Dear God, please give me a thigh gap.

Options

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,668 Member
    Options
    This "god" ain't gonna do it for you. It's up to you to slim down.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • TimedEventSystem
    Options
    Although some individuals can get the thigh gap, there are some who anatomically cannot without being a unreasonably low weight. I would suggest getting down to the weight you want and if you have a thigh gap, awesome! If you don't, reconsider it.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    You're probably better of buying more expensive jeans. I've had that happen on cheaper quality (AE, Aero, etc) but not higher quality or thicker denim.
  • invictus8
    invictus8 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    It never occurred to me that there was even such a concept as a "thigh gap." I'm learning so much from this site! Also, I guarantee 99% of guys have never even thought about this... so I wouldn't worry too much :-)

Seriously??? Guys don't think about this??? OMG! I've finally got that gap, probably the first time in my life and I feel like there should be a rush of men to stand outside my door. WTF dude! now you're telling me that no one even effing noticed?

I had NO IDEA that a "thigh gap" is even something desirable! It's like wanting an... armpit gap? So I wouldn't be concerned at all ifyour thigh gap is lacking.
  • xtinalovexo
    xtinalovexo Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    It never occurred to me that there was even such a concept as a "thigh gap." I'm learning so much from this site! Also, I guarantee 99% of guys have never even thought about this... so I wouldn't worry too much :-)

Seriously??? Guys don't think about this??? OMG! I've finally got that gap, probably the first time in my life and I feel like there should be a rush of men to stand outside my door. WTF dude! now you're telling me that no one even effing noticed?

I had NO IDEA that a "thigh gap" is even something desirable! It's like wanting an... armpit gap? So I wouldn't be concerned at all ifyour thigh gap is lacking.

:love:
    Hello, hot, smart man.
    :drinker:
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    this has happened to my jeans too. it sucks!
    but it usually only happens after several years. i just buy cheapo jeans now.

i don't care about a thigh gap though.
  • roachhaley
    roachhaley Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    thigh gap =/= skinny, i have a thigh gap and i am of average weight, i just have wide hips :)

even if you dont have a gap, as you slim down your thighs wont start forest fires nearly as often. i also trained myself to walk a little bit differently which helped. LOL
  • CassandraM22
    Options
    I want a space between my thighs soo baddd..I wear dresses most of the time because I cant stand when pants or shorts bunch up or rub. :( The bad thing about that is I have to feel my actual naked thighs rub. lol. Between a rock and a hard place
  • Sags301
    Sags301 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am cracking up at this post, but at the same time I can relate!!
  • roachhaley
    roachhaley Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    I want a space between my thighs soo baddd..I wear dresses most of the time because I cant stand when pants or shorts bunch up or rub. :( The bad thing about that is I have to feel my actual naked thighs rub. lol. Between a rock and a hard place

a good tip is to take some sheer control tights and cut them into shorts and wear them under your dresses :) they arent hot at all and i've done that for a couple years. plus if the wind blows your underwear arent as visible lol!
  • zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Been there. I've started going to Goodwill to look for jeans. No point spending $70 on a pair of jeans if I can get them for $7.
  • kritterxx
    kritterxx Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    thigh gap =/= skinny, i have a thigh gap and i am of average weight, i just have wide hips :)

this is me too! even at my highest weight (BMI:24) I had a thigh gap. It's getting progressively bigger with my running/weight-loss, but it's always been there. thank genetics, I guess (: I love my thigh gap.
  • rjlkat
    rjlkat Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Amen. *This* is a huge reason why I want a thigh gap for the first time in my life, too. Men don't get it; it's both a comfort issue (sweaty thighs in shorts tear up skin just like your jeans!), and one of keeping clothing. Nearly all of my pants/trousers and shorts wear out on the inner thighs long before the knees look used.

I don't even want to *talk* about why I rarely wear dresses/skirts.... :ohwell:
  • IrishHarpy1
    IrishHarpy1 Posts: 399 Member
    Options

a good tip is to take some sheer control tights and cut them into shorts and wear them under your dresses :) they arent hot at all and i've done that for a couple years. plus if the wind blows your underwear arent as visible lol!

Spanx... they're a girl's best friend. If they're too spendy for you, they also make the ones sold at Target under the label Assets. Perfect under even short skirts!
  • rjlkat
    rjlkat Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I'm with you on this one. My thighs have destroyed countless jeans like this. Its also annoying to keep pulling out shorts that get stuck between my thighs every few minutes! :grumble:

Exactly!!! Every few steps, yank down the shorts.... That is why I almost always wear compression shorts now, just for that purpose. Else I wind up wearing jeans, even in the heat of the summer.
  • Dad_of_3
    Dad_of_3 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Fat guy here. I can't wear corduroys because they constitute a fire hazard when my thighs slap the grooves together.
  • Wingwoman21
    Options
    When I wear dresses/skirts I put clear deodorant where my inner thighs touch and it totally eliminates the "rub".
    Saves me some serious leg skin during the summer!
  • Redladystl
    Redladystl Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    LMBO!!!!! I'm praying the same thing. I have that same problem.
  • Temple_Fit
    Temple_Fit Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I have had that problem in the past.
  • LaLouve_RK
    LaLouve_RK Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    To the ones that says "get a better jeans"

WOooOOo! It doesnt change a single thing! I have pass through all brands and costs, and they all do that at the end.
    Impossible to wear shorts as the go up and a skirt? It hurts so bad at the end when it rubs together and I tried everything including "Body Glide".

I want my gap back as well...I had one... 10 years ago....