Everyone do me a favor...

Options
Fruch02
Fruch02 Posts: 104 Member
stop posting on these forums asking for some motivation. Listen, your either motivated, or not. If your not going to put in the work then expect to maintain what you currently have. There is no secret pill, workout, training plan, etc. You put in the work you will see results.

Why does suddenly everyone need motivation? Its a very simple thing. Either you want to do something, or you don't. What's the mystery? Besides, if your motivated enough to join this site and ask for motivation aren't you motivated enough to put in the work?

WITHOUT LABOR, NOTHING PROSPERS!

STOP TALKING ABOUT, BE ABOUT IT!

Replies

• cjsmommy7
    cjsmommy7 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Motivation is what gets people moving,when your working at the gym are you not motivated by those around you do you not try to be faster stronger in order to compete.Just because people look to other peoples sucesses for motivation does not mean they are not trying. Everyone on this site is here to better thereselves in one way or another,the more people that share the further we push each other.
  • carolebville
    carolebville Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Motivation was like a light switch for me. It was my decision to get up off my *kitten* and turn on the switch. I, sort of, agree with you; but some may need the warm & fuzzy assistance from others. That's not a bad thing, it is a human thing. :blushing:
  • Fruch02
    Options
    Everyone on this site is here to better thereselves in one way or another,the more people that share the further we push each other.

Exactly, here to better themselves. So why do you need motivation? You are clearly here to better your life. Hence, your motivated.
  • alasin1derland
    alasin1derland Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    STOP TALKING ABOUT, BE ABOUT IT! That's a great quote. Thanks for the extra motivation............ See how it works. :-)
  • cjsmommy7
    cjsmommy7 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Everyone on this site is here to better thereselves in one way or another,the more people that share the further we push each other.

Exactly, here to better themselves. So why do you need motivation? You are clearly here to better your life. Hence, your motivated.
    well i like to use my motivators like they were other competitors so the more motivation the more competitive i get,the harder i try to smash a time,a weight etc
  • AJ_Pete
    AJ_Pete Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Meh. To each their own. I think the support is what makes this website more of a community than just a regular ol' tracking site. I'm not one for reaching out, but I'm glad people can get support if they need it. Besides, what does it harm you any if people reach out/ give motivation? If you don't like it, stay off the 'motivation boards'. Problem solved.
  • mluanne33
    mluanne33 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Wow...talk about a Mr Grumpy....did someone get up on the wrong side on the bed this morning ??????
  • ChristineS_51
    ChristineS_51 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I agree that self motivation is the only way to get started. I guess joining is a sign of wanting to do something - altho' I joined about 8 months before I had my "THAT"S IT" moment and then I just did it!

We all come at this in different ways, and with different end goals, maybe for some people it's to feel they are not alone, or they just want to be reminded that this is worthwhile?
  • jplord
    jplord Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Any parent can tell you there are times when you "motivate" your children to do something (go to a relatives for dinner, clean their room, go to a museum, whatever) by various techniques. The child knows the museum, the broccoli, the room-cleaning, the whatever is a good thing to do but they lack the DISCIPLINE to motivate themselves - at first. So parents provide motivation; external motivation, until the child learns to motivate himself or herself.

Some of us at MFP are children, emotionally, about our diet and exercise. So we look to our peers to be friends, authority figures, work-out buddies, what ever you want to call it. It works for us. Good for you if you don't need this, but I do. You don't need external motivation and you don't like reading about it? Please move on to another thread. I will not let your rant against external motivation stop me from seeking it.

Either way, the only thing that matters is our personal health and well-being, and I am stoked for you that you are doing so well on your own. Keep it up! :happy:
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    You've been here two whole days and you're throwing out edicts to everyone on how they should act?
    Do you have a job? Does your paycheck motivate you to show up every day? Do you want to get fit for just yourself, or do you have people in your life that you want to be healthy for? That is motivation as well.

Chaps my *kitten* when people try to tell others how to do things.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I don't like being told what to do.
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    Glad you are perfect.
  • Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Hey OP.........what motivated you to post this really random post?
  • Fruch02
    Options
    Everyones response: " I don't like to be told what to do?" So then why ask for motivation/support.....aren't people telling you what to do? Ya know... "Keep going" "Keep it up".... I'm saying you are all motivated because your using this site right? So why ask for it? Just be about it.
  • fjplourde
    fjplourde Posts: 1
    Options
    I think people confuse motivation with inspiration. I think they want some inspiration to get motivated. You, and only you, can motivate yourself to get moving!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I understand where you're coming from but a little encouragement never hurt anybody.
  • Fruch02
    Options
    I think people confuse motivation with inspiration. I think they want some inspiration to get motivated. You, and only you, can motivate yourself to get moving!

amen
  • hippy2skippy
    hippy2skippy Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    well i like to use my motivators like they were other competitors so the more motivation the more competitive i get,the harder i try to smash a time,a weight etc

Me too ;)
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    I think somebody doesn't understand the concept of motivation.

There are several of the people on my list of friends that I aspire to copy even half of their achievements. That is called "motivation"; wanting to train and do things to because you're inspired by somebody else.

By the way; don't tell me what to do. I don't follow orders. :angry: :tongue:
  • Irish_eyes75
    Irish_eyes75 Posts: 475
    Options
    This was SOO motivating! I was sitting here reading the threads and now I want to throw the computer out the window and run like Forest Gump! Run! Forest Run!
    Thanks so so much. I'm so glad you're on MFP...please don't ever leave. EVER