Everyone do me a favor...

Options

Replies

• rheilala
    rheilala Posts: 32
    Options
    stop posting on these forums asking for some motivation. Listen, your either motivated, or not. If your not going to put in the work then expect to maintain what you currently have. There is no secret pill, workout, training plan, etc. You put in the work you will see results.

Why does suddenly everyone need motivation? Its a very simple thing. Either you want to do something, or you don't. What's the mystery? Besides, if your motivated enough to join this site and ask for motivation aren't you motivated enough to put in the work?

WITHOUT LABOR, NOTHING PROSPERS!

STOP TALKING ABOUT, BE ABOUT IT!
    Why would you post this, except to motivate us?

because you are all motivated....you wouldn't be here if you weren't. So why ask; " Hey, I need some motivation!" It's redundant.

Let me ask you this, military boy (who should be in "perfect shape and fit")...why are YOU on this site? By reading your profile...it seems like you are on here for motivation as well. So how about you do all of these people a favor and...shut the hell up?
  • LeellenMack
    LeellenMack Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    See everyone needs inspiration.....Not motivation..... Without inspiration, motivation loses some of its "mojo." I'm sure you've experienced this. In my lifetime, I've been motivated to do many things, as I'm sure you have as well. When I was about 10 years old or so, I started playing sports. I was motivated to practice, but only because I was inspired by the thought of what that practice could bring me. On a rather mundane level, I'm motivated to take out the garbage on a regular basis, because I'm inspired to keep my house clean. Motivation is within. No one can motivate you to do something. You must do it on your own.

People can gain inspiration by everyones gains on here, but don't ask for motivation. Only you can motivate. Be inspired by others on here.

SOMEONE PLEASE ARGUE THAT I'M WRONG? I WANT TO KNOW EXACTLY HOW I AM WRONG? MOTIVATION AND INSPIRATION ARE COMPLETELY DIFFERENT. PROVE ME WRONG AND I WILL BE DONE WITH THIS.

motivation [ˌməʊtɪˈveɪʃən]
    n
    1. the act or an instance of motivating
    2. desire to do; interest or drive
    3. incentive or inducement

Please pay special attention to #1: So someone looking for an instance of motivating is looking for? Yes Motivation
    and #3: So someone looking for incentive or inducement is also looking for? Yes Motivation.
  • CurlyGurlie88
    Options
    For me, I had to just get fed up with my weight, that's what motivated me. But I agree, you have to want to do the work, it's easy to say I do I do I do want to do the work! But it takes action not words.... start something new each day. For me it was going from drinking soda to water. Water with lemon is awesome btw! You're gonna mess up, but you gotta keep going even through the bad!
  • trinitylyons01
    trinitylyons01 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    People can gain inspiration by everyones gains on here, but don't ask for motivation. Only you can motivate. Be inspired by others on here.

"The definition of Motivation: the act or an instance of motivating, or providing with a reason to act in a certain way. Synonyms: motive, INSPIRATION, inducement, cause, impetus."

"The definition of Inspiration: an inspiring or animating action or influence; a thing or person that inspires. Synonyms
    encouragement, illumination, stimulation, creativity, enthusiasm, exaltation, MOTIVATION."

Now, let me break this down for you sir, since you don't appear to see the connection. Motivation and Inspiration are SYNONYMS! In case you're still not getting it THEY MEAN THE SAME THING! Therefore, if you're here for inspiration you're probably here for motivation also.

Therefore and respectfully I suggest that maybe this wasn't the best topic for you to post.

And once again, if you don't want to be motivated or to motivate then leave people alone and they will leave you alone. Please don't, however, tell people what they should/should not be doing on this site. Do you! Stop worrying about other people. If the requests for motivation on this site annoys you that much go elsewhere. Believe me, we don't mind! To each his own!

(Feel free to check it out yourself at www.dictionary.com!)
  • kimmie185
    kimmie185 Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    See everyone needs inspiration.....Not motivation..... Without inspiration, motivation loses some of its "mojo." I'm sure you've experienced this. In my lifetime, I've been motivated to do many things, as I'm sure you have as well. When I was about 10 years old or so, I started playing sports. I was motivated to practice, but only because I was inspired by the thought of what that practice could bring me. On a rather mundane level, I'm motivated to take out the garbage on a regular basis, because I'm inspired to keep my house clean. Motivation is within. No one can motivate you to do something. You must do it on your own.

SOMEONE PLEASE ARGUE THAT I'M WRONG? I WANT TO KNOW EXACTLY HOW I AM WRONG? MOTIVATION AND INSPIRATION ARE COMPLETELY DIFFERENT. PROVE ME WRONG AND I WILL BE DONE WITH THIS.

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!!!

mo·ti·va·tion   [moh-tuh-vey-shuhn]
    noun
    the act or an instance of motivating, or providing with a reason to act in a certain way: I don't understand what her motivation was for quitting her job. Synonyms: motive, inspiration, inducement, cause, impetus.
    the state or condition of being motivated: We know that these students have strong motivation to learn.
    something that motivates; inducement; incentive: Clearly, the company's long-term motivation is profit.

in·spi·ra·tion   [in-spuh-rey-shuhn] Show IPA
    noun
    an inspiring or animating action or influence: I cannot write poetry without inspiration.
    something inspired, as an idea.
    a result of inspired activity.
    a thing or person that inspires.

SO.....
    According to the dictionary Inspiration and Motivation basically have the same meaning.

Now would be a good time to admit defeat. :drinker: CHEERS!
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    This is day 110 for me to log in. I am not always motivated. I often get depressed and fall back on binging because thats been my coping for so long. I look around this site and look for successful people and yes I've asked them to help me with motivation. It's hard to stay motivated every day, every meal, and every minute when you are feeling low. I don't think there's anything wrong with people asking for some help and support with motivation. IMHO
  • jheilala63
    jheilala63 Posts: 94
    Options
    What the "Fruch" is happening? Can't we all just get along? :)
  • supahstar71
    supahstar71 Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    I need motivation in order to do you any favors...so...
  • Fruch02
    Fruch02 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    as promised shutting up. I still don't believe people should be asking for MOTIVATION on here. Be inspired by everyones gains and motivate yourself.

Later.
  • Jezebel9
    Jezebel9 Posts: 396 Member
    Options

ok I am about to prove you wrong. I am doing this to help you, so you can move along.

You are wrong because you are nit picking about the meanings of words.
    People are in a life or death struggle here to recover health and life.
    When someone comes to the ER saying they are having a heart attack, those who are helping to save that person's life rarely respond with, "I am sorry sir, I cannot help you until you phrase it correctly- it's my-o-card-i-al in-farc-tion."
    Why quibble over words? We are not in a proper use of english class.
    When my son falls and is hurt, I don't make him use the correct terms in asking for nurturing, because I am not an *kitten*.
    People are often so lost, they don't know how to feed their motivation, don't know how to spark it. It could be a picture or a story or video...
    So... you are wrong because your heart is closed. I don't like saying you are 'wrong' exactly, I would say you are just injured or weak hearted... so as not to condemn you so harshly.
    Open your heart. If you have no support to give, then move on and take care of yourself more fully.
    Real health is of the mind, body and spirit, in my opinion, and you might consider some exercises in love- for yourself first and then others. Then, when you are healthy and strong and someone asks for help using the wrong terminology, you will not get stuck on it; you will be able to respond like a hero.

Peace~
  • kimmie185
    Options
    This is day 110 for me to log in. I am not always motivated. I often get depressed and fall back on binging because thats been my coping for so long. I look around this site and look for successful people and yes I've asked them to help me with motivation. It's hard to stay motivated every day, every meal, and every minute when you are feeling low. I don't think there's anything wrong with people asking for some help and support with motivation. IMHO

Congrats to you for 110 days of logging :D WTG!
  • kimmie185
    Options
    as promised shutting up. I still don't believe people should be asking for MOTIVATION on here. Be inspired by everyones gains and motivate yourself.

Later.

I was trying to be nice, but now I think you're just rude and ignorant. :angry:
    If you have such a hard time with people asking for MOTIVATION/INSPIRATION (they are basically the same thing which was proven to you through actual definitions), then you need to delete your account and move on and let the rest of us kick *kitten* on our weight loss journeys.

-Toodles!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    *looks at post telling everyone what to do*
    *looks at join date of poster. notes it was 2 days ago*
    *shakes head and leaves*
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options

I agree 100%

It is a huge pet peeve when people ask for motivation. How in the world can I motivate anyone else? You gotta wanna, ya know? It's different for everyone.
  • joannbrunton
    joannbrunton Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Any parent can tell you there are times when you "motivate" your children to do something (go to a relatives for dinner, clean their room, go to a museum, whatever) by various techniques. The child knows the museum, the broccoli, the room-cleaning, the whatever is a good thing to do but they lack the DISCIPLINE to motivate themselves - at first. So parents provide motivation; external motivation, until the child learns to motivate himself or herself.

Some of us at MFP are children, emotionally, about our diet and exercise. So we look to our peers to be friends, authority figures, work-out buddies, what ever you want to call it. It works for us. Good for you if you don't need this, but I do. You don't need external motivation and you don't like reading about it? Please move on to another thread. I will not let your rant against external motivation stop me from seeking it.

Either way, the only thing that matters is our personal health and well-being, and I am stoked for you that you are doing so well on your own. Keep it up! :happy:
    [/quote

well said....ditto,,,,ditto
  • Savemyshannon
    Savemyshannon Posts: 334 Member
    Options

Later.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
  • MissAmy1982
    Options
    Its not about being motivated by others. It is getting support from others. There is a huge difference.
  • BriManAla
    BriManAla Posts: 1
    Options
    You're using your words wrong. :flowerforyou:
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    why should we do you a favor-do it yourself!
  • Cella30
    Cella30 Posts: 539 Member
    Options

Later.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

bahaha! I love you.