Does your Profile Picture affect how People perceive You ?

Options

Replies

• sandrajune72
    Options
    Hmmmm....tricky one this!! :laugh:

I just chose a picture that actually shows what I look like. I like honesty.
  • DoomCakes
    DoomCakes Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    I picked mine because I post from work for one. For two, it's my fave video game character and when I hit my goal weight will be my first cosplay.

I don't think it makes anyone percieve anything really about me... unless they think I'm a game freak or something lol
  • jenn30lee
    Options
    I'm sure that it does. We all know that judging a book by its cover could lead us to a very misguided judgment though.
  • Hambone23
    Hambone23 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    What do I portray?

Like you'd Like to Teach the World to Sing in a 70s Coca Cola commercial? Or maybe a cult where everyone wears white? (I kid.) :wink:
  • BillyPinky
    BillyPinky Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    What do I portray?

The Walton's ?
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    I picked mine because he's the handsomest little boy I know :heart:
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    yup it does...but i'm damn proud of my collarbone...and if people really wanted to see what I look like...before, during and all that jazz...they can look at my other pics on my profile...

but man that collarbone....loving it!
  • RozayJones
    RozayJones Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I can relate to my avatar. I have always had a big (but shapely) backside and have always been proud of it, despite the crtiical comments of others - and I thought this picture reflected that pride :happy:

I have no idea whether it affects the way folks perceive me - and TBH I don't really care!

I LOVE this quote! I don't think I could have said it any better!!!!
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    When people look at my profile picture they think I am just a sexy beast.....but I am so much more than that.
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    <--- It's me
  • marieautumn
    marieautumn Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    hmm i'm not sure. my profile picture is just me...so i dont think there is any secret message there?
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    Bc I'm proud of my back!
  • heddylyn
    heddylyn Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Because My 5 year old son took it.
  • Celestialfairie
    Options
    I picked mine because I post from work for one. For two, it's my fave video game character and when I hit my goal weight will be my first cosplay.

I don't think it makes anyone percieve anything really about me... unless they think I'm a game freak or something lol

I totally can one hundred percent relate to this. :D
  • AreneeG31
    AreneeG31 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    my pics are always of me....what you see is what you get.
  • dougt333
    dougt333 Posts: 697
    Options
    I chose the only few pictures I have of myself and rotate them.
  • marie_cressman
    marie_cressman Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    Today mine is my kids because it's my son's first day of 1st grade! Yay! LOL

Normally, I just choose pictures I like of myself. No rocket science behind the why. :) I just like them.
  • bella_babe_86
    bella_babe_86 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I've always wondered what peoples first impressions are from that one picture. Personally I dont put much thought into the picture itself, its just so rare that I find a decent picture of myself and when they do come along I like to show them off!
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    I am sure it does for some people....

My picture is just my best & most recent picture of me...Of course I love that my youngest son is in it too...I would love to get one with me and both of my boys....I don't photograph very well, so I only have a few decent ones with me in it for now...I hope that changes soon!! :)
  • AnitaVolpato
    AnitaVolpato Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Yes, I get more friend request when I have a picture of myself up when I was thinner and had weave down my back... .LOL

The pic up now is current.... this is what you get!