Dear God, please give me a thigh gap.

Options

Replies

• TheNewo
    TheNewo Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
    this post cracks me up. I can so relate! I recommend a strength training in addition to any dieting and cardio you're doing. You don't need a thigh gap (-just that term makes me giggle) to stop your pants from doing that.
  • TintinAmanda
    Options
    Even if you lost lots of weight you may not get a thigh gap, you have to consider your hip bone structure as well.
  • sophieclarev
    Options
    Totally feel your pain! Am wearing jeans that have that problem RIGHT NOW!!! No it's not the type of jeans, all of mine do it. I know it's just what hourglass figures hold their voluptuousness!!!!! Argh!

Even worse is the horrid rubbing/chaffing I get when I wear skirts on my delicate thighs.:blushing: PS (to combat this I have discovered that using a really good anti-persperant on the area before the chaffing starts will prevent it).
  • mgalsf12
    mgalsf12 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    You can report his post. I did...what a pig!
  • MisterGoodBar
    MisterGoodBar Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I can sooo relate! Omg and the shorts thing!? I thought that was just me! I hate it!

Funny thing is, once my husband noticed me really trying to lose weight, he said "you're not gunna end up with that gap between your thighs right? That looks gross. "....I guess that would too thin for him?

agree w/ the husband on this...gross. at the sametime if this happening to ladies jeans, dang, sorry! i can respect the want then (for the gap).
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Wow....I think the last time I had a thigh gap I was about 7 years old but my jeans have never done that. Its probably because I don't wear jeans all the time. I wear them out during the cooler months but around the house I wear loose pants or shorts.
  • Mommy_Sans_The_Fat
    Options
    Well whenever I stand in the mirror and lift my butt cheeks I get a gap so i'm assuming after i've lost some thigh fat and done enough squats/lunges/hip abductors and adductors i'll develop a lil gap between my thighs.
  • ladybug42122
    ladybug42122 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Yes- I can totally relate! And It happens to my yoga pants too! keep having to sew the seams up in the inner thigh area. And shorts- take a few steps- fix shorts, take a few steps fix shorts again-what a pain-started doing the thigh machines at the gym and the bicycle- hope it helps.
  • smtillman2
    smtillman2 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    OhEhmGeeee! I have never had that problem with jeans! Maybe they are poor quality?
  • thedeegan4
    thedeegan4 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I'm with you on this one. My thighs have destroyed countless jeans like this. Its also annoying to keep pulling out shorts that get stuck between my thighs every few minutes! :grumble:

The exact reason I don't wear shorts while running!!!
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    Count me in on the jeans thing ladies, all my favorite jeans used to wear out there. Don't worry this will get better, it is not so much having a gap as it is just less pressure. So as you lose the weight the pressure lessens and you don't rub the seams out of your jeans any more.

I am wearing denim shorts for the first time in decades without them riding up as well.
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I used to do this to jeans when I was at my high weight. I am nowhere near having a "thigh gap" now, but I no longer do this to pants. So I guess the good news is, you don't have to be super thin before this problem goes away.
  • ummlovelovesyou
    ummlovelovesyou Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Meh. I don't care if my thighs touch as long as they don't jiggle.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    Invest in better quality jeans. I have NEVER had a thigh gap, not even at a size 0 and 110 lbs, just not the way my body is built---and I've never had that problem with jeans. Ever. I generally wear Seven for All Mankind, Citizens, and I used to wear True Religions (before I got fat---they are not cut for thicker ladies lol) and I still have my fav pair of Citizens that I've had and worn off and on for about 5 years now. Couldn't wear them for about a year bc I got too big, but they fit now, and still no rip in between the thighs. They're well worn, but not close to tearing.

Sure, they're a lot more than $40, but you don't have to replace them NEARLY as often (unless you're planning on losing a substantial amount of weight---don't spend a lot of $ on any clothes in that case) so you're probably breaking even.
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    My quads are too muscular for a thigh gap. I dont have an issue with pants, but I do have problems with shorts. If they aren't skin tight or super short, they are moving up.
  • AmiC0717
    AmiC0717 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    SOOOOOOOOOO many of us are with you girl! :)
  • Jenncoc86
    Jenncoc86 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    LMFAO, Thank you!!!!
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    It never occurred to me that there was even such a concept as a "thigh gap." I'm learning so much from this site! Also, I guarantee 99% of guys have never even thought about this... so I wouldn't worry too much :-)

Seriously??? Guys don't think about this??? OMG! I've finally got that gap, probably the first time in my life and I feel like there should be a rush of men to stand outside my door. WTF dude! now you're telling me that no one even effing noticed?

sheez. Keep working girl, I found serious weight training did it for me...I'm shocked, but there it is right freaking there in the mirro.:wink:
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I do not have a thigh gap, and that's never, ever, ever happened to me. I own 10 year old pants and there's nothing wrong with the thighs.
  • natesangel
    natesangel Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    omg i'm right there too, this is the main reason i started wearing yoga style pants all the time, they wear out no question about it, but they are way cheaper to keep replacing and then the jeans become my 'good pants' and last longer!!