Dear God, please give me a thigh gap.

Options

Replies

• ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I think you need to invest in better jeans. ;)

This! haha my thighs rub too, but I don't have this problem with jeans. of course, my jeans are $80. I always buy the same brand. I've had some pairs for several years :-) They're still nice
  • samanthatricia
    samanthatricia Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Totally the same thing here! Never ripped my pants but have had many cases of chub rub. I never wear skirts anymore without spandex or something now. I would LOVE to know the feeling of my thighs not touching!
  • JanSmelly
    JanSmelly Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    This reminds me of when I asked god for boobs.

I am now an atheist.
  • Roseanna1017
    Roseanna1017 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I think you need to invest in better jeans. ;)
    Same thing here!! And I have had some crazy pricey jeans, Seven for All -Mankind, True Religion, AG... and the sad thing is I have blown the thigh out!!! It is very disturbing!!
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    This reminds me of when I asked god for boobs.

I am now an atheist.

*snort* Love it ;)
  • Pspetal
    Pspetal Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    No matter how good the quality of the jeans I buy, my thighs will still destroy them. Only difference is, cheaper jeans fray and then tear and expensive jeans/pants develop a shiny faded patch and THEN fray and tear :ohwell:
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    i am not god but i can give you a decent thigh gap :laugh:
  • Hayleighs_mom
    Options
    I understand your pain. I've ruined so many pairs of pants because of this same problem. I can't even wear dresses/skirts because I get a heat rash :( But that's why were on MFP, so that we can loose the weight. Maybe we can look into some exercise that are pinpointed to loosing inches in the thigh area? :)
  • CallieM15
    CallieM15 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Let me put my head between your legs...Instant thigh gap!

Eh, not even funny bro.

Funny bro.
  • kelif5959
    kelif5959 Posts: 202
    Options
    <
    YUP! Same prayer for this gal! :)
  • SelkieDiver
    SelkieDiver Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Totally feel your pain! Am wearing jeans that have that problem RIGHT NOW!!! No it's not the type of jeans, all of mine do it. I know it's just what hourglass figures hold their voluptuousness!!!!! Argh!

Even worse is the horrid rubbing/chaffing I get when I wear skirts on my delicate thighs.:blushing: PS (to combat this I have discovered that using a really good anti-persperant on the area before the chaffing starts will prevent it).

And I feel YOUR pain, or at least I used to. Yesterday was the first day I wore a skirt through the whole day at work with absolutely no problem. My thighs still touch but they aren't rubbing when I walk anymore and they aren't chaffing. What a wonderful feeling!
  • KMissyD
    KMissyD Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I can relate to this!!! This is the very reason I avoid wearing shorts. I hate digging to find them. KML :noway:
  • Owlie45
    Owlie45 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue. I hope that I will some day get a thigh gap.
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    OMG, started at 270lb and never done this to a pair of jeans, lost 69lbs, still never done it, can someone please tell me at what weight this phenomenon starts happening at so I can stop losing weight before I get there :happy:
  • JTANDRA20
    Options
    lmaooo . this is the funniest thing i heard all year. i can soooo relate. i hate that. ruins all my jeans after time.
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    You don't need a gap to keep them from rubbing together like this. Thinner thighs, yes, but the gap is not necessary.

^^^^

doesnt' happen to me anymore, it used to but it stopped. I don't have a thigh gap but now there isn't as much friction there from my fat thighs shoving into each other every time I move.
  • rox90
    rox90 Posts: 3
    Options
    This just happened to me last month and its also the reason why I don't wear shorts or skirts but one day I will have that gap.
  • punkypants
    Options
    LOL i worked at a warehouse and went through about 5 pair of jeans a year because of this! And guys do notice gaps lol my husband comments on that, I DONT want a gap because of what guys think that comes from haha, just smaller thighs :) thats all you need, always the last place to lose for me..
  • mandiibayybee
    Options
    All my pants are like this too it sucks, id love the gap one day too!
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    It's happened to a couple pairs of my jeans but it took years for it to happen. & I've actually never really had huge thighs. Most of my weight was always in my midsection.

Try a better quality jean.