Does your Profile Picture affect how People perceive You ?

Options

Replies

• MsDivineM
    Options
    My pic is from New Years Eve this year, before any weight lose! That dress, no longer fits like that, it now needs to be altered in order to wear it! I felt so beautiful in the pic, that's why its still my profile pic!
  • Hambone23
    Hambone23 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I know profile pics affect how /I/ view other people, so I assume it works the other way around. I thought I'd be all honest and post a real facial pic when I first joined. Then I got sick of looking at myself. So now I usually go with a profile pic that reflects my sense of humor or something I find amusing. A lot of times the humor has to do with being fat. I figure if you can't laugh at yourself, then you're taking life--and yourself--too damn seriously.
  • AwesomeMoJo
    AwesomeMoJo Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    I am sure everyone's profile picture affects how they are perceived....

I change mine up often...I have a silly picture, a picture with my family, pictures of just me, they all represent different parts of who I am....

Some people share their family, some share what they want to look like, some have their "before" pictures, everyone shares a little piece of who they are with the profile picture....
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Yes, I think my pictures convey my personality. I am friendly so I try to pick pictures where I am smiling....and of course where I look my best...lol
  • SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    I just felt liberated in mine. I was taking pictures of myself in a bathing suit and I didn't feel like a complete idiot or like I weighed a ton... Besides, I was smiling!

What do you think my picture says about me?
  • george29223
    george29223 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    yeah i try to pick up chicks with mine
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    I change mine depending on my mood!
  • SabrinaLC
    SabrinaLC Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I chose mine because I like it, I thought it was cute.
    I guess people might think i'm cute from the picture or they may not.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    Yes it does, whether a person intentionally tries toproject a certain image or not. I don't care enough to change mine for every mood, I picked mine cause it was after my 2nd marathon and a proud moment for me.
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    I've never really thought about it. I try to show off my progress and mine is my most recent photo of my body. I'm just proud of how far I've come and so close to the end. I honestly don't care how people see it, I'm sure the more conservative of people who don't like bikini's will not like it and classify me under the unmodest category, but I never claimed to be a modest person haha.
  • 0somuchbetter0
    0somuchbetter0 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    I don't know how my profile pic affects how people perceive me -- how about some of you tell me?

I picked this pic because at the time I had just had lap band surgery and I wasn't allowed to eat any raw vegs or fruit yet (still healing, too hard to digest) and I missed them so much! Strawberries were just coming into season and I was jonesin' for them.

I generally don't change my profile pics once I've settled on one. My FB pic has been the same for years...same with LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.
  • dereksmb
    dereksmb Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Based off feedback I've gotten via messages I would say yes... yes it does. Either way it's staying, I need the motivation to continue my cut even though my strength continues to dwindle every week. Why can't bulkier builds be the "norm" in society I like getting stronger in the gym grr.
  • missym357
    missym357 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I change my pic to suit my mood. I like this pic because it shows off my legs- many years of dancing have been put into those legs and I think they look pretty darned good.:)
  • Treesy72
    Treesy72 Posts: 230
    Options
    I just like to see my collar bones.....They make me happy! :tongue:
  • HulkDiesel77
    HulkDiesel77 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Good question............I will let you know if I get any friend requests lol
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    Someone on this site msged me to tell me I probably attract crazy people in person because Im crazy because of my upsidedown yoga pic. Since they were so offended I needed to find something worse.
  • DLKeeble
    DLKeeble Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    What do I portray?
  • DarkNebula84
    DarkNebula84 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I have no clue how people perceive me......
  • petite_boleyn
    Options
    My profile picture makes it seem like I've got a boyfriend.

Nope, that's my ex. It's a recent picture, and uh...yeah still kind of in love with him. I love the picture of me though, I think I look good in it.
  • southpaw211
    southpaw211 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    If people perceive me as the most awesome, intelligent and affectionate lab-human that has ever existed, then yes. Because that's who she was. :wink: