What is your number 1 reason to get fit?

Options

Replies

• wymanic
    wymanic Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Keeping up with my children (4 & 2 year-olds have so much energy!)
  • iana_cass
    iana_cass Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    To remove all excuses, for myself and those around me
  • Toxictwist
    Toxictwist Posts: 274
    Options
    Other then being Healthy....

my 10 year Grad reunion. Surprise everyone that hasn't seen me
  • Rinkermann
    Rinkermann Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    i've been overweight most of my life. as a kid i was really obese, then i lost a fair bit and went through my late teens and 20s being just generally overweight. not obese, just always out of shape and 20-25lbs more than i should've been. my main issue was that i had no idea what a balanced diet was, and MFP has taught me. i used to go on diets, but what i thought was healthy eating was too strict and my diet would soon falter or i would get migraines simply from not eating enough. im 28 now, and i'd like to reach my potential by 30ish.

my reason is just that im sick of being out of shape and sick of having a bad self body image. looking in the mirror becomes depressing, and having clothes you feel too fat to wear becomes depressing. you just generally don't feel good about yourself, feel uncomfortable being in photographs etc.

obviously there are benefits to losing weight, such as being more attractive. your body changes, your confidence goes up and your body language changes. its a positive cycle. already i've noticed huge differences in the way the opposite sex respond to me, wherever i happen to be. im not saying these women are all over me, or that im taking a different girl back to my place every night (i wouldn't want to do that anyway), im just saying they make eye contact, smile and generally notice that i exist.

i also like to play sports, and it's a lot more enjoyable when you're not carrying extra weight. i still have a way to go, but i've lost 20lbs on here and that's already made a big enough difference that i go for a run or swim for fun. i mean, it's not torture any more.
  • BeingAwesome247
    BeingAwesome247 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    I don't wanna be jiggly lol
    I'm already a bossy, my-way-or-the-highway single mom....I can't be chubby too! :laugh: :wink:
  • CrystalDreams
    CrystalDreams Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I have two very powerful motivations. the first is I want to look good. Like really good. Seriously, REALLY GOOD!:blushing: lol The second, and I feel equally a strongly about this, I want to know that if a world ending/zombie Apocalypse/ hunger games future/ or natural disaster situation arrises, I will be SO READY to survive.
  • rachellem86
    rachellem86 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    To feel comfortable in my own skin again
  • _Christine_
    _Christine_ Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    To tie my shoes without having to sit up to catch my breath.

Till then I'll wear flip flops.
  • Eisskween
    Eisskween Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    To be able to dance at all four of my grandchildren's weddings, and maybe get to meet and hold some of my great grandchildren. :happy:
  • queenofgrey
    queenofgrey Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    health & all of that, sure. but, honestly, more than anything, so i never have to hear, "don't worry, someone will settle for you one day," or anything similar ever again.
  • mikeyboy
    mikeyboy Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    To look better in my next mugshots!
  • eddie8131
    eddie8131 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I have to be honest. It's first to be hot both in and out of my clothes to my wife. Health and not suffering a painful death is a close second.

Having said that, I have seen so many people completely stop their healthy ways once they did find a significant other. So I suppose the "right" thing to do is to do it for ourselves and for our health but that is easier said than done, so I don't judge anyone negatively for that.
  • deadgirl81
    deadgirl81 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I'm sick of looking like a lump and feeling inadequate (around every single woman I seem to know!!!
  • Exquizyt
    Exquizyt Posts: 33
    Options
    To look good, and to be healthy!

I am soooooooo close to my goal weight (3lbs to go) and I feel GOOD! :glasses:
  • tinksmommy2006
    Options
    yummy.jpg

I get to have sex with that every night...i want to turn him on the way he turns me on just by looking :love: :blushing:
  • cyclingben
    cyclingben Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    confidence
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    Happiness.

I had very bad psychotic depression before I started exercising, and now it is completely gone. I also now have a goal, a direction and a purpose in life :)
  • OfficiallySexyVal
    OfficiallySexyVal Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    To feel better about myself, so along the lines of looking good naked and just overall feeling sexy!

I also have a 1yo little boy and I want him to have a healthy momma to run around with!
  • jenniet04
    jenniet04 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    1. Health reasons - I don't have any issue and I don't want any that my parent have
    2. pure vanity!
  • Adriana_18
    Options
    skinny bride :)