Wondering what kind of car everyone on here has

Options
Just had an idea for a little social experiment regarding what everyone drives.

What kind of car do you drive? What do you like and dislike about it? Would you reccomend it to someone asking you if they should get one?

I'll start it off; I have a 2011 Sonata and I love that car, gets good mileage looks great to me. There is little I dislike about the car after a year of having it but i'm sure I will find something after posting this lol. I would highly reccomend it to anyone.

However, I am dying to get on a motorcycle. A supermoto or sportbike are the dream for me.

Replies

• TK266
    TK266 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Options
    2009 Jeep Wrangler Sahara. second wrangler I have owned. I think jeeps are fun to drive. biggest issues are noise and acceleration.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    I have a 2002 P.O.S.

i will be getting a motorcycle license soon. My dad wants to sell me his Harley.
  • bkw2488
    bkw2488 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I have a mini van and a suburban… but I have six kids so I don’t really have a chose, I have to drive something I can fit all of us in LOL…. I rather be driving some sweet sports car that don't take up so much gas…. :smile:
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    i live in nyc and have no car.
  • Carlyannabelle
    Carlyannabelle Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I have a 2006 Ford 500....It fits all my kids, gets pretty good mileage and its paid for! Nothing better than a paid for car!
  • PandaDreamerGurl
    Options
    2007 Elantra. I've had it for about a year and a half now. Love the mileage it gets and the CD/MP3 player the previous owner put in it. Dislike the fact that it's a used car and after the warrenty ran out, the little problems started to show up. I would recommend the Elantra in general but do your research on them first. Mine has an issue with the "check engine" light. About 90% of the time it's on and everywhere I've taken it, can't seem to find the problem.
  • Kate4911
    Kate4911 Posts: 24
    Options
    I drive a 2010 Mustang GT. Love everything about it, except it pretty much comes with speeding tickets!
  • Nekhet
    Nekhet Posts: 380
    Options
    2005 F-150 4 door, charcoal grey
  • chrishgt4
    chrishgt4 Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    1994 Toyota Celica GTFour

If you don't mind working on your car I'd suggest it to anyone who likes to drive!

If you don't really know your way around a car and can't afford mechanics and expensive parts, stay away!

It's the one in my ticker.
  • LaLouve_RK
    LaLouve_RK Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    I have a 2009 Honda Pilot AWD
    It's my materialist buzz... I love my truck!
    When able I will tune it up a bit...

288712_2177894960608_7509775_o.jpg
  • AzhureSnow
    AzhureSnow Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I drive a 2011 Nissan Rogue SV.

I traded my 2005 Ford Focus ZX4 ST for it last year because we definitely needed more space (2 adults, 1 kid, 2 dogs...). I like it. It's got a smaller engine, but at least that means I get better gas mileage. It would be the perfect car if it were a 6-cyl, and even more perfect if it were a hybrid (but then it would have cost me $20,000 more, probably, and made it out of my price range). I wanted something with some cargo space that wasn't going to result in 15 MPG. I got the "deluxe" package with heated leather, Bose sound, navigation, sunroof, etc. I've been really happy with it, and in the class (crossovers), it was the best buy for under $30,000.
  • AmeChops
    AmeChops Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    I have an LDV Maxus long wheelbase, high roof, 56 plate, 7 seater van - in red (ex royal mail). Good for transporting the dogs around, not the best van available but we picked it up with only 39k miles on the clock and we've had no problems (touch wood) with it so far. We'll be converting it in the back so we can sleep in there and have the doggies housed all nicely :-))

My husband has an 11 plate VW Polo, 1.6 diesel - in white - and I would recommend to anyone!! I drive to my mums, 300 miles away, and it'll do it in less than a tank and a half (£50 per fill up appx). It got me through the bad snow we had in 2010 superbly, very comfortable and looks pretty good too!!
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    All Hondas, 07 Pilot, 07 Accord and 10 Fit....
  • delaney056
    delaney056 Posts: 475
    Options
    I drive a 2008 Pontiac Grand Prix (my dad has a 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 with 500,000 miles on it that he uses for work, we all share the car for school, grocery shopping, etc.)
    Likes: pretty good gas mileage, very easy to drive, extremely reliable, nice big trunk and lots of room
    Dislikes: It has a lot of horsepower, so it can get away from you pretty quickly if you're not careful. Very low to the ground.

I would definitely recommend this car to anyone. It's not an expensive car, and it's perfect for responsible teenagers to drive. We've had it for 2 years and it hasn't given us any problems.
  • amberlitaaa
    Options
    '98 Mustang. Not my favorite year, but it gets the job done. :)

I've always wanted a Mustang, so I like that. Doesn't get the best mileage, and I probably wouldn't recommend it, but it gets me around just fine.
  • dogacreek
    dogacreek Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    2008 Chrysler Hemi 300C and 2003 Harley-Davidson Road King and 1965 Harley-Davidson Panhead
  • Fatal1ty2k5
    Fatal1ty2k5 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    '05 Dodge Ram with 6" lift and 33's used to be 9" and 37's lol

I like it cause it does everything I need it to. Dislike the price to fill up and drive it but I brought that pain on myself with the lift and tires.

Its paid off though so I plan on driving it for quite awhile.

That there 10mpg highway =]
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,579 Member
    Options
    Toyota Sienna mini van. And I just have one kid. Never thought I would like a van, but I do.

Dream car is rebuilding my own 1986 911 Porche Carrera.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    2003 Chevy Avalanche.

Love it. Works great towing a boat, and I can fit my kayak in the back with it still covered.

Very comfy back seat for when it has been necessary for us to take more folks on trips.

Drives great, and I don't drive like a bat outta hell, so I actually get better gas mileage than it's rated for.

I would recommend it in a heartbeat for someone wanting a larger SUV/Truck.
  • ellenxmariex3
    ellenxmariex3 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Primary: 2007 Toyota Yaris. I love it. Excellent gas mileage! I also think it's adorable, although that doesn't really matter :P I haven't had any problems with it whatsoever. It's a little girly though so my boyfriend doesn't really like it but I don't care!

Secondary: 2001 Ford Ranger. Obviously not as good of gas mileage. It's great for when I have to move stuff around. I live in a rural area so everyone needs a truck haha. I've had some issues with it but it is older than the Yaris so that's to be expected. It's currently at the mechanic because the rear brake leaks. I'd recommend it if you need a truck but don't want to pay a million dollars for gas. It's really small though.

Boyfriend's car: 2004 Hyundai Accent. It's a manual so I've never driven it. He likes it because of that :P It's currently at the mechanic because it needs a new fuel pump but in my experience every used car needs a little TLC before you can rely on it, especially the ones within my boyfriend's budget.