August a Month of Mini Challenges!

Options

Replies

• Ambie213
    Ambie213 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I am going to do 300 =) Thanks for the challenge!

Ambitious!

lol! Just a bit! I have been doing 500 crunches every other day, and it is really paying off! Today is my off day, but I really want to challenge myself.

But, you will see ZERO extra ambition on push up day, lol! They are not my fav.

Wow! 500! Do you just do regular crunches or do you mix them up with bicycle, reverse, etc? I don't mind crunches and could see myself doing something like that!
  • Stinkerbelle84
    Options
    Ambie - I started out doing regular, and now I do mix in as many different types as possible. I love crunches. I actually forgot how much I love doing them. And they work! I wore a tight little black dress with NO SPANX last night for the first time in three years. I was thrilled =)
  • athenagv
    athenagv Posts: 63
    Options
    So, for everyone who doesn't have an abundence of time for workouts, Melly Mel and I are putting together a month of mini challenges. If you would like participate, feel free to! Weigh ins are every Wednesday and feel free to modify if necessary!

1st - 100 Jumping Jacks
    2nd - 100 Crunches
    3rd - 50 Chair Presses
    4th - 35 minutes of any Cardio (dancing, running, swimming, etc)
    5th - 30 push ups, 30, leg raises and 20 minutes of Cardio
    6th - 100 squats

I will update as we go along.

I'm obviously in !! Weighing in at 156.5 !!

I am totally in!! I've been following Stinkerbelle8 and adding in my own! This is gonna be great :)
  • kristen807
    kristen807 Posts: 361
    Options
    Ambie - I started out doing regular, and now I do mix in as many different types as possible. I love crunches. I actually forgot how much I love doing them. And they work! I wore a tight little black dress with NO SPANX last night for the first time in three years. I was thrilled =)

can't wait until i can go spanx-less!
  • MidgeN27
    MidgeN27 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    100 crunches DONE!
  • meganiross
    Options
    I'm in - put them on my google calendar, since MFP mobile doesn't let you check message boards. Thanks for posting several days' worth in advance for those of us mainly using the mobile app!

SW: 230 - after 2 week vacation where I didn't log food, and didn't gain a pound back. Want to lose another 75#!
  • kristen807
    Options
    yeah, i have the app as well! I will try and do a week in advance for each one.
  • kristen807
    Options
    100 crunches DONE!

Good Job!
  • JessyJ03
    JessyJ03 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Still trying to catch up on jumping jacks. Have 20 done so far. Hoping to get the crunches in too today.

Are we doing a weekly weigh in or just doing it at the end of the month?
  • kristen807
    Options
    Still trying to catch up on jumping jacks. Have 20 done so far. Hoping to get the crunches in too today.

Are we doing a weekly weigh in or just doing it at the end of the month?

weekly, but if you want to do every other week or the end of the month that is fine!
  • FFF2015
    FFF2015 Posts: 21
    Options
    I am in!
  • tdandmd
    tdandmd Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I missed yesterday's weigh in, so I'll get next Wednesday's but today was 131.2, so that's my starting.

Got my crunches done!

Tiffany
  • melanielb73
    melanielb73 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Got my crunches in today
  • vguynes
    vguynes Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    100 Jumping Jacks and 100 Crunches done today after work!
  • mollyvon
    mollyvon Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Just saw this, I am in. I am going to try and get some crunches in before midnight. I will use today's wt of 139.4 as my starting wt.
    Update: just finished the crunches, and I sure can feel the burn.
  • 2shoes123
    2shoes123 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I am in. Happy for the challenge. My beginning weight is 166.
  • kelgwin36
    kelgwin36 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Day two done!!! I did do day one yesterday... just didn't post. Thanks!!
  • kristen807
    Options
    Good luck on the chair presses today....I will probably do 5 sets of 10. lol
  • kristen807
    Options
    Week 2

I will try and post about a week early for those who cannot get to a computer to see the message board everyday and are using the myfitnesspal app. I will also remind the day of what the exercise is and how many on my news feed.

7th - Hip Lift Progressions http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/workout/butt/exercises/our-top-10-exercises-to-tone-your-butt/
    8th - WEIGH IN 1 min to 3 min of Inch Worms http://www.acefitness.org/exerciselibrary/254/inchworms
    9th - Hoop Jumps 1 to 2 mins (like you are shooting a basketball, as fast as you can)
    10th - One Arm Tricep Pushups 8-12 reps each side http://exercise.about.com/od/exerciseworkouts/ss/tricepexercises_6.htm
    11th - Crunches 100 and 25 mins of any Cardio
    12th - 35 mins of any Cardio
    13th - Back extensions 1-3 sets of 10-16 reps http://exercise.about.com/od/exerciseworkouts/ss/backexercises_10.htm
  • Stinkerbelle84
    Options
    Week 2 looks super exciting!!!