30 Day Shred - Started TODAY 7/28/12

Options

Replies

• fajeeta
    fajeeta Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    So I've got her ripped in 30 dvd that i've been doing. I'm on week 2. Anyone know how the two programs compare? Week one...eh. No big deal. Week two is whipping my butt. (Not actually. It's the ragafraggin plank work is killing my upper body and core!!!!!!!!!)
  • fajeeta
    fajeeta Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    ACK!! NVM! Found other Ripped in 30 ers. lol. Good luck all. here's to ripping and shredding our way through Aug and hitting Sept all buff and beautiful :D
  • Ramoth48
    Ramoth48 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    l nearly didn't do day 5 tonight but l pushed through it, and l am sooo sore!!!l am definately sticking to doing this in the morning, evenings are too hard after a hard day at work.Looking forward to a lie in and then getting to this in the morning.
  • ahmommy
    ahmommy Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Day 6 level 1 done! Decided not to take a break after all. DH was calling me a wimp, lol. I guess his motivation worked. Getting nervous about getting closer to level 2, but level 1 is getting easier!
  • Ramoth48
    Options
    day 6 done this morning definately easier doing it a.m as opposed to after work
  • ahmommy
    Options
    Forgot to check in last night but level 1 day 7 is done (yesterday). I went and bought 5 lb weights after having used cans from the pantry before. My biceps are so sore today! The muscle got so tight in my sleep that it's hard for me to straighten my arms, lol. Maybe I was too ambitious with 5 lb weights, although I think I need the extra weight for the chest flies. Hoping once I get it all stretched out well it will feel better. I might be doing the curls without the weights today just to give them a rest. I guess we'll see how I feel later.
  • Ramoth48
    Options
    That's day 7 done, definately easier in the morning although l'm still finding the jumping jacks the hardest bit,l need heavier weights too. Got to search my wardrobes cos l do have some.
  • caramellips06
    caramellips06 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I started the shred 17 days ago n I love it I have lost inches n 7 lbs. I would recommend it to anyone. Level 2 is killer good luck to all of.
  • ahmommy
    Options
    So I ended up skipping the shred yesterday, but had a pretty active day anyway. I went swimming and played in the water with my 3 year old for a few hours. I'm going to get back into it today after work, but my arms are still so sore! I definitely need to work through this soreness before I kick it up to level 2. Getting nervous about moving up! Anyone else?
  • icesk8ermom
    icesk8ermom Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Day 5 level 1 completed today. Took a much needed rest day yesterday to rest my calves still struggle a bit with them.

ahmommy -I am considering trying level 2 but a little afraid also. I am wondering if the muscle groups being worked are any different? Can anyone who has done level 2 and 3 chime in?
  • Ramoth48
    Options
    definately! l haven't even looked at level 2 yet to see what l'm in for, level 1 is still giving me a hard time, and the post above fro caramellips06 salys it's a killer!!! l not ready to move on,Eck help;)
    l did day 8 today
  • Ramoth48
    Options
    I started the shred 17 days ago n I love it I have lost inches n 7 lbs. I would recommend it to anyone. Level 2 is killer good luck to all of.
    Not what l wanted to hear but l'll get to it soon l hope
  • ahmommy
    Options
    Level 1 day 8 done!
  • juliejean123
    juliejean123 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I started on 8/2. Today I will do Day 3. I'm really liking it so far, although it it pretty tough! Love the fact that its 20 minutes! I am excited to start seeing some results!
  • Cassidy_Jean
    Options
    Started today, was kind of skeptical about it but absolutely love it!
  • Fortunecat1
    Fortunecat1 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hi, I`d love to joing this thread for the accountability! I started the 30DS today. I started it once before and got as far as day 15. I haven`t looked at level 2 either; level 1 is hard enough for now. I`m going to be doing it 5 days a week. I don`t like Jillian but it is a good work. The jumping jacks are a little easier the second time around!
  • ahmommy
    Options
    Welcome Cassidy and Fortune! Glad to have more people to be accountable to. The jumping jacks and jump ropes definitely get easier once your calves toughen up.

It's getting a little old hearing the same instructions over and over, but I keep the sound on because I like her motivating words.
  • aliciamae24
    Options
    Okay ladies (and gents, if there are any around :P) - I have a question that I'm hoping someone here can answer.

Last week, I did days 3-5 mon-weds on 30DS, and switched to BFBM Thursday for more of a challenge. I was going to do day 6 of the shred Friday, and then 7 on Monday. I wound up skipping 4 days (fri-mon) because I think I over stretched at the end of Thursday's workout, and didn't want to add to the issue.

So today I cranked out day 6 of 30DS, and noticed a lot of pain in my outer ankles - mostly on jumping jacks, jump ropes, and butt kicks. Has anyone else experienced this, or know why it would start now, as opposed to say, day 1? I pushed through it for the most part, but it was very frustrating to have to stop here and there for a few seconds to relieve the ache.
  • jezzi16
    jezzi16 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Day 5 done - I will do 6 tonight.
  • Fortunecat1
    Fortunecat1 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Day 2 done! I get sick of her voice too; I sometimes speak back to her or say the words with her.

Anyone notice that at one point, Jillian is standing with Anita, but you can see Natalie in the background and she is NOT doing the leg work. I guess she thought she was off camera!

Anitamae, sorry I have no advice for you. Maybe an issue with your form? How you are landing doing the jump rope and jumping jacks?