30 Day Shred - Started TODAY 7/28/12

Options

Replies

• paulaviki
    paulaviki Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    I've started ripped in 30 instead now, as I've done 30ds once. I started it again but tried ripped after recording it from sky. It's quite similar to 30ds but feels a little more intense so fingers crossed I can stick to this and get as good results! :smile:
  • icesk8ermom
    icesk8ermom Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Fortunecat1 ---yes I have noticed that and laugh about that also!

aliciamae24 ---not sure what that could be. You said outer ankles but is it possible it is in your shin also and the pain is radiating into your ankle as well?? I know that I can do not he very last cool down stretch the way JM does it as it hurts my ankles I grab with the arm the same side as my leg or I skip it all together....sorry not sure.

Day 6 level 2.....yes I tired level 2 today; it was harder and I was dripping with sweat more than usual but I personal felt it was a little easier on my calves. (I have been experiencing calve cramps...not Charlie horses; cramps- constant cramps for months) I did have to stop a few times to catch my breath but that could be that I just need to use my inhaler. I like that the strength portion is working the muscles slightly different at this level.

~ Good luck everyone
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Okay ladies (and gents, if there are any around :P) - I have a question that I'm hoping someone here can answer.

Last week, I did days 3-5 mon-weds on 30DS, and switched to BFBM Thursday for more of a challenge. I was going to do day 6 of the shred Friday, and then 7 on Monday. I wound up skipping 4 days (fri-mon) because I think I over stretched at the end of Thursday's workout, and didn't want to add to the issue.

So today I cranked out day 6 of 30DS, and noticed a lot of pain in my outer ankles - mostly on jumping jacks, jump ropes, and butt kicks. Has anyone else experienced this, or know why it would start now, as opposed to say, day 1? I pushed through it for the most part, but it was very frustrating to have to stop here and there for a few seconds to relieve the ache.

I havent but it sounds like you may have knee issues.. stuff like the butt kicks and such are high impact cardio which can devastate the knees for some. Try the punches she does when she is doing her jumping jacks, etc so you can keep up with the video.
  • dixiewhiskey
    Options
    I did Day 6 today of L1. For the last two days I've been wanting to work out longer so I jump to the L2 after I finish L1.
  • Starlightbella
    Starlightbella Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I am in! I just started this last night so I'm on day two today. It will be nice to have a group support system :)
  • Starlightbella
    Starlightbella Posts: 77 Member
    Options

Anyone notice that at one point, Jillian is standing with Anita, but you can see Natalie in the background and she is NOT doing the leg work. I guess she thought she was off camera!
    I saw that too last night. It made me laugh!
  • Queenie_O
    Queenie_O Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Okay ladies (and gents, if there are any around :P) - I have a question that I'm hoping someone here can answer.

Last week, I did days 3-5 mon-weds on 30DS, and switched to BFBM Thursday for more of a challenge. I was going to do day 6 of the shred Friday, and then 7 on Monday. I wound up skipping 4 days (fri-mon) because I think I over stretched at the end of Thursday's workout, and didn't want to add to the issue.

So today I cranked out day 6 of 30DS, and noticed a lot of pain in my outer ankles - mostly on jumping jacks, jump ropes, and butt kicks. Has anyone else experienced this, or know why it would start now, as opposed to say, day 1? I pushed through it for the most part, but it was very frustrating to have to stop here and there for a few seconds to relieve the ache.

I just finished L1 D6 and I've been having the same issues. For me, it's actually a knee problem that I try to compensate for, which makes my landings a bit off. I started wearing supports a couple of days ago and have had better results. I also modify and jog in place at times instead of the JJs or butt kicks so that I can keep moving.
  • Ramoth48
    Ramoth48 Posts: 93 Member
    Options

Don't know why it would start now either, but l had a sore mucsle in my right calf yesterday and then last night/ this morning( day 9) my left shoulder ached a lot. l pushed through the discomfort and now both have gone.This is not normally how l would react, as l would have taken any excuse to stop for a couple of days, so l proud of myself for that:)
  • Ramoth48
    Options
    I did Day 6 today of L1. For the last two days I've been wanting to work out longer so I jump to the L2 after I finish L1.
    Wow, way to go, l could not do that, the last bit of strength exercise literally saps my strength and l'm soo glad it's over.
  • dixiewhiskey
    Options
    Wow, way to go, l could not do that, the last bit of strength exercise literally saps my strength and l'm soo glad it's over.

At first its like that.,. atleast for me.. but its only 24 minutes from warm up to cool down so I want more exercise in. You will build your endurance and you may find yourself doing the same thing too! :)
  • ahmommy
    ahmommy Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Level 1 day 9 done!

I had some pain in my ankle during butt kicks once, but I think I was landing funny. It hasn't happened since.

I've also noticed that Natalie stops doing the static lunges when she thinks she's off camera. But then I wonder if they had to do multiple takes to get the recording right and I figure they may have had to do a lot of lunges in the end!
  • appledainty
    Options
    I started 30DS a few days ago, and I'm really glad to see other people doing it too :) It's really intense for me, and I have to replace some of the exercises with lower impact ones, but I've been getting through it! I haven't lost any weight so far, but I figure if I keep at it and pair it with swimming and walking I'll be well on my way. :D I'm going to Hawaii at the beginning of September, so I'm trying to get a little fitter before then.
  • aliciamae24
    Options
    Wow, now this is just frustrating, lol. I've had knee issues with doing a lot of these exercises in the past, but my knees have actually been just fine throughout, as well as my shins. The only pain I'm feeling is during stretching, which, like I said, I think is from over-stretching on BFBM last week.. even that's pretty mild at this point though. Today the ankles are achy just walking and standing.

I'm going to do a bit if searching online to see if I can find some kind of answer... Thanks for all your help! :)
  • jezzi16
    jezzi16 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Did day 6 last night , lost 2.4lbs already which is rare this early in the program for me.
  • icesk8ermom
    icesk8ermom Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Day 7 level 2.....Man I struggled today; tired! I only burned 153 calories today compared to 175 yesterday. :-( However had a great day yesterday burned 803 calories yesterday!

A little bummed because we are doing the biggest loser at work and I have only lost 1.8 lbs in 4 weeks and a co-worker who weighs less than me has lost 5 lbs. (depressing but still working at it!)

aliciamae24 - if your up to it try level 2 there are not as many jumping jacks that wear on your ankles.

~ Good luck everyone!
  • Ramoth48
    Options

At first its like that.,. atleast for me.. but its only 24 minutes from warm up to cool down so I want more exercise in. You will build your endurance and you may find yourself doing the same thing too! :)
    You're so right!!! l put on level 2 after my workout this morning,to see what l was in for tomorrow but ended up doing most of it. it seemed to go quicker than level 1.Some of the moves are a bit tricky, they'll need some working on.
    So that's day 10 done'N' dusted.Early rise tomorrow to do it before work.Wish me luck, l'm gonna need it.
  • ahmommy
    Options
    Day 10 level 1 done! I watched level 2 tonight to see what I'm in for. I was tempted to just do it but I had a crying baby on my hands so I settled for just watching it (and remembered why I was looking for a fast workout in the first place). It looks pretty brutal but I'm happy to see the ab work is more advanced. That's the only part of level 1 that wasn't challenging to me.
  • dixiewhiskey
    Options
    Finished Day 7 of L1 today. I added some of the planks from L2 and today was Day 2 of working out first thing in the morning. I want to see if there is any truth to increased fat burning before breakfast.

Thought I'd spread some inspiration cause I was a skeptic at first.. you are all doing fabulous btw!

x1zwvs.jpg
  • dixiewhiskey
    Options

You're so right!!! l put on level 2 after my workout this morning,to see what l was in for tomorrow but ended up doing most of it. it seemed to go quicker than level 1.Some of the moves are a bit tricky, they'll need some working on.
    So that's day 10 done'N' dusted.Early rise tomorrow to do it before work.Wish me luck, l'm gonna need it.

Glad to hear you are getting through them easier now. Once you work up your stamina, you will want to do more.. I also agree that the moves in L2 are a bit tricky. I'm hoping to get them down pat so I do them correctly to get the most out of it. You will do great! :-)
  • ahmommy
    Options
    Level 2 day 1 done! I got all the way through it but had to modify the plank jacks and plank jumps, and take a 5 second break here and there. I actually like the static poses better than the squats and lunges in level 1. I have trouble getting form correct when I'm moving constantly. The pendulum lunges throw me completely off balance so I need to work on those. Definitely liking the ab work better for this level. My problem with the plank poses is arm strength. I'll get there!