NO SWEETS TIL THANKSGIVING--

Options

Replies

• amk1725
    amk1725 Posts: 156
    Options
    You ladies are cracking me up over here! :laugh:

I don't feel as bad knowing some of you indulged in the sweets this weekend too. I'm so mad at myself though. :mad:

I had 4 servings of Cherry Dump Cake on Sunday...holy cow...talk about a binge!!!

And Saturday night I ate halloween candy...too much to even keep track of. My fiance had to take it away from me! LOL!

Back on track today...hoping to have a good week. Good luck everyone!
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    You ladies are cracking me up over here! :laugh:

I don't feel as bad knowing some of you indulged in the sweets this weekend too. I'm so mad at myself though. :mad:

I had 4 servings of Cherry Dump Cake on Sunday...holy cow...talk about a binge!!!

And Saturday night I ate halloween candy...too much to even keep track of. My fiance had to take it away from me! LOL!

Back on track today...hoping to have a good week. Good luck everyone!

Cherry Dump Cake? :sick: I didn't know cherries took dumps-- :noway:
  • amk1725
    amk1725 Posts: 156
    Options
    Oh, it's soooo gooooood...kind of like a cobbler.

Take 2 cans of cherry pie filling and cover the bottom of a baking pan.
    Pour a box of yellow cake mix on top of the cherries.
    Melt two sticks of butter and pour on top of the cake mix.
    Sprinkle a little crushed pecans and shaved coconut on top.
    Bake at 350 for 50 minutes

A very good Thanksgiving dessert....my family makes it every year! (Not sure why we made it early, maybe to sabotage my NO SWEETS til Thanksgiving challenge!)
  • Marla64
    Options
    Oh, it's soooo gooooood...kind of like a cobbler.

Take 2 cans of cherry pie filling and cover the bottom of a baking pan.
    Pour a box of yellow cake mix on top of the cherries.
    Melt two sticks of butter and pour on top of the cake mix.
    Sprinkle a little crushed pecans and shaved coconut on top.
    Bake at 350 for 50 minutes

A very good Thanksgiving dessert....my family makes it every year! (Not sure why we made it early, maybe to sabotage my NO SWEETS til Thanksgiving challenge!)

Mmmmmm-- does sound good, and easy--

just need to work on the name. :wink:
  • ToeTapN
    ToeTapN Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I have not had anything yet but today is the hardest day so far. Someone remind me how bad that halloween candy is for me.....
  • Marla64
    Options
    I have not had anything yet but today is the hardest day so far. Someone remind me how bad that halloween candy is for me.....

chocolate.jpg

How's that?
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,760 Member
    Options

chocolate.jpg

How's that?

For sure! I think my clothes have gotten bigger since I haven't eaten any for 2 weeks now!
  • ToeTapN
    Options
    perfect! Thanks!
  • Marla64
    Options
    fudgesicles-- so my daughter got a call from her neighbor friend tonight, asking her to come over and bake apple crisp with her. Off she went, and came home with a 13x9x2 hot from the oven apple crisp--

Now come on-- how stinkin' unfair? I don't even sniff at the Halloween candy, but fresh baked apple crisp?

Gulp--

Fresh apples, cranberries and oats-- that's healthy, right? Not really desserty-- right???

Fudgesicles--

:grumble:
  • skrumm
    skrumm Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    lol! I love reading some of the conversations on here! I made it another day after my pep talk yesterday I am back on track! Thank you for helping me with my Halloween candy issues. :bigsmile:
  • Redneckwoman
    Redneckwoman Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Well Marla I fell off the wagon badly.:sad: :sad: :sad: :grumble: :grumble: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Kel:heart:
  • Marla64
    Options
    Well Marla I fell off the wagon badly.:sad: :sad: :sad: :grumble: :grumble: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Pick yourself up, brush yourself off, start all over again--
  • 72lori
    Options
    fudgesicles-- so my daughter got a call from her neighbor friend tonight, asking her to come over and bake apple crisp with her. Off she went, and came home with a 13x9x2 hot from the oven apple crisp--

Now come on-- how stinkin' unfair? I don't even sniff at the Halloween candy, but fresh baked apple crisp?

Gulp--

Fresh apples, cranberries and oats-- that's healthy, right? Not really desserty-- right???

Fudgesicles--

:grumble:

Apple crisp and I were having issues the day you started this.

Notta for me. Day 15. Hanging strong.

I also might add, the scale is down about 8 pounds since the day I started this. Changed my workouts- actually decreased them. (Yeah, I know.) Can't decide if it's the new workout schedule or the no sweets, but I'm not messing with what is working!

When I started this on 10/20 I was 158.6 (coming off an out of control weekend), today I was 150.4. I am 2/10 of a pound from NORMAL BMI!

Marla, if it's this no sweets challenge that got me unstuck from 153-154 (which I've been at since the beginning of May, give or take a few brief encounters with lower numbers and those increases over my vacations) then I have you to thank.

Thanks!
  • ToeTapN
    Options
    yeah Lori!!!!
    Awesome news. I am still hanging strong as well and thanks for the inspiration!
  • Marla64
    Options
    well congrats, ladies-- me? I have no sweets, now, until the Saturday after Thanksgiving-- told myself every slip up adds an extra day-- fudgesicles.

Pecan pie shall wait until 11/28.
  • Redneckwoman
    Redneckwoman Posts: 668 Member
    Options

Pick yourself up, brush yourself off, start all over again--

Thanks Marla. Already standing tall and happy to jump back on the wagon.:flowerforyou:
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    I'm a few weeks late, but I'm jumping in. I've done really well with cutting out sweets in the past, but one a day led to a bit of a bender yesterday and now I need to get my rear in gear.

So yeah, here I am. No more pumpkin spice cupcakes. :grumble:
  • 72lori
    Options
    I'm a few weeks late, but I'm jumping in. I've done really well with cutting out sweets in the past, but one a day led to a bit of a bender yesterday and now I need to get my rear in gear.

Welcome aboard! You can do it. It gets easier.
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options

Once I get through the first day, I'm good...it's just that first day that can be harsh.
  • Marla64
    Options

Once I get through the first day, I'm good...it's just that first day that can be harsh.

Woo-hooooooooo-- Shuntae's here!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, I got it back in gear today, my friends-- my no-sweets has been unfortunately extended until Saturday, 11/28 due to lack of faithfulness-- fudgesicles.

Sure was easier this time last year-- more motivated? Who knows-- either way, I'll make it til 11/28 now, sweet free, or die trying--