital right after she attacked me in this pic:

nala1.jpg

So scary:

nala3.jpg

Kidding aside, I <3 Pitbulls. Best family dogs EVER!

Post pics of yours!

BEST POST I'VE EVER SEEN!!!!!

wish I new how to post a pic of my beautiful girl....she's the total package. Love my Pitt :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • cushygal
    cushygal Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    beautiful dogs and my brother in law has a massive pit that he is labelled as the gentle giant. He is over 100 pounds of pure muscle and so very sweet - but I am terrified.

I have 2 little Lhasa Apsos, who are more aggressive that my BIL pit.

But I cannot get over my fear of those dogs - I know for the most part it is unfounded, but I automatically tense up when I see one.
  • kiminikimkim
    kiminikimkim Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    My neighbor has the sweetest pitbull named Tanka. So sweet.
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    love pibbles!! I don't have any, but I do have a Weimaraner and JRT. The Jack is a total bully!
  • MissyMissy18
    MissyMissy18 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I love this thread. I have never met a pitbull I didn't like.

I've never owned a dog, but when I do (somday... someday) you can bet I'm getting me a pit!!
  • SuffolkSally
    SuffolkSally Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    This is Noodles, my 6 yr old Staffordshire Terrier (AKA pitbull) 45 lbs of solid muscle, and very sweet and affectionate.

She's all black except for one toe on her "passenger side" left foot, go figure!

WITH EYEBROWS!

Not only did she sit still for the makeup (silver eyeliner), but also for the photos!

NoodlesWithEyebrows_sm.jpg (damn that took a long time to figure out!)

Such a sad face...how could you say no to that lol

I want your dog!
  • rachielyon
    rachielyon Posts: 56
    Options
    Yes, I have a 3.5 year old female. I have had pits all my life and have NEVER had one bite or be vicious to anyone. My current pittie is about 43 lbs and blonde with a pink nose. She's my only "child" and my Husband and I baby her!
  • fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Incoming dog pics!

sorry cant help my self lol

The many faces and poses of pibbles:

Happy:

2073_58987171312_8374_n.jpg

Annoyed:

nala.jpg

WTF is wrong with my owner:

Rampage1-1.jpg

Sad:

nala2-1.jpg

Haters gonna hate:

rampage3-1.jpg

Must be touching you:

sillydogs2.jpg

Lazy Pose

sillydogs.jpg

Lazy pose 2

sillydogs3.jpg
  • ohmykai
    ohmykai Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    My Kinda Thread! I have two!!! Nala & Kona

15hy64i.jpg

qrc19k.jpg
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    I see several pics with pittie sweaters. I am going to need a new one. Grunts old one is small on him. But I can never find any locally.
    He has one raincoat that is to big and a sweater that is to small lol.
  • Ldavies85
    Ldavies85 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I have a brindle pitt / black lab mix. He's huge, but such a teddy bear, and he thinks he's a lap dog.

My SIL also has 4 pits. We love them. :D
  • AppleADayAmber
    Options
    My 3 nephews are AMAZING pits. I spoiled them as puppies and now they think they are human. They speak too. During thunderstorms my lil sister calls me and tells me that they yell for their grandma when it thunders lol.. sorta like scooby doo lol. I HAVE however been attacked by all three of them, when they see me, they run and jump and lick and kiss me and sometimes BITE ME on accident lol. They are such lovers ;)
  • Newf13
    Newf13 Posts: 28
    Options
    I have a Pit/Lab/Rotti/GSD mutt. Her name is Phoebey. http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/64923_433749255949_4547029_n.jpg
  • AppleADayAmber
    Options
    how do you post pics on here?