Replies

• Spartan_Maker
    Spartan_Maker Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Go Aggies.
  • JVanDam77
    JVanDam77 Posts: 130
    Options
    I just have to say, I LOVE the "topic" name! It is hilarious. Plus, I am soooo close to having one, I can taste it! :bigsmile:
  • invisibubble
    invisibubble Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    You don't need a gap to keep them from rubbing together like this. Thinner thighs, yes, but the gap is not necessary.

^^^^

doesnt' happen to me anymore, it used to but it stopped. I don't have a thigh gap but now there isn't as much friction there from my fat thighs shoving into each other every time I move.
    THIS. You really don't need a gap, for heaven's sake.
  • Rosa1213
    Rosa1213 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I'm glad people found this humorous and relatable. :laugh:
    I don't even want a big gap in between my thighs, I just want my jeans to stop disintegrating!

Also, I have to admit I'm a little bummed by all the "my jeans never did that even when I was X weight" comments. I'm trying to lose the weight, guys... That's why I'm here :(

In the meantime, I'm working on losing the fat so that my Levi's will no longer suffer :flowerforyou:
  • Sarah_Wins
    Sarah_Wins Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    LMAOOOOOO :laugh: :laugh: :sad: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Ljbcourtney
    Options
    I'm completely with you on wanting to widen the gap. In the meantime, buy a couple iron on patches and put them INSIDE your jeans. That helps prevent wear and is a trick I learned from trying to make the knees of my son's pants last longer. Good luck.
  • newata
    newata Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Ahhh I hate when that happens with jeans and shorts! Now my favorite pair of work out pants is wearing too thin in the thigh area, guess it's time for some new ones!
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    Yeah, my jeans all eventually do that, too. My boyfriend thinks it's hilarious. He has the running joke that "it's just the fire; you can't stop the fire".

And I know you're bummed with the comments saying it doesn't matter what weight you are buuuuuuuut...

My size 2 jeans did that, too, back when I weighed about 10lbs less than I do now. It has a lot to do with your hips and how narrow they are, rather than just how thin your thighs are. Unfortunately. Though you aren't me, so hey, your thighs could slim down and stop eating your jeans!
  • lwagnitz
    lwagnitz Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    Haha I'm with ya there! I don't have an inner thigh gap and this happens all the time. However, I was an athlete, specifically soccer, track, and cheer, so I have pretty large and in charge leg muscles. I remember when soccer season started and we started our conditioning my hips would get so small and my thighs would get so big that it was impossible to find jeans that fit. One time I literally ripped the seams down the side of my jeans, but the waist was hanging off of me. I can't how many jeans that I got the "chub rub rundown" in my jeans, too. I would seriously think about investing in better jeans, though. For a few months, no matter how much chub rub ya got, that's too fast. :P
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    You don't need a gap to keep them from rubbing together like this. Thinner thighs, yes, but the gap is not necessary.
    Exactly.

There's a difference between thighs touching and thighs being squooshed so tightly together that they destroy any clothing that's unfortunate to get between them!
  • smsgreaves
    smsgreaves Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    LOL I love this thread!!!

I'm in the gang too, and I've gotta say "chub rub" sounds so much cuter than "chafing thighs"!!
    I think it has a lot to do with the seam on the pants how bad it gets, jeans tend to have a seam that sticks out so it's instant friction. I get the fuzzies, the fading, and the "Operation- Retrieve shorts from the unspeakable", and I would LOVE to be able to wear skirts without the bike shorts underneath!! Squats with your feet apart wider than hip width help, mine feel a little less jiggly but I'm a LONG way from seperation street yet....

We're getting there ladies!! :flowerforyou:
  • kabbit42
    kabbit42 Posts: 85
    Options
    This is pretty much one of my main reasons for wanting to lose weight. I have gone through 4 pairs of jeans in the past year because I walk so much. It is the worst.
  • AmyJo117
    AmyJo117 Posts: 12
    Options
    Oh my gosh! I have that problem, too! And I hate taking walks in shorts because then my thighs hurt!!! Just can't win! I'm praying for a thigh gap, too!
  • DaBossLady24
    DaBossLady24 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    I'm with you on this one. My thighs have destroyed countless jeans like this. Its also annoying to keep pulling out shorts that get stuck between my thighs every few minutes! :grumble:

^^ so relating to this! even 30 pounds down and STILL relating :grumble:
  • Rosa1213
    Rosa1213 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Nevermind. Double post.
  • xtinalovexo
    xtinalovexo Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    Let me put my head between your legs...Instant thigh gap!
    :drinker:

I didn't see who posted this cuz it got deleted I guess... But cheers!

Never had a thigh gap, never will... My juicy thighs need no stupid gap.
  • Icelandic_Saga
    Icelandic_Saga Posts: 2,926 Member
    Options
    I didn't even have a thigh gap when I was a size 4 teenager. :( wish I could have one too! just wasn't built for it I think
  • FuneralDiner
    FuneralDiner Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    This is why I don't wear jeans. ;)
  • BrunetteRunner87
    BrunetteRunner87 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    I think it's the wy you walk honestly. It happens to me and I don't have a gap by my thighs aren't fat at all.