August a Month of Mini Challenges!

Options

Replies

• mollyvon
    mollyvon Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Got home from work and started today's challenge. Oh my, push ups were a challenge for sure. I started with 15in a row, then could only do 10 in a row, then had to resort to doing only 5 in a row. So I would do 5, followed by 10 leg lifts, then repeat that series until I had finished 50 of each. I still have to do my 20 minutes of cardio yet.
  • JessyJ03
    JessyJ03 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    I got my 20 mins of cardio doing circuit training

Ball Slams
    Battle Ropes
    Medicine ball twist
    Med ball toss
    and step ups with a med ball

Did this 2x

I went for Leg press instead of leg lifts, did 24

Push ups are not something I'm able to do yet but I might sub that for crunches if I feel up to it later.

GO GO GO people you guys are awesome.
  • kristen807
    kristen807 Posts: 361
    Options
    great job everyone! we are in this together. it is our group so if you want to take the run of some of the days and submit your own challenges to the group please feel free! I will definately make a list of what everyone wants to see.
  • kristen807
    Options

Ball Slams
    Battle Ropes
    Medicine ball twist
    Med ball toss

Did this 2x

Push ups are not something I'm able to do yet but I might sub that for crunches if I feel up to it later.

that is wonderful! keep at it girlfriend
  • kellystacy424
    Options
    The only exercise I have to catch up on yet are the chair lifts. I love challenges, they are such great motivators!
  • Ambie213
    Ambie213 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Got my 20 mins cardio in (had to jog from one church to the other since the first one ran late) and then just some basic jump jacks, jumprope, etc at home. Also got the leg lifts and crunches done! Love these challenges!
  • mollyvon
    mollyvon Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Got home from work and started today's challenge. Oh my, push ups were a challenge for sure. I started with 15in a row, then could only do 10 in a row, then had to resort to doing only 5 in a row. So I would do 5, followed by 10 leg lifts, then repeat that series until I had finished 50 of each. I still have to do my 20 minutes of cardio yet.

Cardio done. Good night all.
  • TimeWasterGirl
    Options
    A week late, but I'm in! :)
  • healthykae
    healthykae Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Twenty mins of cardio in! Not looking forward to 100 Squats!
  • kristen807
    Options
    squat day today c:
  • MizzIcy
    MizzIcy Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I am just seeing this Challenge, disappointed I missed last week... but it is never to late. I am definitely in.
  • missmayeb
    missmayeb Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I have to catch up on Sunday (I went to a movie instead) but that's good, needed the break!
  • MellyMelx23o
    Options
    Week 2

I will try and post about a week early for those who cannot get to a computer to see the message board everyday and are using the myfitnesspal app. I will also remind the day of what the exercise is and how many on my news feed.

7th - Hip Lift Progressions http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/workout/butt/exercises/our-top-10-exercises-to-tone-your-butt/
    8th - WEIGH IN 1 min to 3 min of Inch Worms http://www.acefitness.org/exerciselibrary/254/inchworms
    9th - Hoop Jumps 1 to 2 mins (like you are shooting a basketball, as fast as you can)
    10th - One Arm Tricep Pushups 8-12 reps each side http://exercise.about.com/od/exerciseworkouts/ss/tricepexercises_6.htm
    11th - Crunches 100 and 25 mins of any Cardio
    12th - 35 mins of any Cardio
    13th - Back extensions 1-3 sets of 10-16 reps http://exercise.about.com/od/exerciseworkouts/ss/backexercises_10.htm

I see this week being a complete fail...
  • Ambie213
    Ambie213 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    100 squats are done!
  • athenagv
    athenagv Posts: 63
    Options

Ball Slams
    Battle Ropes
    Medicine ball twist
    Med ball toss

Did this 2x

that is wonderful! keep at it girlfriend

This is so awesome!!! Excellent Job :D
  • athenagv
    athenagv Posts: 63
    Options
    My 100 squats are done for the day! Got up at 4:30 am this morning to get things started!
    Dig my 100 squats, 100 crunches, 100 pushups, 30 leg lifts each and then 1 1/2 mile run!

The best start to a morning in a very long time! :happy:
  • kristen807
    Options
    I hurt in places I didn't even know I had places... :)
  • Stinkerbelle84
    Options
    100 Squats are done.
  • MidgeN27
    MidgeN27 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Squats done also 100 crunches done today!
  • kristen807
    Options
    How is everyone making out? End of week one yay!