Ok folks...

Options
123457»

Replies

• XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    After my surgery I counted cleaning as it was a huge effort. I do 35 miles plus of walking a week, I get up at 5am to go walk. My fitbit gives me calories. I also go to the gym 5x per week. I don't eat them all back, but I don't see what's wrong with those calories being .kn here because my fitbit calculates what I'm doing above sedentary. Every person .ua different in what is an effort or accomplishment for them, I think its wrong to judge what they log. If their weights stalls they'll figure it all out! :-)
  • Misty_Rage
    Misty_Rage Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Im completely aware that MFP over clocks calorie burn for many of their exercises. I also assume that most people UNDER report their calories. Knowing that, I do eat back SOME of my workout calories but I never purposely eat them all back.
  • impyimpyaj
    impyimpyaj Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    There was a guy once who wrote something in a thread that has stayed with me since I started MFP. He said: If you didn't sweat, do not log it.

Simple. Easy. True.

Some people naturally don't sweat. Some people naturally sweat all the time. I personally sweat profusely in social situations, because I get anxious, but I don't always sweat when I do actual cardio if the room is cool.

So I guess for me, I should only log calorie burns when I stand around at a party? But not if I work out in a cool room.
  • LittleMissRainey
    LittleMissRainey Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    What if your job is a cleaner and that's what you do ALL day?! I have a friend who is and I see her calories and think DAMN, always makes me want to break out the hoover.
  • RLDeShazo
    RLDeShazo Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    what totally amazes me is that
    1) people complain about things they really don't understand and don't affect them. For example, the "walking the dog" is just what MFP calls that speed. I don't walk my dog, but if you looked at my diary, you would think I walked him every day.

2) people complain about others using the website the way it was intended (eating back exercise calories)

You do what you do, I will do what I do, and they will do what they do. OK?