Replies

• RUNN3Rmom
    RUNN3Rmom Posts: 441
    Options
    2012 VW Passat :) Her name is Lydia :)
  • mycrazy8splus1
    mycrazy8splus1 Posts: 1,558 Member
    Options
    What kind of car do you drive? 15 passenger van (cause we have 8 kids)
    What do you like and dislike about it? love the room, it is quiet, great AC....doesn't have 4wd
    Would you reccomend it to someone asking you if they should get one? yes but I prefer my Suburban (which I would still be driving if it would fit everyone in it)
  • Redbird99ky
    Redbird99ky Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Daily driver: 2012 Ford Escape. It's my second escape, the previous was a 2007. I average about 4K miles per month, so I need something that's comfortable, good on the highway, good on gas, etc ... oh, and it has to be able to haul 2 large Airedale Terriers. The Escape fills the bill. On the highway, I get about 27-30 mpg. around town, I get about 24-27. It's a 4 cylinder, but the changes that Ford has made to the motor, plus the 6 speed AT, makes it easy to get on and off the freeway. I'd recommend it to ANYONE who is looking for a small SUV. They're extremely reliable.

fun car: 1970 Pontiac GTO. pretty much stock, with the 400 motor (350 HP, 445 lb-ft of torque), 3.90 rear end, and no overdrive. Not a great highway car, as it runs hot, sucks (premium) gas, and has no A/C, but I can leave rubber all the way through an intersection :)
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    well said, i was thinking of getting a supersport but i really like some of the fz's. I had thought about getting a liter bike as my first for the street but am a little afraid after hearing horror stories. Knowing myself though I think I would fair well on one

Thanks man...just looking out for you. It's important that you respect them, yes (and I'm sure you will)...but that's like saying it's important that you respect a pet rattlesnake. All the respect in the world, and one slip will net you a hospital trip. And just like a pet rattlesnake...the longer you have it...the more comfortable, and less careful you are, lol.

And I'm not sure what you meant by litre bike...if you meant THOSE supersports lol...God be with you my friend =p. They're heavier, stupidly powerful, and that much less responsive to rider input.

Not a recipe for a newbie lol.

Anyhow, it's certainly possible to be a successful first time rider with a 600 class supersport. But if you do some searches through the online communities...you'll see that success rate is very slim. A litre class supersport as a first bike is exponentially less likely to net success. When success means living and/or not being crippled, that's kind of a big deal.

Anyway...good luck! And if you do pick one up...make sure to let me know what you chose. The Daytona's are near and dear to my heart...so I certainly couldn't condemn you for picking on of those lol...but if you do, please take my advice/warnings seriously. As I said...they aren't toys.

i take all advice I can lol, I couldn't afford a 1000 as my first because I know i am going to drop it it's just how I work somehow so I know that something shiny new and super powerful for my first road bike. I really love those daytona's but I am starting to become partial to the naked bikes, I hate them, but I like them. It;s so conflicting lol. I had considered getting a ninja 250 to start off with but nah, too big for that lol i'll figure it out though.

I've got a friend who weighs 275lbs, and his first bike was a 250 Ninja. It moved him around just fine.

If you like Triumphs, and you like naked bikes...check out the Speed Triples. Freakin cool as hell. I'm partial to full fairing sport bikes, but even I've considered a Triple. Oddly I hated them in pictures. It wasn't till I saw some in person at the local Triumph club meets that I grew to love them.

Here's the 675cc version:

Triumph_Street_Triple_675_left500.jpg

They make a 1050cc version too...it's freakin awesome lol.
  • DetroitDarin
    DetroitDarin Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    2004 RX8:

6298996344_e07e490ec5_z.jpg

2006 LegacyGT spec.B:

2933431052_df2ea907e3_z.jpg

2002 F150 SuperCrew

2428869632_3e24c3504d_z.jpg
  • BTheGreatest
    Options
    Just had an idea for a little social experiment regarding what everyone drives.

What kind of car do you drive? What do you like and dislike about it? Would you reccomend it to someone asking you if they should get one?

I'll start it off; I have a 2011 Sonata and I love that car, gets good mileage looks great to me. There is little I dislike about the car after a year of having it but i'm sure I will find something after posting this lol. I would highly reccomend it to anyone.

However, I am dying to get on a motorcycle. A supermoto or sportbike are the dream for me.

I have a Dodge Durango, love that it's big enough for all my kids to fit comfortably, hate that it's a V8 and takes alot of gas to fill up. I've had it for 8 years and it has never broke down it has been so reliable and I get to go off roading :tongue: !! So, yeah I would definitely recommend it!!

I also have a 1995 Eclispe gsx black on black rims... had many problems when I first got it pretty much a whole new car replaced everything (due to age) buy it is so SEXY and fast he he he!!
  • Newf13
    Newf13 Posts: 28
    Options
    I have a 2012 Hyundai Accent. I love everything about it except the fact that it's made out of cheap plastic and it's super low.
  • DeeDel32
    DeeDel32 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    2012 hyundai sonata hybrid. white. love it :D
  • Maria1979candy
    Options
    Zx14 cars are for sissies.
  • SelenityJ
    SelenityJ Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I don't own a car but as an au pair the family I work for provided one for carting around their kids.

Volvo station wagon.

?1338067471
  • harleydall76
    harleydall76 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I have a 2006 Mazda 3. I love it. The only "dislike" about it is I would rather have something sporty. I got it when I thought I'd be having kids. Now that I'm not, I'm ready for sporty again.

I would recommend them to someone.
  • Myosha86
    Myosha86 Posts: 46
    Options
    2012 Dodge Avenger. I love it!!!
  • Myosha86
    Myosha86 Posts: 46
    Options
    Super Cute !
  • ilovemybuggy
    ilovemybuggy Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    a POS.
  • pittskaa
    pittskaa Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    i have a 2011 mazda 2. people are always like "don't you mean 3??" nope. a mazda 2. its a little hatchback and i LOVE IT. 33 MPG, small but spacious, comfy, definitely a chick car. i bought it last summer and im so happy i did. the only bad thing about it would be that it doesnt take to bumps very well..
  • TBoom915
    TBoom915 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    2009 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
  • MrsLeyva11
    Options
    2001 Mazda 626 LX

Definitely not the car I would have chosen for myself, but it was a gift from my dad when I found out I was pregnant and had to sell my 2010 Mustang. I regret not even attempting to get a car seat in the back of that thing.

I'm sure it was a great car back in the day.. but we've had to replace practically everything in it. Spark plugs, engine coil, engine cables.. the power steering pump broke on our way to NC from FL. .. It broke down every other week when we first got it. But luckily, it hasn't broken down once since the baby was born. So maybe we've got it all out of the way.

But now when you turn on the AC, it makes a horrible squealing sound until the pulley warms up. (I'm guessing it's the pulley, anyway. That's what it looked like when we got down inside it and tried to grease it up) It's pretty embarrassing. And the check engine light comes on at least once a week and goes back off.
  • _LilPowerHouse
    _LilPowerHouse Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    2000 Mitsubishi Diamante, NO I wouldnt recommend this car, its discontinued and the breaking system sucks *kitten*!!!
    2006 Nissan Murano.. Yes get one.. This freaking crossover suv is BEAST>> especially up here in the north during winter..

EDIT:.. The Diamante is getting replaced by a Nissan Titan or a Toyota Tundra.. Need to haul a boat next year and the Murano wont be available when I need it since its the wifes car.
  • arthurowenlindsey
    Options
    Daily driver: 2012 Ford Escape. It's my second escape, the previous was a 2007. I average about 4K miles per month, so I need something that's comfortable, good on the highway, good on gas, etc ... oh, and it has to be able to haul 2 large Airedale Terriers. The Escape fills the bill. On the highway, I get about 27-30 mpg. around town, I get about 24-27. It's a 4 cylinder, but the changes that Ford has made to the motor, plus the 6 speed AT, makes it easy to get on and off the freeway. I'd recommend it to ANYONE who is looking for a small SUV. They're extremely reliable.

fun car: 1970 Pontiac GTO. pretty much stock, with the 400 motor (350 HP, 445 lb-ft of torque), 3.90 rear end, and no overdrive. Not a great highway car, as it runs hot, sucks (premium) gas, and has no A/C, but I can leave rubber all the way through an intersection :)

There is an aftermarket company that sells transmissions that make the first four gears stock and add an overdrive (my dad has one in a 69 judge)

I have a 78 chevy k10, I grew up in this truck, it runs on propane and always starts
    1999 chevy lumina. wedding present five years ago, its been hit, on its second engine and trans, and has 260 k miles
    2003 chevy cavalier, 218 k everything works, its just kinda ugly.

i would always recommend my cars to people. i dont keep cars i dont like
  • Goal_Driven
    Goal_Driven Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I drive a 1999 Mazda Protege.. bought it back in January 2005. It was previously wrecked before I got it so I've had never ending problems.. but they are definitely not as bad as they used to be.. I think I'm done putting a LOT of money in it for repairs.. now just minor fixes and my own modificaitons :) Other than my problem of it being previously wrecked, I like it a lot and would reccommend it!

I just became the owner of my dad's 1988 GMC Sierra s15.. It's not running quite yet, but will be soon ;)