Coffee is not breakfast.

Options

Replies

• cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I always eat breakfast but that's because I am a bear when I'm hungry and I'm grouchy enough in the morning. I don't think eating or not eating breakfast effects weight loss that dramatically. As long as you are at a reasonable deficit you'll lose. However I do think eating healthy and exercise are important.
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Josie_lifting_cats Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    :angry: :explode: ask her how many vitamins are in that coffee.I used to do the coffee only thing in the morning,and it just sets you up for failure. She should redefine breakfast for herself to fit her needs.

I add fat free half and half and sweetened condensed milk. It does have vitamins. So this response is invalid for many people.

And for the record, I am experiencing no failure whatsoever. It's not fair to state that because someone else does things in a way you don't do they are wrong and will never succeed.
  • CurveAppeal86
    CurveAppeal86 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Coffee tastes like butt, so I don't drink it anyway.

But, I'd be crazy without breakfast. It makes me feel much better!
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    How do you know?
  • AngryDiet
    AngryDiet Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    How do you know?

Or, that must be one curious butt.
  • saustin201
    saustin201 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I drink coffee with my breakfast of greek yogurt or a banana. However, I cannot eat before 9 or 10 in the morning otherwise I feel sick. Sometimes I don't eat anything for "breakfast".

If your coworker isn't hungry at breakfast time how is that your business? Just because you feel she should be eating something doesn't mean she wants to or can.

The problem your coworker may be having could be nothing related to food at all. It could be a medical issue.
  • MtnKat
    MtnKat Posts: 714
    Options
    I don't think coffee for breakfast is her issue.

The two cheeseburgers and large basket of fries (or insert whatever fast food here) for lunch is probably the culprit.
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    coffee was breakfast today :)
  • AngryDiet
    AngryDiet Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Sorry for opening a whole new can of worms here, but I just had a coffee for my post lunch snack.
  • dinkydudette
    Options
    I like to relax when I eat my breakfast, so hate having to rush it if I'm late for work. :( sometimes coffee is the only thing available that I can have whilst sitting down.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,453 Member
    Options
    :tongue:
    big (but still healthy) breakfast, small lunch, smaller dinner. it's more likely that you'll burn calories BEFORE dinner than after.
    I burn calories all day long, all night while sleeping, and I continue burning them the next morning too!

Me too!! :laugh: I mean, if I stopped burning calories after dinner - wouldn't that make me... ummm... dead?
  • GnochhiGnomes
    GnochhiGnomes Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't count coffee as breakfast unless it contained more than 100+ calories.
  • A_Shannigans
    A_Shannigans Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Isn't breakfast really just the 1st meal you eat on a given day?
  • shaynak112
    shaynak112 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Coffee does jump start your metabolism. That being said, no, it isn't a good breakfast. Most people don't believe that.
  • sevencallmemom
    sevencallmemom Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I put protein powder in my coffee and call it breakfast most mornings. The strawberry is surprisingly good with coffee. LOL
  • jfan175
    jfan175 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I find it ironic that almost all of the people that say breakfast is necessary appear overweight. (I'm not referring to those here that say breakfast works for them but may not work for others.)
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    If she puts enough milk in it, it can be. :wink:

That's what I was gonna say!
  • stonebreaker143
    Options
    no coffee is not breakfast. what you need to do is when you wake up have a full glass of WATER - your body is dehydrated when you wake up. also coffee dehydrates. i can't eat as soon as i wake up but i have heard you should eat within the hour of waking up. i tend to do that so i eat my breakfast at work.
  • Hendrix7
    Hendrix7 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    You are totally correct. In an ideal world, breakfast would be your biggest meal of the day, and meals would decrease in size as the day goes on.

Breakfast jump-starts your metabolism and gets it working, as does eating regularly (snacks and meals spaced out by 3-4 hours).

trollololololololloolo

Please explain what jump-starting your metabolism means.
  • KALMdown
    KALMdown Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, that's why I like eating it for dinner. :D