Does your Profile Picture affect how People perceive You ?

Options

Replies

• sazzyp1973
    sazzyp1973 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    it was the first pic I posted on here and I never changed it. It was the most recent I have. I gave no thought to what it perceived to others. What does my pic say to you?!!
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    i use the pic i have because it is the most recent pic of me (taken in february)
  • ianlikesholidays
    ianlikesholidays Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hi
    My picture shows me doing something I love. Maybe there are others on MFP with the same interest.
    Ian.
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    Of course it does. I picked mine purely because I'm vain and I think I look pretty in it. :-P

Also, congratulations on the correct use of affect rather than effect.
  • lillauraseymour
    lillauraseymour Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Because I finally a slim face!!
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    I can relate to my avatar. I have always had a big (but shapely) backside and have always been proud of it, despite the crtiical comments of others - and I thought this picture reflected that pride :happy:

I have no idea whether it affects the way folks perceive me - and TBH I don't really care!

I hate your avatar because of the poor spelling and grammar in it lol
  • Lsufan22
    Lsufan22 Posts: 33
    Options
    That picture is hilarious!

Here is another.

http://imgur.com/gallery/Flj7X

Edit.. apparently i cant reply correctly.... In regards to the creature on the branch.
  • kimmianne89
    kimmianne89 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    it was the first pic I posted on here and I never changed it. It was the most recent I have. I gave no thought to what it perceived to others. What does my pic say to you?!!

That you're a happy, smiley person with nice hair :D haha
  • BillyPinky
    BillyPinky Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I am not sure. I just like to put up a normal picture of myself. How are you perceiving my picture?

It's a lovely picture. You come across at normal and nice. :)
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Some people were getting on me about not finding the flat stomach/4-6-8 pack ab avatars motivating, so I had my husband take a picture of my fat gut. I don't find my gut inspiring, either; it's more of a "suck it" protest.
  • 2dayirun4me
    2dayirun4me Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    IDK you tell me !!!
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    Um.. I don't know. Someone asked me if this was my mom face. Yes, it is. My face is stuck like that. :)
  • Regina813
    Options
    My husband says that I Need to get in shape, I said I already am, Rounds a shape isn't it?
  • sazzyp1973
    sazzyp1973 Posts: 517 Member
    Options

That you're a happy, smiley person with nice hair :D haha

Ah, bless you, thanks. Looking great in your photo too. ps - little reminder, have a glass of water!!!
  • tinksmommy2006
    Options
    Yep it does.

No reason.
    Liar :)
  • Allie_71
    Allie_71 Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    I change mine cuz I get bored with it. Or if I want to show something that I've achieved in it I change it as well. Yesterday it was a bunny. I...don't even know why.
  • tinksmommy2006
    Options
    Idk if mine make any kind of impression on people. I only take pics of myself when I am happy so if they do feel something about my pics then I hope they feel happy seeing a smile:)
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping people perceive that that's 100 lbs, baby!
  • Angie_1MR
    Angie_1MR Posts: 247
    Options
    because I'm proud of my hard work! lots of sweat and pain goes into lookin' this good! ha ha :laugh:
  • BillyPinky
    BillyPinky Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Idk if mine make any kind of impression on people. I only take pics of myself when I am happy so if they do feel something about my pics then I hope they feel happy seeing a smile:)

You do look happy. Job well done :)