"10 Pounds At A Time Challenge"

Options
1192021222325»

Replies

• Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,500 Member
    Options
    yea, i didn't neither. but i can't change it back if i wanted to. changing the username is allowed once.

that is wonderful what you are doing....it is the time for caring and sharing and not all about "me"....we should have more people in the world like you:flowerforyou:
  • MindOverMatter
    MindOverMatter Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Hello People!

I just wanted to drop in and say hello to everyone, I have no real news to report. I hope everyone is well!

xoxo
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    that is wonderful what you are doing....it is the time for caring and sharing and not all about "me"....we should have more people in the world like you:flowerforyou:

Thank you for the wonderful compliment. I just actually love giving more than I like receiving. Of course, I listed to the St. Jude Radio-A-Thon again this morning and cried during my entire commute. I'm such a sap!!

Anyway, I stayed within my calories again last night, but the only exercising I got was shopping for five hours. I still have more shopping to do, but the stores haven't been very crazy, so it's been a lot of fun this year. Typically I get cranky at the people who are rude.

Last night when I was standing in line for my pretzel, a young man in a wheelchair, who was shopping with his dad, said "hi" to me. Of course, I said "hi" back and asked if he was having fun shopping. He was very limited verbally, so his dad said "he's having fun, even if he doesn't know it yet." The young man smiled at his dad's comment. However, the look of gratitude on the dad's face when I smiled and conversed with them made me sad. It's unreal how often people with disabilities get ignored or treated as if they're stupid just because they are verbally limited or nonverbal. The parent shouldn't have to look relieved when someone is simply treating others how they should be.

Okay, enough of my rant. Hope you're all having a good day.
    Heather
  • MindOverMatter
    MindOverMatter Posts: 168 Member
    Options

Last night when I was standing in line for my pretzel, a young man in a wheelchair, who was shopping with his dad, said "hi" to me. Of course, I said "hi" back and asked if he was having fun shopping. He was very limited verbally, so his dad said "he's having fun, even if he doesn't know it yet." The young man smiled at his dad's comment. However, the look of gratitude on the dad's face when I smiled and conversed with them made me sad. It's unreal how often people with disabilities get ignored or treated as if they're stupid just because they are verbally limited or nonverbal. The parent shouldn't have to look relieved when someone is simply treating others how they should be.

Heather

I agree 100%...this world can be so cold. Alot of people are in such a rush that they never take the time to notice! I am one of those poeple who enjoys stoping and noticing. I am the lady in the store talking to all the kids and complimenting people, when compliments are due. I sometimes get so disgusted when people act so rude or mean or they turn a blind eye to those who are suffering or different. I guess you can call me a sap too...I cry at sad commercials so don't feel bad...lol! That song "I will remember you" gets me everytime no matter WHERE I am.....even on a commercial!
  • haley4tn
    haley4tn Posts: 130
    Options
    Hey everyone - been a few days. I see everyone is still doing good with all this holiday stuff.

I'm still not getting my workouts in. With all the places were going and all the walking I'm doing from shopping I think it's balancing out. I have been worried and didn't want to get on the scale, but I braved it this morning ,,,, I've maintaining my weight, no gain or no loss.

Two more weeks and the going will be over - WOO HOO! Can't wait to get back to normal schedule!

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend! Be strong!
  • Positively_Me
    Options

Heather

I agree 100%...this world can be so cold. Alot of people are in such a rush that they never take the time to notice! I am one of those poeple who enjoys stoping and noticing. I am the lady in the store talking to all the kids and complimenting people, when compliments are due. I sometimes get so disgusted when people act so rude or mean or they turn a blind eye to those who are suffering or different. I guess you can call me a sap too...I cry at sad commercials so don't feel bad...lol! That song "I will remember you" gets me everytime no matter WHERE I am.....even on a commercial!

I agree with you both! I am a sentimental and get criticized about it....why because I care???

Have a great day eveyone!:flowerforyou:
  • csnealey
    csnealey Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Sorry I haven't been online much this week. I have been very, very busy but I have done my exercises everyday except Sunday and yesterday. I will be weighing for the week in the morning and will check in. I sure hope I see some change, lol.

Starting Weight: 250-ish
    MFP Starting Weight: 230
    Current Weight: 215
    January 12 Goal: 205
    February 12 Goal: 195
    March 12 Goal: 185
    April 12 Goal: 175
    May 12 Goal: 165
    June 12 Goal: 155 (my birthday)
    July 12 Goal: 150
    FINAL GOAL: 150
  • HeatherMN
    Options
    Good afternoon!

I'm glad to hear others cry at commercials because I certainly do. There are certain songs I can't listen to because they get me teary-eyed. Today, giving a speech for a coworker who is retiring, I was getting all sappy...in front of ALL of my coworkers, who are mostly men. Ugh. Sometimes I wish I could control the emotions better but other times I think I'd miss out on something by not feeling so much.

Anyway, I went over my calories last night but have been maintaining without any exercise. I cannot wait for the holiday rush to be over so I can get back to normal. I'll be happy if I don't gain over Christmas and just maintain where I'm at, since things have been more hectic than I expected.

Not much new here. I did some shopping last night and will be doing the same tonight and tomorrow afternoon. Woopee. The sad thing is that with all the time spent on shopping, I haven't actually bought much.

Have a great weekend!
    Heather
  • csnealey
    Options
    :drinker: YIP YIP HOORAY!!! I LOST 1.8 POUNDS SINCE LAST THURSDAY AND 1/2 INCH OFF MY WAIST AND HIPS:wink: . I AM SO EXCITED BECAUSE I HAVE TRIED SINCE APRIL (THAT'S ALMOST 7 MONTHS), WHEN MY MOM DIED:cry::sad: , TO GET BACK ON TRACK. I HAD LOST ABOUT 42 POUNDS ALTOGETHER (20 POUNDS BEFORE JOINING MFP) BEFORE MY MOM PAST AWAY AND DURING THE 7 MONTHS SINCE, I ONLY GAINED BACK 7 POUNDS, BUT IT MADE ME FEEL HORRIBLE. I KNOW I CAN DO THIS. I GUESS I JUSTED NEEDED TIME TO GET MYSELF BACK TOGETHER. I DECIDED NOT TO WAIT UNTIL THE FIRST OF THE YEAR TO GET BACK ON TRACK BECAUSE OF THE HOLIDAYS:laugh: . I HOPE EVERYONE IS DOING GREAT. HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND.:drinker: :bigsmile:

Current Weight: 213.2

TOTAL POUNDS LOST SINCE 12/10/09-- 1.8
  • iamladibeast
    iamladibeast Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    csnealey, Sorry to hear about your mom. I'm new to the challenge, so I hope I'm not bringing up bad memories. I think starting is the hardest part, at least for me it was. You will get motivated again, and you will get back on track, how do I know this, you did it before. Hold your head high, and look to the sky you have a guardian angel looking down on you...best of luck and I look forward to reading your continued success..:wink:

:drinker: YIP YIP HOORAY!!! I LOST 1.8 POUNDS SINCE LAST THURSDAY AND 1/2 INCH OFF MY WAIST AND HIPS:wink: . I AM SO EXCITED BECAUSE I HAVE TRIED SINCE APRIL (THAT'S ALMOST 7 MONTHS), WHEN MY MOM DIED:cry::sad: , TO GET BACK ON TRACK. I HAD LOST ABOUT 42 POUNDS ALTOGETHER (20 POUNDS BEFORE JOINING MFP) BEFORE MY MOM PAST AWAY AND DURING THE 7 MONTHS SINCE, I ONLY GAINED BACK 7 POUNDS, BUT IT MADE ME FEEL HORRIBLE. I KNOW I CAN DO THIS. I GUESS I JUSTED NEEDED TIME TO GET MYSELF BACK TOGETHER. I DECIDED NOT TO WAIT UNTIL THE FIRST OF THE YEAR TO GET BACK ON TRACK BECAUSE OF THE HOLIDAYS:laugh: . I HOPE EVERYONE IS DOING GREAT. HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND.:drinker: :bigsmile:

Current Weight: 213.2

TOTAL POUNDS LOST SINCE 12/10/09-- 1.8
  • 33KIKI
    33KIKI Posts: 304
    Options
    iT'S BEEN A BIT- SORRY FOR LACK OF COMUNICATION. I started falling off the wagon because I was plateauing:angry: and getting frustrated :grumble: but yesterday I went window shopping into a store i hadn't been in at least 8 years and guess what? I FIT!! :bigsmile: Okay so it was their largest size but I stood in the dressing room thinking wow..look at that. The tops were no problem either. Ended up not buying anything but felt like I had accomplished something. :blushing:

So now I am more motivated hitting the gym tonight for Zumba and to verify the hours and daycare for the holiday break ..9 pound to go to hit that 200 mark - I had hoped to make it by New Year but that would be pushing it and with Christmas and my birthday I am going to try for January.

Just felt like sharing. I wish you all a very joyous Christmas holiday!! Have fun with friends and family the ones that are here and those who have passed remember they are always with us ...:flowerforyou:
  • Positively_Me
    Options
    iT'S BEEN A BIT- SORRY FOR LACK OF COMUNICATION. I started falling off the wagon because I was plateauing:angry: and getting frustrated :grumble: but yesterday I went window shopping into a store i hadn't been in at least 8 years and guess what? I FIT!! :bigsmile: Okay so it was their largest size but I stood in the dressing room thinking wow..look at that. The tops were no problem either. Ended up not buying anything but felt like I had accomplished something. :blushing:

So now I am more motivated hitting the gym tonight for Zumba and to verify the hours and daycare for the holiday break ..9 pound to go to hit that 200 mark - I had hoped to make it by New Year but that would be pushing it and with Christmas and my birthday I am going to try for January.

Just felt like sharing. I wish you all a very joyous Christmas holiday!! Have fun with friends and family the ones that are here and those who have passed remember they are always with us ...:flowerforyou:

Way to go girl!! I know you can get close to 200 by New Years...hopefully the "plateau effect" is over...i heard that if you change up your exercise routine or going over your calories for a day or two will help break the wall of the Plateau.

Good luck girl!
  • Positively_Me
    Options
    checking to see how everyone is doing during this time of year...
  • 33KIKI
    33KIKI Posts: 304
    Options
    Thanks I will try that tonight at the gym plus i have this Biggest Loser Yoga video I thought I would try over the 24-25th since the gym is closed.
    :drinker:
  • iamladibeast
    Options
    I'm soooooooo excited, in the short time that I have recommitted myself all have been well. so far losing steadly each week...:bigsmile: I usually do 20-30 min on the elliptical, jillian michael 30 day shred, and depending on how I feel I will walk for about 20-30 minutes at night on my treadmill...I feel sooo energised...YES
  • csnealey
    Options
    I'm soooooooo excited, in the short time that I have recommitted myself all have been well. so far losing steadly each week...:bigsmile: I usually do 20-30 min on the elliptical, jillian michael 30 day shred, and depending on how I feel I will walk for about 20-30 minutes at night on my treadmill...I feel sooo energised...YES

Way to go!:flowerforyou: Keep up the good work.

Just checking in to see how everyone is doing. I'm doing good now. I had a cold since Friday night, but I kept on exercising except for yesterday. I am feeling alot better now, thank God.

Wishing all of you a very Merry Christmas!!:flowerforyou: :bigsmile:
  • HeatherMN
    Options
    Sorry I've been MIA lately! There have been snacks everywhere and I haven't been exercising, but I'm holding steady with the weight. After tomorrow, I can focus on getting back on track. I haven't been logging my calories so I have no idea just how naughty I've been. On January 4th, I am joining a Biggest Loser competition at the place where I buy my protein powder, so hopefully that will be enough motivation to work REALLY hard!!

Hope you all have a wonderful Christmas!!

Heather
  • iamladibeast
    Options
    Merry Christmas everyone...did the 30min on the elliptical this morning...it felt great. though I won't be tracking everything I eat for the next few day, I will be working out, since I am an exercise addict..

Hoping everyone has a safe and happy holiday...
  • csnealey
    Options
    hey where is everyone at. I was just checking in. I only gained .8 pounds through Christmas. Hope everyone is doing well.