What is your number 1 reason to get fit?

Options

Replies

• TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    I am 41 and suspect I am going through a midlife crisis ;)

It's cheaper than a sports car ...
  • FiercelyBeautiful
    FiercelyBeautiful Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    FOR MYSELF! To be the person I really am and not let my physical appearence hold me back from being the mother, wife, friend, and daughter of God I was fearfully and purposefully created to be! Despising yourself is no way to live so I decided to do something about it!
  • LilMissSunshine_
    Options
    Just ta look gooooood nekky!
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    I am short. When I gain weight I look like an Oompa Loompa
  • LaVonda47
    Options
    To be around for my beautiful granddaughter, the love of my life.
  • ChrisRS87
    ChrisRS87 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Get more attractive girls

Um, Honey, unless you have the personality of a wall I see no problem with you getting attractive girls....just sayin

Is the wall covered with a mural?

I suppose you're right, I don't have a problem meeting/talking to them. And that was my primary goal when I started off years ago, but I guess now I know that I can still get into even better shape, so why not?
  • Eleisabelle
    Options
    To do everything in my power to avoid the heart disease that is so prevalent in my family.
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Health
  • WILSO190
    Options
    I want to feel more confident with my body and enjoy shopping again. I had two kids and they did a number on my tummy :( i want to be able to wear form fitting clothes again and feel sexy around my husband. I dread shopping because nothing fits right anymore and I used to love to shop. I'm not obese but could tone up a bit.
  • AmberLeighD
    Options
    Lost my dad in 2006 to diabetes... but the switch went off in Aug 2010 when I lost a guy I was sweet on due to weight related health issues on the same weekend my dad had passed away.. and I pledged I wouldn't let their lives be for nothing, one look at the scale that day, and my daughter, and I kicked my journey into high speed.
  • lilschrec0007
    Options
    For my fiance. Have to be fit and ready for the wedding!
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    Freedom!
  • dadzpeach
    dadzpeach Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I had a heart scare back in October... I'm 23.... that was scary...
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    In everything I've done, it's always been to improve my strength, improve my skill, improve my fitness levels, improve my understanding, improve my flexibility, improve my endurance, improve my memory, improve my critical thinking, improve my knowledge... however the only reason I signed up to MFP was to improve how I look. It's all very shallow... and I'm actually enjoying the journey.
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    First and foremost, to feel better about myself. I don't like looking in the mirror and criticizing.
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    I want to get fit b/c I want IT ALL!! :laugh:

1. Be here for my boys for as long as possible.

2. I want to be healthy (kind of goes with 1)

3. I want to throw out my 2 digit size clothes so I will have room in my closets!!

4. I want to look and feel sexy again so I can do #5.

5. I want to go out and feel confident and secure!!

I am sure there are a few more reasons but that is all I got for now. :happy:
  • karawRN
    karawRN Posts: 311
    Options
    i just wanna be sexy.
  • JoniBologna
    JoniBologna Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    To gain self confidence!
  • MayMaydoesntrun
    MayMaydoesntrun Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    To live forever...well, until I die, but I hope it's atleast 60 years from now!
  • africaa
    africaa Posts: 228
    Options
    I have two that tie to number 1:

to be healthy & to look great on my 21st bday! :)