Does your Profile Picture affect how People perceive You ?

Options

Replies

• petiteLady89
    petiteLady89 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    My profile picture is who I am no make up, faults and all. Plus, I don't like pictures of my self, so this is the most recent I could find.
  • dezi718
    dezi718 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    probably. I'm holding a beer, so I'm sure some people make assumptions about me based on that alone.

I chose it b/c it's the most recent pic of me at a 311 concert...and I :heart: 311! :drinker:
  • tambink
    tambink Posts: 349
    Options
    I really dont know what people get from my profile Im just happy that I am 130 pounds less in this picture
  • sarahlucydaynes26
    Options
    My picture is doing something I love.... Spending time with my beautiful Nanny :)) <3
  • Peta22
    Peta22 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    The funny thing with my profile pic is that I just found it on my cell phone that I saved a long long time ago. And, I just laugh everytime that I see it. My Pic has been blank for quite some time though

Hopefully it makes other's laugh as well. No rotations yet

I LOVE you profile pic! I first saw this a few years ago and I opened it up everytime I felt down... It never failed to make me giggle :)
  • PatMarkham
    Options
    I notice my friends change their profile pics. So I joined the trend and changed to a photo that is NOT of me but rather something I like.
  • andivaclavicek
    Options
    I've been wanting one of these shirts forever. So now you all have to look at it. :bigsmile:
  • OnionMomma
    OnionMomma Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Mine is me and my son. I gave up alot to get him healthy as he had lots of medical issues when he was born.

I gave up a full time job, worked nights (after staying home for almost a year), my body was wrecked from being a "nurse" to him 24/7. I was also in fabulous shape too before him.

Since I worked soo hard to get him healthy, my body took the toll.

Now it's my turn to get healthy. So, I have his picture there to remind myself everyday, that life is short, things happen we don't expect. You put on your big girl panties and deal with it.
  • Peta22
    Peta22 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Oh - as for my profile pic? It makes me feel good... As does the dress when I put it on :) However, its an amazingly flattering dress and a flattering pose so I think its a bit of false confidence really... I keep telling myself that when I'm tempted to start eating atuff I shouldn't have!
  • mminor77
    mminor77 Posts: 313
    Options
    I finally put some pics of me up because I got tired of people asking me what I really look like. Before I had my dog and a place I went to in Key West as my PP. I guess people enjoy putting a face to the smart *kitten* comments. :laugh:
  • blonde71
    blonde71 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    I change my profile pic to reflect my progress. I'd say yes and no. People who aren't on my FL seem to think that I look like I do in my profile pic ALL the time. They don't realize that's how I look MAYBE 1% of the time, seriously. My friends here know there's a real personality behind the profile pic and that I'm just a regular girl next-door, actually.
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    I don't really mind what anyone thinks about mine but I quite like my face...when I have some great abs I'm going to put them up instead! :)
  • DiannaMoorer
    DiannaMoorer Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    I'm not normally into airplanes but this one is pretty cool! And I was on vacation and having a blast. It looks like I'm holding it up in the picture.
  • Icelandic_Saga
    Icelandic_Saga Posts: 2,926 Member
    Options
    I'm just starting to be pleased with the way I look in a bikini!! :D
  • Meg_78
    Meg_78 Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    I change my pics to reflect my mood, or for fun, or sometimes for theme days or to show progress (or current lack of) but different pics definitely do elicit different reactions from people, and esp in the kinds of FR's I get. I tend to prefer body shots.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    I finally put some pics of me up because I got tired of people asking me what I really look like.
    THIS, and I finally had a more recent picture that I didn't hate. I'm usually the person taking the pictures, so I'm rarely in them, and haven't gotten into the 'self pics in the bathroom mirror' trend yet'....

I don't know if it changes people's perception of me or not, but I used to have a Nike runner ad up with a black lady and some of my friends didn't notice the text on the ad and were surprised I was white when I finally put a real one up :laugh:
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    I don't know what other peoples thoughts are, but I think mine may frighten people away.
  • Icelandic_Saga
    Icelandic_Saga Posts: 2,926 Member
    Options
    I don't know what other peoples thoughts are, but I think mine may frighten people away.

I like pirates :)
  • danwood2
    danwood2 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    That picture is hilarious!

Here is another.

http://imgur.com/gallery/Flj7X

Edit.. apparently i cant reply correctly.... In regards to the creature on the branch.

heh, THANKS!
  • b14a3w3
    b14a3w3 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Mine is my before picture since I just started MFP 10 days ago and Fitbit yesterday. I will update when things really change. You all look beautiful/handsome and I'm glad to see the real you.....all you jokers too....love the 'make me smile' pictures.