Girls with large frames progress pics please ?

Options

Replies

• fashionista954
    fashionista954 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I have a large frame also and i'm impressed with all of your results. Hope to share mine real soon :smile:
  • erinxo13
    erinxo13 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    bump :D
  • sarahcsmaller
    sarahcsmaller Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    WOW so inspiring seeing all these wonderful accomplishments!!! Im 5'9 and big boned i weigh 248 and want to lose 48 lbs by the new year. im always the tallest in our family photos but now i know i don't have to be the widest!! :). I could use friends and encouragement so feel free to add me...
  • erinxo13
    Options
    bump!
  • Kelleybelley69
    Kelleybelley69 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    What a great bunch of women in this thread, hope to feel brave enough to post my pics soon, just need a bit of progress then maybe.....
  • jinjin8
    jinjin8 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Love this thread!

You're all doing so awesomely well!

I'm 5'8.5 and a large frame (broad shoulders, large ribcage, wide hipbones etc) - posted about my progress in post titled "60 pounds down and counting..."
  • gaiareeves
    gaiareeves Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    What is considered a large frame?
    Well, it's not an exact science, but here's a quick way to find out...

Wrap your thumb and longest finger (generally your middle finger) on one hand around your other wrist. Be sure to wrap around the smallest part of the wrist....
    - If your thumb and finger overlap, then you are small-framed.
    - If they touch, then you are medium-framed.
    - If they don't touch (have a gap), then you are large-framed.

{There's a good 1/2 inch gap between my fingers when I do this "wrist wrapping" test. I'm definitely large framed! I'm slightly over 5'8" and my wrist measurement is 6.55 - yup, large frame.}

Here's a site on more accurately determining body frame size - wrist measurement vs. your height:
    http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/imagepages/17182.htm

**EDITED TO ADD: Oops, postrockandca beat me to the nlm.hih.gov site. It's a good'un! **

Btw- postrockandca, I totally hear you about the BMI. Even my doctor and nutritionist feel this way about it, and no longer use it because it doesn't take body frame into consideration. Totally outdated!
    The finger thing doesn't always work:

At 5'3.5" my wrist is 6", putting me somewhere on the small/medium-framed border.
    However, I also have 'baby hands', meaning despite my relatively small frame, my fingers are also small and therefore don't touch when I wrap them around my wrist.
  • tdp2012
    tdp2012 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    When i started last Sept., I was around 356. I am down to 280 right now still a work in progress. Here is some progress pics

syse8y.jpg
    Girl! You look amazing!

Thank you =)
  • sdkirby
    Options
    You look awesome. What a difference 39 lbs. makes! :smile:
  • bookyeti
    bookyeti Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    The finger thing doesn't always work:

At 5'3.5" my wrist is 6", putting me somewhere on the small/medium-framed border.
    However, I also have 'baby hands', meaning despite my relatively small frame, my fingers are also small and therefore don't touch when I wrap them around my wrist.

As mentioned, it is not always accurate.

...which is why it's best to go by wrist measurement vs. height:
    http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/imagepages/17182.htm
  • aself3
    aself3 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi all im new to the message boards so lets see if this works. I just did the wrist measurment and i guess im a large frame (have about 1/2-1 inch gap).
    my before pic i weigh about 275

bg5kt0.jpg

148fddd.jpg

and now just a week ago at 197

2uy5fr9.jpg

2nsnywh.jpg

ftjwg1.jpg

Girl you look fantastic!! I am back to the gym and can already tell a difference will be posting pics soon I hope ^_^
    Everyone keep it up... bump!!

thanks so much its wonderful hearing positive feedback :) been in a slump for a couple months and am gonna kick it in gear again!
  • KMRose1788
    KMRose1788 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Everyone looks fantastic! What inspiration! I am 5'6 and weigh 194, my goal is to be 165 by March 1 so I can pick out any style of wedding dress for a late August wedding. What an inspirational group of women! Feel free to add me :)
  • erinxo13
    Options
    bump!
  • Brunchstress
    Options
    I LOVE that it's not about weight here... just that you LOOK and probably feel amazingly fit and healthy. Beautiful job!
    I'm 5'9", broad shoulders, big hips.

FrontProgress-1.jpg
  • Redheadllena
    Redheadllena Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Bump..will post later! I'm 5'9"
  • dalgirly
    dalgirly Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I feel like I have a larger frame, as my shoulders are broad and my hips are wider. Even thin, I still have an athletic and curvy shape. This is me several years ago at about 240. I started MFP (no official before pix though) at 233.

15955374_1575.jpg

This was me a few weeks ago at 197.

15955374_165.jpg

My goal weight is 175 and I should be in size 10/12. I'm in 14s now, so some might say that I "carry my weight well." I don't know! I will still be technically overweight.

I know what you mean... I am a size 12 right now, and that is me weighing about 185lbs.

I would love to be 165lbs ish.... but that would probably put me at a size 8 maybe even less. i seem to carry my weight well as well.
  • YasJas2011
    YasJas2011 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies! I have been at this since June 20th and I just hit my 90 day mark a couple of days ago. I wanted to show my progress with you all because I really love seeing progress pictures. They really help to keep me motivated. I still have over 100lbs to lose. I have a large frame standing at 6'0 tall!

6geeex.jpg

90 days ago, I couldn't even close my legs.
    swwbxi.jpg
  • HopetoFaith
    Options
    well done girl. looking great :)
  • marthadztx
    marthadztx Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Amazing progress everyone! Congrats!
  • bethcates35
    Options
    I have been losing for 5 months now. I started at 247 size 24 jeans and 3x shirt. I am now 188 size 12 jeans and a LARGE shirt. As soon as I figure out how to post pix I will. BTW I have lost all my weight by eating correctly and working out daily no meds, no surgery, and no special shakes
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!