NO SWEETS TIL THANKSGIVING--

Replies

• Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Sending my daily vow, I went all day without sugar and even cut my splenda use in half, yay me yay me yay me.

What is everyone else doing???

I avoided the chocolate chip cookies for the rest of the day-- they're all gone now.

My daughter makes the world's best cookies-- oh em gee!!!!

Marla I have a 7 pound bag of chocolate chips in the freezer. :noway: it should all be gone by the middle of next month. I promise not to taste the cake in the making but I MUST have a piece (small one) for the birthdays. (sorry but I MUST)

I haven't had any sugar since starting this today! lets see how tomorrow goes. maybe eggs for breakfast instead of pancakes with the fam.
  • amk1725
    amk1725 Posts: 156
    So instead of eating fattening chocolate chip cookies like I would normall do, I'm going to try some jdark chocolate jello pudding instead. Wish me luck!! :happy:
  • Girlmom282109
    So far so good on the sweets! it is only 10 am though!!

Good Luck everyone!!!!
  • Redneckwoman
    Redneckwoman Posts: 668 Member
    Okie Dokie Marla

Iam in. It's going to be a little tough since I have been gone for a while. Gained back 5 lbs. Now it's time to get serious beforoe the holidays.:noway:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    good morning, my dessert free friends--

Redneckwoman-- glad you joined us.

Just a touch of accountability along our merry way. I have no opinions on the sugar-free crud out there-- Jello sugar free this, that and the other-- or Splenda and the like.

Personally, I'm just vowing to abstain from candies, chocolates-- you know, THE GOOD STUFF-- desserts, et cetera to get it back outta my system.

So far, so good--

We're stronger than we think, people-- these foods don't have to control us.

Be strong this day, my friends--
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,773 Member
    Yesterday was brutal with sugar. Today I am swearing it off. I might have the shakes later, but I don't care! I need this challenge and I WILL do it.

Honestly, my fat free vanilla yogurt, blueberries and granola I had a while ago was totally better than any sugar filled crap I have eaten over the past few dreadful days of binging!
  • familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    doing great today, no sugar anything proud of myself, I went to the store and was like oohh that looks good and then I heard Marla in my head...get out marla....no sugar til thanksgiving..... Not that I have a whole lot on a daily basis unless I decide to just throw the towel in and splurge but a bite of chocolate chip, or maybe one hersey kiss, but nope nothing today. So proud.

Great job everyone on the team..What a great way to detox out body just before the holidays!!!
  • Redneckwoman
    Redneckwoman Posts: 668 Member
    So far so good...This morning I had my friend take the Ikes and Mikes with her when she left. So that pretty much took care of the real crap. How ever I still have some zuccini bread left in the frig. My neighbor made it last week. I think I am going to freeze the rest. But I have to check with my other half before I do. I think I can talk him into popcorn at night for a while.
  • Girlmom282109
    so far so good for me too! every time I go into the pantry to get something I'm like "oh I want some of those! or these look really good!!" "I better not!" :sad: :sad: :laugh: :laugh:
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,773 Member
    No sugar all day. I did it. Day one anyway.
  • Marla64
    way to be, my friends-- one day at a time-- one bite, one meal, one hour, one day--

Proud of you all--
  • Marla64
    oh-- forgot-- you all helped me refrain from stealing my daughter's chocolate--
  • familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member

Marla Love Love Love the great new picture
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    well alright..............if ya gotta shout it to the world:grumble: :grumble:

I told you I am in:grumble: :grumble:

Yesterday I ate a tootsie roll pop. I dont EAT candy...........why in the world did I eat that stupid thing??

This is a good challenge for me because for some reason I am craving sweets.

Thanks MaMa Marla...:flowerforyou:
  • Marla64

Marla Love Love Love the great new picture

thank you!
  • Marla64

Yesterday I ate a tootsie roll pop. I dont EAT candy...........why in the world did I eat that stupid thing??

this will help, Jeannie--
    Lubs ya
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member

Lubs ya

Oh yea and were you going for the wolf look in the pic? Sexy, smoldering and tough all at the same time. America's Top Model called and said your IN for this week!

Love it!:heart:
  • Im on day 2 YAY!

Does this include dark chocolate 70% is what I eat.....I haven't had any but I would like some....Its so yummy and good for you !
  • Marla64

Lubs ya

Oh yea and were you going for the wolf look in the pic? Sexy, smoldering and tough all at the same time. America's Top Model called and said your IN for this week!

Love it!:heart:

Well, aren't you so sweet -- actually, it was more pissed off, grumpy and depressed--

but yours works--
  • Girlmom282109
    Marla I like that pic no matter what face it is!!

It's almost 2 pm here and no sweets!! I even had sugar free syrup on my french toast this am. Sugar free gum is really helping. I got the sweet mint and it's just sweet enough of me.
This discussion has been closed.