Jillian's 30 Day Shred

Options

Replies

• elephantmeg
    elephantmeg Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    did day 8 level 1 last eve and made it through everything without stopping until the second set of arm raises/lunges. I missed 2 there. But def getting better! 2 more days on level 1!
  • Dragonfly11
    Dragonfly11 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday Shredders,
    Just finished day 10 level 2 - starting level 3 tomorrow!! I am going to give it a trial run sometime later on today so I don't hurt myself before work tomorrow. Can't believe it's already been 20 days on this program - it's been great thus far.
    Connie - hang in there girl! I love pie - can't see how you manage to bake it and not try a pie - what will power!!
    Meg- good for you - it feels so good to feel yourself getting stronger - keep it up!!

Will check back later,
    Janet:heart:
  • conniec13
    Options
    Happy Sunday Shredders,
    Just finished day 10 level 2 - starting level 3 tomorrow!! I am going to give it a trial run sometime later on today so I don't hurt myself before work tomorrow. Can't believe it's already been 20 days on this program - it's been great thus far.
    Connie - hang in there girl! I love pie - can't see how you manage to bake it and not try a pie - what will power!!
    Meg- good for you - it feels so good to feel yourself getting stronger - keep it up!!

Will check back later,

Janet
    It helps that I don't like apple pie.. I don't like cooked apples. I just like the way my house smells while its cooking.

Connie
  • liloneames267
    liloneames267 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Just did day 1 level 2. That was more intense that I thought, but I got through it. Actually looking forward to tomorrow.
  • Dragonfly11
    Options
    Checking back in amd I did give level 3 a test run tonight - suprisingly I actually made it through w/ out quitting!!!! Woo Hoo - that's not to say it didn't kick my a%@!! Wow!! Jillian does deliver - Listening to the music in level 3 confirms it - I now remember where I saw Anita - She was in Gunner Peterson's core secrets ball w/o , with the same music!!! She looks a little more ripped in this dvd thought. In the other one she was one of the tought ones to follow, kind of funny to see her doing the modified moves.

Anyway, level 3 begins oficially tomorrow!

Hope all are having a great night,
    Janet :heart:
  • marilla
    marilla Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Completed Day 4 Level 1 today. Still with the 3 pound weights and sticking with Anita.
  • meana717
    meana717 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, have kind of fallen of my wagon, but I've climbed back on. Knocked out Level 2 this morning... I want to say I'm ready to move on to Level 3. However, when I did attempt Level 3 I just didnt feel like I could do the moves right...especially that damn SUPERMAN! Ah, maybe another few days of Level 2...
  • Dragonfly11
    Options
    Hi Shredders,
    Happy Monday to everybody! Seems like Turkey Day is upon us and I am so trying to stay on track over the holidays and not allow this be the "reason" why I get behind... yet again:grumble: Slept in and won't hit my w/o until I get home - Official day 1 of level 3 and 20 min TJ on the plan for tonight.!!

Hope everybody is staying focused on the goal ~ we can do this!!

Will chack in later,
  • Dragonfly11
    Options
    Hi Shredders,
    Happy Monday to everybody! Seems like Turkey Day is upon us and I am so trying to stay on track over the holidays and not allow this be the "reason" why I get behind... yet again:grumble: Slept in and won't hit my w/o until I get home - Official day 1 of level 3 and 20 min TJ on the plan for tonight.!!

Hope everybody is staying focused on the goal ~ we can do this!!

Will chack in later,
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday! Janet - great job! I think you're the first among us to attempt (and complete) a level 3 workout! The award for consistency ought to go to you! :)

Amanda - glad to see you back! I know, it took a lecture from myself (to myself) to say "You've worked too hard at this to give up now" - so I'm re-doing level 2. It's much more bearable since I put a Lady Gaga CD on and turn the DVD volume to 0 (If I mute it, closed captioning pops up).... I'm thinking I"ll take Thursday and Friday off (I won't be home alone - and I only like doing it when I'm the only one here) - but will stay steady until then and will bounce back. Maybe by Sunday or Monday, I'll be attacking level 3.
  • meana717
    Options
    So I attacked...or it attacked me...level 2 again! I feel better...didn't want to do it at first, but half way through those lunges my endorphins kicked in! Thanks for the welcome back Smiles! Hope everyone has a spectacular shredded week!
  • Dragonfly11
    Options
    Hey Shred Family,
    Checking in, did level 3 day 1 and TJ20 min yesterday after work, Woo Hoo and level 3 day 2 already in the bag!! I will probably do it one more time before the day is through. I'm trying to double up on my exercises before the holiday because we're going to my in laws and I am really getting concerned that I won't be able to find the space to stay on track. Taking the portable dvd player with us and my dvds and weights and saying lots of prayers for support. Lot's of good Cajun food and rich desserts available - if anyone wants to share thier game plan for the holidays your tips would be appreciated!

Will Check in Later,
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    Great job Janet!!! How's level 3 treating you so far? How many days will you be spending at the in-laws? (That might make a difference regarding suggestions for getting through it...) My main thought is to come up with a motto that you can chant to yourself to remind yourself of your goals... remember how hard you've been working and how good you've been feeling, and ask yourself if an extra piece of pie is really worth it? That being said, Thanksgiving is only one day a year, so... give yourself enough room to fully enjoy it with your family and remember that life is about finding and keeping balance. If we occasionally swing too far in one direction, just remember to correct your course and you'll find balance again. Great job!

I just did level 2, and feeling strong! Going to try to do it tomorrow, will probably break from it on Thursday and Friday and pick it back up on Sat. Did Cardio Kickbox today too........ :)
  • InnerCutie
    Options
    arrrg Just bought the DVD today and started level one. Totally kicked my out of shape A%#! Only made it haft way through before my legs were shaking so bad and hurting and I gave up. Sorry I will give it a another try tomorrow.
  • meana717
    Options
    InnerCutie... It happened to almost all of us! And personally...it happened to me! Just do a little at a time and in no time you will be shredding through the whole circuit! And remember, just modify the moves a little, stick with Anita (as once again I did) and it won't hurt as much! Glad you joined us.

Way to go Smiles! I need to manage my time a little more so I can add in some extra workouts!

... i will tackle level 2 again when I get home after work!

Glad to see everyone sticking with it!
  • Dragonfly11
    Options
    Hey Everybody,
    just getting ready to wrap up the evening with 20 min TJ and then subway roast beef (my fave)!!!
    Glad to see everyone hanging in there and working out. It really helps me to think of you guys and how hard you all are working to keep me pushing on through!

Smiles - Thanks for your rncouraging words - what a great idea "a phrase to chant to myself" hmm I'm going to have to come up with a good one. You're right, one day isn't going to be such a big deal but the key word is balance. Level 3 is really challenging for me and I do have to modify 1 of the moves in order to keep up - but it's gettting better. The plank raises in the final ab circut are very hard for me to do so I have to do them w/ one knee bent!! Also the jumping jax w/ the dumbells are just nuts to me (w/ 5 lb dumbells) Can we say ouch!! But i'm gonna keep on trying.

Inner - Amanda is right ! I was shaking and a pool of sweat when I started this journey but it does get better. I too follow Anita during some of the moves that are too much for me right now and it really makes a diffference. You'll be getting through in no time :)

Well , I'd best get this booty moving while there's still a drop of energy left! Thank God for vaca!!

Have a great nite,
  • RockNRollWeekender
    Options
    I just finished week 1 with 30 day shred. I actually was checking out this board to see successes people have had with Jillian's program. So nice to find encouraging words from everyone.

Something I do personally is PUMP UP SOME TUNES! ♫ Now that I'm used to the workout and know what I'm doing. But I leave the volume on the dvd up just enough so I can hear Jillian say the things like "I know you wanna give up... This change isn't going to come easy" because she really says those at THE perfect times for me. Hopefully that'll help some of you freshen up the routine too.

:heart: Heather
  • InnerCutie
    Options
    I did it! I did it! Decided to give it another try after an a couple hours of rest. Those squats really had my legs just shaking trembling hard core, but it got better towards the end of the level with less squats. Just did Day One! level one!
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Forgot to post yesterday.... I got up at 5:30 a.m. and did Level 2... :noway: I still can't believe it, since I realllly like my sleep. :laugh: But I decided that if I want to enjoy eating this week, I need to keep my exercise going.

Monday was my birthday, so the eating started Sunday with dinner out and cupcakes at home. And it will continue through next weekend, I'm sure. The good news is my hubby got me Wii Fit Plus, so I'm adding that to my Shred routine. Hopefully, I will be able to maintain as we head into the holidays.

I'm so glad this thread is here to check in with - you all are doing great! :flowerforyou:
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    Yesterday, tried to get back on track after a pretty lousy weekend. I got about 15 miles on the bicycle Sunday, but otherwise my weekend sucked. I stayed under my cals but got no exercise. Yesterday I got to work early, got home in time to bicycle 10 miles before dark. Then i did something unbelievable.

Dig this: I fired up the old Kitchen Aid and made 4 real pie crusts, then did the pumpkin/condensed milk/et cetera thing and made 2 real pumpkin pies (I did use lite condensed milk). I went upstairs and did my weights routine 1st half,,, did 30 day shred level 2,,, and did the 2nd set of my weights, with a little extra here and there. WHILE THE PIES WERE IN THE OVEN!!! :laugh:

There's a special, wierd, creepy little corner of MFP hell, and I'm going there for that.

After exercise I also made sweet potato pie. Good good, and lighter than pumpkin. Need to try that with Splenda sometime.