"10 Pounds At A Time Challenge"

Options

Replies

• haley4tn
    haley4tn Posts: 130
    Options
    Hello everyone, it's FRIDAY for me at work! Gotta love the holidays for some reason besides food!

We have another hectic weekend planned with family dinners and having to travel to KY again, so I won't be on much again. Still hanging in there doing good. I haven't lost anymore but my body did this last month towards the end. I did hit my goals so I'm good with that and should not complain. I have bumped my calories a little this week, TOM is next week and I could eat the whole freaky pantry right now.

Anyone planning on braving the shoppers on Friday - good luck! I plan on going after work today to try to get some of the easy stuff. My oldest is wanting the ITouch :noway: and Walmart is offering it and a $50 Itune card on Friday - we'll see. The youngest just wants Nerf Guns - the two are totally opposites.

Hope everyone has a WONDERFUL Turkey day - thanks for listening to me babble. :flowerforyou:
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Good morning, everyone!

I'm having a fantastic day and I hope the rest of you are too.

Last night's weigh-in went great because even though no weight was lost (or gained), I've lost another two inches in one week! Crazy!! I also bought some fantastic tasting protein shake powder and combined with a bit of cappuccino powder, it was the perfect morning drink today. My lunch one mixed with strawberries tastes like strawberry cake!

After Biggest Loser, I did Week 4, Day 2 of Couch to 5K and it was easy. My legs could have kept going, but I didn't want to overdo it. Then this morning, there was a slight (0.2 lb.) drop on the scale. I also got six servings of water in yesterday. Now, I just need to make sure I don't overdo the eating tomorrow...at least I'll be having my first holiday dinner with my boyfriend's family and I always eat less around people I don't know as well, so that should work in my favor.

Have a great day!
    Heather
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    Happy Thanksgiving Everyone.... hope everyone has a nice one ...... I weighed this morning ..... LW 189 CW 187 2 pound loss .... 38 total ..... I have been making pies and such ...... and I have more to do ... just came on for a few .... have a good one everyone talk at you later :happy:
  • 33KIKI
    33KIKI Posts: 304
    Options
    Okay I am a bit late but I would love to join in on this process. :heart:

So starting Weight - 259
    Current weight - 214
    January goal weight - 204

Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving and will check back on Sunday.:flowerforyou:
  • haley4tn
    Options
    Happy Thanksgiving! Be strong today and make good choices, remember portion control.

Talk to ya'll in a few days as were going out of town with now internet, :grumble:

Congrats Megan :drinker:

Welcome Chesire143 :flowerforyou:

Angela
  • HeatherMN
    Options
    Hope you're all having a great holiday.

After Thanksgiving dinner, I still have 200 calories left thanks to working out this morning. I completed Week 4, day 3 of Couch to 5K. I only had one plate of food and one small sliver of dessert. Yay!

This morning's weigh in put me at 202.6, which is a 1 lb. loss so I sure hope I didn't mess that up today! I didn't make my goals for Thanksgiving, but I'm still making progress and that's the important part.

Have a good one!
    Heather
  • MindOverMatter
    MindOverMatter Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Hello and Happy Monday!!

I have been gone for about 4 days and as I can so has everyone else...lol! Well I have to report that I got through Thanksgiving and the day after without any over indulgences!! I was proud of myself. but the BIG mistake I did make was on Black Friday, I went to bed at 130 AM and was at the stores by 5AM...I was exhausted and it took me a few days (Saturday and Sunday) to recoup from having had no sleep! Won't be doing that again. I know I through my metabolism out of wack because although I was up and shopping I didn't feel hungry at that time of the morning! I am not pleased but I plan to pick my self up off the ground and fix my eating trends...I completely missed snacks and a meal or 2 over the weekend and when I did it was not much...now I am feeling it this morning. I feel like someone ran over me with a mack truck and this is pretty much how I felt when I weighed 239. So I need to refuel and reboot ASAP. I forced down some food this morning upon rising after I weighed myself and although I didn't gain I didn't loose either. So I am going to be off track for my goal of 206 by 2morrow. I will achieve that goal but it will be delayed. Hopefully I can fully bounce back and get to my January 1st goal of 196...Positive thinking is the key and action. I will not allow myself to feel defeated...hey I am human so there will be times I mess up...I just need to remind myself of that along the way.

How are all of you doing with this?? Share your stories post Thanksgiving!! :smile:
  • HeatherMN
    Options
    Good morning!

I'm proud to say that Thanksgiving was a success for me. No second helpings (I've done third helpings in the past) and lots of walking and hiking over the long holiday weekend. My weight the morning of Thanksgiving and the morning following Thanksgiving were exactly the same. Today's weigh in was even lower than before Thanksgiving!

CW: 202

I'm really looking forward to being under the 200 mark and with hard work, I truly think I can be there by the end of the week. I won't make it for December 1st, but it will be close.

When hiking this weekend, I was able to keep up with the 5 year old when he decided to run uphill AND I wasn't even winded. It felt so awesome. Tonight I will be starting Week 5 of Couch to 5K. Now that I'm seeing progress again, I'm feeling awesome and motivated. My boyfriend even commented on my increased energy! Yay!

Have a great Monday,
    Heather
  • MindOverMatter
    Options
    Good morning!

I'm proud to say that Thanksgiving was a success for me. No second helpings (I've done third helpings in the past) and lots of walking and hiking over the long holiday weekend. My weight the morning of Thanksgiving and the morning following Thanksgiving were exactly the same. Today's weigh in was even lower than before Thanksgiving!

CW: 202

I'm really looking forward to being under the 200 mark and with hard work, I truly think I can be there by the end of the week. I won't make it for December 1st, but it will be close.

When hiking this weekend, I was able to keep up with the 5 year old when he decided to run uphill AND I wasn't even winded. It felt so awesome. Tonight I will be starting Week 5 of Couch to 5K. Now that I'm seeing progress again, I'm feeling awesome and motivated. My boyfriend even commented on my increased energy! Yay!

Have a great Monday,
    Heather

THATS EXCELLENT!!! Keep up the good work!!
  • haley4tn
    Options
    Hello everyone!

I see I wasn't the only one missing from the group this weekend. Anyone trying to "watch" their eating habits around the holiday is insane! At least we have a jump on all the New Years resolution people! I did ok with what I had dealt to me the last four days. Did the holiday shopping thing - got some really good deals, man was I tried. We traveled to several places, so stayed tired most of the time. Glad it's over!

I didn't work out any last week, so I set my Biggest Loser this week to work out ever other day. I worked out last night and scheduled for tonight, Wed, Friday. Which is good because we have somewhere to go Tues and Thurs night for Christmas things Might still have to get the treadmill when I get home from both? Will have to see how bad the food selection is :blushing: .

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.
    Angela
  • haley4tn
    Options
    Made my December goal! :bigsmile:

This next month is going to be a bit hard for me, we have like a billizion places to go for Christmas starting tonight! Just need to make good choices.

Have a wonderful day! :flowerforyou:

Group is kinda of quiet??
  • HeatherMN
    Options
    Good morning!

Last night I completed Week 5, Day 1 of Couch to 5K and stayed within my calories. Woohoo. I got about half of my water servings in, so I'll need to focus on that again this week.

Tonight is Biggest Loser night, so I should be motivated to workout again tonight. I'm thinking one of the Walk Away the Pounds workouts tonight. I'm thinking later this week I might hit a Kickboxing class if it fits into my schedule. I'm missing it!

Hope you all are having a great day,
    Heather
  • 33KIKI
    33KIKI Posts: 304
    Options
    So I am a bit delayed - Thanksgiving was great and I even losed 1 lb perhaps because I didn't over eat although I did have some fruit salad. Yummy! :blushing:

I confess though that I did not make it to the gym since Thursday so I am heading there tonight for Zumba if it kills me.

I am awaiting for my video to arrive in the mail so I can start and tried to do the circuit training they model in The Biggest Loser book - although I've lost weight just doing some of that stuff showed me I have a ways to go..my arms felt like jelly after push up..Ha ha.:laugh:

Current weight :211 :heart:

I also go today for my first fill on my Lap Band so keep your fingers crossed that all goes well.:drinker:

Hope everyone has a good strong week !!:flowerforyou:
  • HeatherMN
    Options
    How do you like Zumba? I've considered trying it but just haven't found the time yet. The Community Ed has "drop-in" classes for $3-$5 for each hour session.
  • MindOverMatter
    Options
    Made my December goal! :bigsmile:

This next month is going to be a bit hard for me, we have like a billizion places to go for Christmas starting tonight! Just need to make good choices.

Have a wonderful day! :flowerforyou:

Group is kinda of quiet??

CONGRATS ON YOUR LOSS!!!!!!!!
    The group is quiet....i think everyone is in holiday mode. LOL! :)
  • MindOverMatter
    Options
    I want to know about Zumba too...I am starting a class this week and I would love to know what to expect!! :)
  • MindOverMatter
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone!!

I watched Biggest Loser this morning and again I was crying:sad: ...that show is so inspirational!! It made me realize that I am not out of control but letting myself hit that wall. i have been hanging around 210 for a couple of weeks now...and I remember that is the weight that I always start feeling good then I loose control...you have to remember I am 5'8, so I look thinner than I really am. Anyway...I have to get under 200 for the New Year, New Year new me!!! I can't loose site of my goal...not for 1 second...my biggest distraction lately has been school and home with all the holiday madness and birthdays....I have not lost site of my goal it just seems like I have hit a road block that I mentally constructed! I am ready to bust through that wall and make my goal of 196 for January 1st!!! ARE YOU ALL WITH ME???? COME ON PEOPLE WE ARE IN THIS TOGETHER....lets not let the holidays stop us now WE CAN DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bigsmile:

Does anyone out there have any road blocks??? What are they and how can I help you...after all that is what this group is about!!!!

XOXO
  • haley4tn
    Options
    I've been having ALOT of roadblocks since Thanksgiving. We have so much family and everyone makes SOOO much food! Every Sat and Sun for this month is booked with something to do with Christmas, we even have a couple things that are during the week :sad:. I don't know how this month is going to be for me. I really want to lose weight this month but the "Outlook doesn't look good" says the 8 Ball :laugh:

All I know to do is try to watch what I put on my plate and LOTS and LOTS for exercise, even if it's at 10 o'clock at night :grumble:

Best of luck to everyone. :drinker:
  • MindOverMatter
    Options
    Where is everyone??? It's like a ghost town in here! :frown:
  • haley4tn
    Options
    Where is everyone??? It's like a ghost town in here! :frown:

:noway: - I think they've been snatched by the Body Snatchers :laugh: