What is your number 1 reason to get fit?

Options
Everyone has reasons why they are here, logging everything they put in their mouths and every minute they spend sweating their tushies off. But what is your number 1 reason? Health scare? Was asked when you were due, and you're not pregnant? Plus size clothes suck? Want to be there for your kid's wedding one day?

For me, and yes this is a completely vein reason, I want to look sexy. I want a body that I can be looked at naked and look hot. Yes there are other reasons like health, but my number 1 is what it is.

Replies

• CaseyCrafter
    Options
    To fit into smaller jeans :)
  • skinnyfithealthyme
    Options
    To look hawt in my birthday suit
  • Tina0807
    Tina0807 Posts: 212
    Options

Girl, you already look hot.
  • skinnyfithealthyme
    Options

Girl, you already look hot.

Well so do you! :blushing:
  • Tina0807
    Options
    To fit into smaller jeans :)
    See that goes along with my "sexy look" reason. At least I'm not the only one.
  • Sockimobi
    Sockimobi Posts: 541
    Options
    I don't want to hit 40 and have a list of health issues that I could have avoided.
  • TonyM1984
    TonyM1984 Posts: 267
    Options
    My 7 month old baby!
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    22425060_726.jpg
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    I met a fantastic man who changed my life. He loves me, completely, no matter what. He thinks I am beautiful and perfect and has since the moment we met. I have never truly loved myself. I looked at myself in photos and in the mirror and thought, "I should love myself that much. I want to feel beautiful, I want to be the best I can be."
  • dlwyatt82
    dlwyatt82 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    I have a 7-week-old daughter. It seems like there's a "motivation switch" in my brain that got flipped as soon as I found out my wife was pregnant; I don't want my child to have a 400lb dad as a role model.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    My reasons have changed as I've gone thorugh the last 2.5+ years... At first it was just about losing weight/getting skinny.

Then it was about being able to do more and challenging myself - walking faster/farther, running, getting stronger, being able to do housework without being exhausted, increasing my balance (I'm such a clutz, this is important! LOL), etc.

And yes, it's also about looking better. I've got a lot of loose skin that I'd like to tighten up and I know that means less fat and more muscle. Plus, I'd love to have at least some abs showing! :)
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    My main reason is vanity but it all ties into having a better life...

Looking good gives me confidence which makes me feel good which makes me smile more which makes me happier which makes me less stressed which makes me have more sex which makes me even more happier which.. well I could go on forever.

Being fit = better life
  • Berto0391
    Berto0391 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    If I'm going to live to 60+ then I don't want to fell like crap all the time with tons of health issues.
  • Tina0807
    Options
    My main reason is vanity but it all ties into having a better life...

Looking good gives me confidence which makes me feel good which makes me smile more which makes me happier which makes me less stressed which makes me have more sex which makes me even more happier which.. well I could go on forever.

Being fit = better life

I am so with you there! Especially the better sex. Sex is the main reason I do yoga!
  • Tina0807
    Options
    If I'm going to live to 60+ then I don't want to fell like crap all the time with tons of health issues.

This is probably my biggest number 2. I don't want to live long just to take a pharmacy of meds to be healthy.
  • ChrisRS87
    ChrisRS87 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Get more attractive girls
  • Tina0807
    Options
    Get more attractive girls

Um, Honey, unless you have the personality of a wall I see no problem with you getting attractive girls....just sayin
  • dereksmb
    dereksmb Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    “No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training…what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.”
    -Socrates

My good friend Socrates had it right. I simply want to be as strong, fast, and as good looking as my body will naturally allow.
  • maroonmango211
    maroonmango211 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I want to love myself. BUT if I were to explain the complete vain attitude behind it I NEVER want to hear "you look hot, for a mother of 2' again. I just want to be hot for being hot :P
  • ladyfox1979
    ladyfox1979 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    To prove that family genes have nothing to do with me being fat. By my age most of the women on both sides of my family are overweight. So far I am beating genetics