• Hairista
    Hairista Posts: 86
    Options

1318806181479.jpg
    :laugh:
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    NormalSaneFLGuy Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    See everyone needs inspiration.....Not motivation..... Without inspiration, motivation loses some of its "mojo." I'm sure you've experienced this. In my lifetime, I've been motivated to do many things, as I'm sure you have as well. When I was about 10 years old or so, I started playing sports. I was motivated to practice, but only because I was inspired by the thought of what that practice could bring me. On a rather mundane level, I'm motivated to take out the garbage on a regular basis, because I'm inspired to keep my house clean. Motivation is within. No one can motivate you to do something. You must do it on your own.

People can gain inspiration by everyones gains on here, but don't ask for motivation. Only you can motivate. Be inspired by others on here.

SOMEONE PLEASE ARGUE THAT I'M WRONG? I WANT TO KNOW EXACTLY HOW I AM WRONG? MOTIVATION AND INSPIRATION ARE COMPLETELY DIFFERENT. PROVE ME WRONG AND I WILL BE DONE WITH THIS.

Thanks bra. No one has ever inspired my bowels the way that you do.
  • MissAmy1982
    Options
    *looks at post telling everyone what to do*
    *looks at join date of poster. notes it was 2 days ago*
    *shakes head and leaves*

Looking at this made me laugh. Great post. =)
  • poshcouture
    poshcouture Posts: 610
    Options
    stop posting on these forums asking for some motivation. Listen, your either motivated, or not. If your not going to put in the work then expect to maintain what you currently have. There is no secret pill, workout, training plan, etc. You put in the work you will see results.

Why does suddenly everyone need motivation? Its a very simple thing. Either you want to do something, or you don't. What's the mystery? Besides, if your motivated enough to join this site and ask for motivation aren't you motivated enough to put in the work?

WITHOUT LABOR, NOTHING PROSPERS!

STOP TALKING ABOUT, BE ABOUT IT!

In the words of Bugs Bunny, "What a ma-roon!"
  • rheilala
    rheilala Posts: 32
    Options
    as promised shutting up. I still don't believe people should be asking for MOTIVATION on here. Be inspired by everyones gains and motivate yourself.

Later.

Take my advice, shut the **** up.
  • Jackie9950
    Jackie9950 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Any parent can tell you there are times when you "motivate" your children to do something (go to a relatives for dinner, clean their room, go to a museum, whatever) by various techniques. The child knows the museum, the broccoli, the room-cleaning, the whatever is a good thing to do but they lack the DISCIPLINE to motivate themselves - at first. So parents provide motivation; external motivation, until the child learns to motivate himself or herself.

Some of us at MFP are children, emotionally, about our diet and exercise. So we look to our peers to be friends, authority figures, work-out buddies, what ever you want to call it. It works for us. Good for you if you don't need this, but I do. You don't need external motivation and you don't like reading about it? Please move on to another thread. I will not let your rant against external motivation stop me from seeking it.

Either way, the only thing that matters is our personal health and well-being, and I am stoked for you that you are doing so well on your own. Keep it up! :happy:

this
  • Bijoux_Bug
    Bijoux_Bug Posts: 36
    Options
    Self motivation is good but maybe sometimes not enough. Some people like hearing a "good job!" or a "keep up the good work!" at the end of the day. They like to know their hard work of losing weight is being recognized and appreciated. As long as the person isn't constantly phishing for compliments, there's nothing wrong with motivating others.
    Don't be such a grumpy butt.
  • kann09
    kann09 Posts: 12
    Options
    Why do you care??? If you dont like it find another site
  • Jackie9950
    Jackie9950 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Some would argue that the inspiration comes from within and is the predecessor to motivation- that you have an idea (you are inspired , the internal ) Then motivation is a reward based situation. You want your house to be clean so you take out the trash. That is a motivation you are not inspired to take out the trash. Motivation turns ideas into actions.

Exactly!
  • blair_bear
    blair_bear Posts: 165
    Options
    ATTENTION EVERYONE: please be advised that you may continue to pursue your journey to fitness however the Fcck you would like.
    Thanks, I'll be doing just that...
  • stacgiggles
    stacgiggles Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Just want to let you know this post gave me motivation to do the stair master for 17 mins instead of 12.
    Thank you , w/ out this i would of not been able to do it!
    :)
  • AmberRiche4
    AmberRiche4 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    well said :smile:
  • chameleon77
    chameleon77 Posts: 124
    Options
    stop posting on these forums asking for some motivation. Listen, your either motivated, or not. If your not going to put in the work then expect to maintain what you currently have. There is no secret pill, workout, training plan, etc. You put in the work you will see results.

Why does suddenly everyone need motivation? Its a very simple thing. Either you want to do something, or you don't. What's the mystery? Besides, if your motivated enough to join this site and ask for motivation aren't you motivated enough to put in the work?

WITHOUT LABOR, NOTHING PROSPERS!

STOP TALKING ABOUT, BE ABOUT IT!

Then what are you doing on this site?
  • chameleon77
    chameleon77 Posts: 124
    Options
    Hey OP.........what motivated you to post this really fcuking random post?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • naivenitara
    Options
    You've indirectly motivated me with your post. ;)
  • marie_cressman
    marie_cressman Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    I think people confuse motivation with inspiration. I think they want some inspiration to get motivated. You, and only you, can motivate yourself to get moving!

^^this.

:)
  • sisierra
    sisierra Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    *sigh*

I'm sure you use your two quotes as extra motivation, so what is so wrong with people trying to find extra motivation through friends that are going through the same trial and tribulations as they? There is no such thing as too much motivation, so stop hatin' on people trying to get some extra mojo juice. sheesh.
  • slappymcgee
    Options
    what's wrong with asking for motivation? these message boards and this site are all about social community support. if you dont want motivation, then I guess don't ask for any friends either. If you can do this all on your own, go for it.

in my opinion, social motivation keeps people going, makes the accountable and have more success in reaching their goals.

If you don't like what you see, you can just not look. It's like watching TV. If you don't like it change the channel or turn it off.

I for one enjoy the support and motivation.
  • marie_cressman
    marie_cressman Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    Some would argue that the inspiration comes from within and is the predecessor to motivation- that you have an idea (you are inspired , the internal ) Then motivation is a reward based situation. You want your house to be clean so you take out the trash. That is a motivation you are not inspired to take out the trash. Motivation turns ideas into actions.

wait... and this. LOL so confusing.... haha ;)

How about we all agree that we need to do this for ourselves and not anyone else, but seek support from people with similar goals? Can we call it good now?
  • jboccio90
    jboccio90 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    are you in cahoots with the "dont beg for friends" guy?

I am trying to figure out how to bring cats into this thread as well :huh: