Putting your KID on a leash

Options

Replies

• Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    you're missing the big picture.

Funny because I think the samething about you and the pro-leashers

you are misunderstanding me. I'm not pro-leash. I don't use them and never intend to. But I don't judge other people for doing so. That's their business, not mine.
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    Leashed up outside. I put a bowl of water out for them :/
    There are a lot of parents stuck to their computer screens this afternoon. This topic has been going on a while. Where are your children on a nice Saturday afternoon?

Good Mommy!!
  • funkyspunky872
    funkyspunky872 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    I wonder if any of the "perfect" parents have ever used a playpen or a stair gate, or how about a safety plug? Pretty much the same idea as a harness which for the record is the only one of those things I have ever used.

I say do away with cribs. Cages are for animals, not babies.

Oh God, this is the most ridiculous thing I think I've ever read on MFP. I hope you never have children.
  • puffidredz
    puffidredz Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of parents stuck to their computer screens this afternoon. This topic has been going on a while. Where are your children on a nice Saturday afternoon?

Smoking-Baby-Stops-Smoking-Cigarettes.jpg
  • beccyleigh
    beccyleigh Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    I used a bit of live electrical wire in case I want him, I can just give a good tug & he'll come flying. Might get a few shocks but hey.
  • AwesomePossum82
    Options
    Thx :). Lol
    Leashed up outside. I put a bowl of water out for them :/

Good Mommy!!
  • beachlover317
    Options

OMG!! Perfect! Now that's healthy parenting! You should be sooooo proud! And look! He's not on a leash!
  • angijunbug
    angijunbug Posts: 205
    Options
    [/quote]
    You need to get off of your high horse.
    I don't have the need for them now, but I did that once and I'm certainly not going to judge anybody else who finds it works for their family.
    [/quote]

Amen!
  • beccyleigh
    Options

Mine hasn't started yet, I told him to wait till he was at least 11.
  • glovepuppet
    glovepuppet Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    rocking back & forth in the corner of the room, trying to cope with the terrible trauma of their early childhoods.
  • TyRoseHolmes
    Options
    Wow... never used a carseat? That's just unsafe IMO! My daughter will be 8 and she still sits in a high backbooster. I can't imagine a two year old never using a carseat... unless they were never in a car!
  • KimmyEB
    KimmyEB Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Didn't read all the replies, but apparently there is a lot of hate for cute little backpack buddies. How about we kick our horsies down a notch, mmkay?

I've personally witnessed 2 scenarios where a child would have been injured, at the very least, unless they had the cute little backpack "leash" on them. They weren't complaining, and it helped save them from injury. I don't see how that, in any way, is a bad thing. Personally I can't stand seeing parents yank on their children's arms and literally drag them behind them like they're a rolling suitcase, but they're not my kids.

We have a similar debate in the debate forum, here. And a very good point was raised by one of our members, when someone said something like "why can't you just hold their hand instead?!" Think about it back to when YOU were kids. Did you like holding your mom or dad or siblings hand? I know I didn't. What if you got twins or triplets + other kids? Can't possibly hold all of their hands, and trusting them to hold each other's hands? Yeah right. Not to mention, their arms get tired from being held up like that. Some kids may not mind, just like some kids like their cute little toy leashes.
  • beachlover317
    Options
    rocking back & forth in the corner of the room, trying to cope with the terrible trauma of their early childhoods.

Well, that can all be resolved. Go over, take off their leash, give them a look, shout your demands and then you'll be able to come back and sit on the computer some more!!
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    I wonder if any of the "perfect" parents have ever used a playpen or a stair gate, or how about a safety plug? Pretty much the same idea as a harness which for the record is the only one of those things I have ever used.

I say do away with cribs. Cages are for animals, not babies.

Oh God, this is the most ridiculous thing I think I've ever read on MFP. I hope you never have children.

and sarcasm goes over another one
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options

Making mommy a blood mary. They're good boys.
  • shammxo
    shammxo Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    In most cases I'm all for child "leashes". While I don't have my own kids...
    I'm a nanny and have walked with the kids to the park and ended up having to hang on to the back of the youngest one's shirt. He wouldn't stay with me and I didn't want him to get hit by a car.
  • beccyleigh
    Options
    99% of things posted on the internet is made up. This statistic is bought to you by www.Icanmakeupany****Iwant.com :wink:
  • glovepuppet
    glovepuppet Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    Wow... never used a carseat? That's just unsafe IMO! My daughter will be 8 and she still sits in a high backbooster. I can't imagine a two year old never using a carseat... unless they were never in a car!
    here it's illegal to put the kid in a car without one.

kids get used to being tied up from birth! lol
  • cait0902
    cait0902 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    WHY must everyone in here be soooo offended because they are being judged?? Why does it seem to surprise you that people judge other people?? HELLO!!! People judge people all day every day. If you say that you don't judge others, you're lying, or live in a hole. If you don't want to be judged by how you parent, the choices you make, what you look like, etc. then stay at home. Is it nice to judge? Maybe not. Are some people completely wrong about others when they judge, absolutely. HOWEVER, there are seem to be a lot of people getting offended that someone has a different opinion than you. That's not being judgmental, that's having a brain.

Are you judging the way I react to being judged?

Yes. I disagree with, have a different opinion, and judge others. So do you...
  • llsand
    llsand Posts: 87
    Options
    My little boy runs for it. For now, he's mostly in his stroller ( he's 17 months ) but sometimes we go out with him and hold his hand. He's very proud and happy but i notice that he does everything to let go. He's just one of those kids that doesn't like you to help ( when he was learning to walk he refused we help ). I am going to do EVERYTHING to never use a leash, but, between a dead child and a live one the choice is easely done and if i'm forced too, i'm going to be embarassed out of my mind but, i'll do it.