Dear God, please give me a thigh gap.

Options

Replies

• thelaurameister
    thelaurameister Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Yup, I relate no doubt. SO frustrating! :explode: especially when money is tight. When I notice my jeans starting to do that, I iron a denim patch on the inside (has to be before it frays too much, though) which increases the jean life a little, but I still never feel like I get my moneys worth on jeans.
  • CChandler81
    CChandler81 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Wow, my thighs touch and now rub, but that's never happened! I even buy cheapy jeans from Target and Old Navy.
  • Southernsass6885
    Southernsass6885 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Oh thank GOD I'm not the only one with this problem! Many of my jeans have gone to trouser Heaven because of this. I have a favorite pair that just became victims of this gapless phenomenon. I'm sooooooooo tempted to keep wearing them!
  • ShellyMacchi
    ShellyMacchi Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    i have gone through my share of ruined pants, for the exact same reason, since i was about 11 years old.

It has only been the last 14 months or so that i am now more apt to wear out my jeans from scuffing up the bottom edge of legs from so much walking, and never because the inside thigh seam had worn through yet again *S*

You are going to love that when you reach that point! keep up the great work!
  • Lainerbee
    Options
    I so understand I have nice pants that cost a pretty penny ruined by my thighs UUUUGGGGHHHH and Im not willing to patch them. But I fear because of my body structure even if my thighs where muscular they would still do the same thing to my pants.
  • ElleBee615
    ElleBee615 Posts: 177
    Options
    Don't flame me for saying this but maybe it's the jeans? I've had the same pair of jeans for several years and my thunder thighs (which could start forest fires from rubbing together) have never done that.

^^Same here! Yikes!! Damn..this is making me appreciate my thunder thighs NOT doing this to me o_O
  • Mommy_Sans_The_Fat
    Options
    Yeah my inner thighs are pretty dark from the rubbing together and i'm in Florida so it's sweat season down there a lot. I hate that sweaty looking crease on the front of my gym shorts too. Ugh when i'm on the treadmill and elliptical my shorts ride up so badly in the front. I have no choice but to wear leggings underneath....:frown:
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    My thighs touch when I stand with my feet together, but not when I walk. I think you may find this problem ends long before you get into the modern definition of 'thigh gap'.
  • stockholmhasago
    Options
    I've never had that happen to my jeans, but damn do shorts ride on up between my thighs. And wearing a dress or skirt and walking around all day? Hellooooo chub rub
  • wheezybreezy
    wheezybreezy Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I can't even wear a skirt or dress without pain right now. W.T.F?! I don't think I'll ever have a gap, but I sure would like to have my shorts stay in the same place as when I pulled them on!
  • barnetted21
    barnetted21 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I used to do the same thing to every pair of jeans I owned, yoga and walking long distances everyday were the only thing that helped.
  • nascarbettie
    nascarbettie Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I completely understand. I've have MANY pairs of jeans that have done that. I refuse to wear shorts for that same reason. I always thought maybe I was just shaped weird that my shorts did that. I refuse to wear them in public.
  • deardesirae
    deardesirae Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I want one so bad!
  • Divagettinfitin2011
    Divagettinfitin2011 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    :drinker:
  • filomenae
    filomenae Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Thigh gaps have to do with genetics; some people will never "achieve" having a thigh gap simply because of the way they are built. You don't need one to be skinny, but I can understand your frustration because in the past that always happened to me along with chafing (don't even get me started on the rash..).

Most people don't know what a thigh gap is, so I wouldn't worry. Just keep up with your exercise and healthy eating, but remember everything is OK in moderation w/ portion control, and perhaps invest in a better pair of jeans!
  • Long_and_Lean
    Long_and_Lean Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Don't flame me for saying this but maybe it's the jeans? I've had the same pair of jeans for several years and my thunder thighs (which could start forest fires from rubbing together) have never done that.

It's not the jeans. Perhaps it's about the gait of the person, I don't know. All I know is that it's happened to me in every pair of pants I've ever owned, expensive or cheap including my $140 luckies and my $180 7's.
  • Byemma
    Byemma Posts: 55
    Options
    Oh, I have that too! Especially the shorts, I now have a cm longer shorts and it doesn't happen with that one. I don't want a thigh gap, I just want my thighs to not destroy my jeans, haha!
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    I had this problem but then I stopped buying cheap jeans.
  • virichi08
    virichi08 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    ahahaha....i thght my mom and i were the only ones. heheh... even as a CHILD alll my pants would eventually get that way. When i lost 3-some lbs before my legs stopped rubbing together, or at least they slowed down. havnt delt with that in some years now that i thnk about it (and i dnt hve a leg gap, lol)
  • nascarbettie
    nascarbettie Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I got a pair of yoga type shorts, they are snug but not as snug as biker shorts. I wear them under any dress I have.