30 Day Shred - Started TODAY 7/28/12

Options

Replies

• icesk8ermom
    icesk8ermom Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    @ ahmommy - great job on upping your level and completing with very little stops today!

I like this level better also; however, I struggle with the over the head presses and the leg lifts. I have NO balance what-so-ever and wobble all over the place! It's actually quite funny, when I went to PT they joked and said I would fail a DUI test completely sober! (guess it's a good thing I don't drink)

Day 7; day 2 @ level 2. Very sluggish again today but made it through. My shoulders are screaming at me!

Have a wonderful day!

~Good luck
  • ahmommy
    ahmommy Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Today I am sore in my lower abs and lower back. Not too bad, so I'm enjoying knowing that I'm working the muscles I'm most interested in. I definitely think it's going to be a love/hate kinda thing going on with this level. I can understand why most people see the best results from level 2.
  • Ramoth48
    Ramoth48 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I did Day 6 today of L1. For the last two days I've been wanting to work out longer so I jump to the L2 after I finish L1.
    Wow, way to go, l could not do that, the last bit of strength exercise literally saps my strength and l'm soo glad it's over.

At first its like that.,. atleast for me.. but its only 24 minutes from warm up to cool down so I want more exercise in. You will build your endurance and you may find yourself doing the same thing too! :)
    You're so right!!! l put on level 2 after my workout this morning,to see what l was in for tomorrow but ended up doing most of it. it seemed to go quicker than level 1.Some of the moves are a bit tricky, they'll need some working on.
    So that's day 10 done'N' dusted.Early rise tomorrow to do it before work.Wish me luck, l'm gonna need it.

Glad to hear you are getting through them easier now. Once you work up your stamina, you will want to do more.. I also agree that the moves in L2 are a bit tricky. I'm hoping to get them down pat so I do them correctly to get the most out of it. You will do great! :-)
    The side twists are so HARD, and the planks,OMG, when l collapsed on the floor and looked upto see what Jillian and co were doing, boy was l glad that's where they were too, didn't feel so bad then,hehehe.
    l did both levels after work this afternoon, but only level 2 yesterday(08/09/12) and l was soo sore and stiff all day, l honestly thought l wouldn't manage today, so put one level1 to ease myself into it then ended up doing both yah!!
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    I did Day 6 today of L1. For the last two days I've been wanting to work out longer so I jump to the L2 after I finish L1.
    Wow, way to go, l could not do that, the last bit of strength exercise literally saps my strength and l'm soo glad it's over.

At first its like that.,. atleast for me.. but its only 24 minutes from warm up to cool down so I want more exercise in. You will build your endurance and you may find yourself doing the same thing too! :)
    You're so right!!! l put on level 2 after my workout this morning,to see what l was in for tomorrow but ended up doing most of it. it seemed to go quicker than level 1.Some of the moves are a bit tricky, they'll need some working on.
    So that's day 10 done'N' dusted.Early rise tomorrow to do it before work.Wish me luck, l'm gonna need it.

Glad to hear you are getting through them easier now. Once you work up your stamina, you will want to do more.. I also agree that the moves in L2 are a bit tricky. I'm hoping to get them down pat so I do them correctly to get the most out of it. You will do great! :-)
    The side twists are so HARD, and the planks,OMG, when l collapsed on the floor and looked upto see what Jillian and co were doing, boy was l glad that's where they were too, didn't feel so bad then,hehehe.
    l did both levels after work this afternoon, but only level 2 yesterday(08/09/12) and l was soo sore and stiff all day, l honestly thought l wouldn't manage today, so put one level1 to ease myself into it then ended up doing both yah!!
    Super! Keep at it! :)
  • bet3120
    bet3120 Posts: 125
    Options
    i'm going to start this weekend, hell yeah!!!!
  • foreverme822
    Options
    Today was Day 7 of Level 2 for me and I definitely feel like everything is getting easier! I am still having trouble with the plank exercises and anything to do with balance lol. I have a lot more endurance though! Next week I am starting C25K in addition to 30DS!
  • ahmommy
    Options
    Level 2 day 2 done! I'm having trouble believing this is going to get easier for me. Holy crow. I don't sweat easily, even in high heat (and I live in the south), but I'm pouring sweat by the time I'm done. Level 1 got easier by day 3 or 4 so hopefully it will be the same this time. Today seemed harder than yesterday.
  • dixiewhiskey
    Options
    Level 2 day 2 done! I'm having trouble believing this is going to get easier for me. Holy crow. I don't sweat easily, even in high heat (and I live in the south), but I'm pouring sweat by the time I'm done. Level 1 got easier by day 3 or 4 so hopefully it will be the same this time. Today seemed harder than yesterday.

Same here and I've been doing L2 since Day 4 of the Shred lol!
  • Mskckaye
    Mskckaye Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I am so in on this and I will be starting tommorrow on day 1. I have been working out regular and have hit a plateau and need something to help get me over it and to help me lose the few extra pounds I have added during this 'HALTING MOTION' in my workout. So count me in. And thanks to the member who posted the links to view all the levels..
  • ahmommy
    Options
    Level 2 day 3 done! I ended up just doing a static plank pose for some of the plank jacks just to keep from having to take a break completely.
  • ramrockrac
    Options
    Starting again Monday!
  • Ramoth48
    Options
    Level 2 day 3 done, and it's just not getting any easier l was going bto do level 1 and 2 together like Dixy but l was too sore from double yesterday, what a woose am l:))
  • dixiewhiskey
    Options
    I finished D11 today.. I've still been doing both Level 1 and 2 and incorporating some other strength moves from other sites.

My Day 10 results are my current profile pic.. lost 10.5" already in total!!
  • Konpeito
    Konpeito Posts: 82
    Options
    Hey, is it okay if I join you?

Level 1 Day 1 - done!
  • dixiewhiskey
    Options
    Day 10 results - sorry had to change my profile picture

2ypddvs.jpg
  • dixiewhiskey
    Options
    Hey, is it okay if I join you?

Level 1 Day 1 - done!

Way to go! How did you like it?
  • gogeegee
    gogeegee Posts: 13
    Options
    Hi there I am a little late with this but I will start my 30 day shred today anyway. Can I ask what is C253K? I hope I got it right. Can you also give me tips on how you got started etc and what you done. Thanks heaps am motivated by reading all your posts. Will plan my month from today - we are going to the Gold Coast in October and I would really love to look smaller in my photographs with my kids.
  • Konpeito
    Konpeito Posts: 82
    Options
    It was very tireing, but I felt so good afterwards!

Also way to go on completeing day 11! =D
  • Ramoth48
    Options
    Sorry, guys, l forgot to post yesterday,that ldid level1 and 2.This morning l only managed level 2 and now my lower back aches a little, that's a first,my knees are a bit creaky too but that's been ongoing for a while, guees my bones are showing their age,eh:)
  • ahmommy
    Options
    Took a rest day yesterday, but spent about 4 hours cleaning house and was exhausted by the end of it. I'll be completing level 2 day 4 after work today. After being bad at lunch time (I got a pita burger, but got fruit instead of fries), I managed to eat a small dinner and stay within about 50 calories of my allowance. Pretty proud of myself for that, especially considering I didn't log any exercise!

I'm definitely starting to see a difference. I see a hint of abs peeking through in my upper abs where there's not as much fat to hide them. My "pooch" looks deflated. I'm not measuring again until after level 2 is done, but I think I'm going to see a good difference this time!

gogeegee - Hi! C25K is an acronym for Couch to 5K, it's a program to help non-runners start to run, and includes a plan to get you all the way up to running a 5K (roughly 3 miles I believe). I haven't done the program but I've heard a lot about it. If you google it, I'm sure you can find a website detailing all the workouts.