Workout Buddies (Women ages 25-35)

Options
My original post that I was checking in with each week has fizzled out. I'm looking to start a new post where people can discuss how they're doing each day/week. I found it really helpful to log on everyday and share how the day went for me. What we did was posted our workout for the day and how it went and also how we did as far as our healthy eating was concerned. On those days that I just didn't eat all that well it was helpful to have the encouragement from others to get back to it and keep working hard because sometimes we do slip a little bit and that's ok. It was also nice to have a group to ask questions to regarding workouts, recipes, and just little life issues ;)

I started 30 day shred 3-4 weeks ago so I wouldn't start over but if you want to join in with me you're more than welcome to. I don't care if you're doing a totally different workout from me...I love to hear new ideas and suggestions! I am currently working full time as a teacher and taking 2 grad. classes online so I don't have much time outside of getting in a 30 minute workout which is why 30 day shred is my choice right now. I'd like to get back to P90x b/c I loved the strength I was getting from those workouts but that may have to wait until Summer due to my crazy, busy, hectic schedule right now. What are you doing?

Who's in?

Replies

• mrsdovin
    Options
    I'd love to, it'd give me an extra push to be continuously active throughout the week (daily). I'm just starting out and am really only walking (plan on adding something additional within the following weeks), but if I commit to checking in daily it may help in motivating myself :)
  • vrdz3215
    vrdz3215 Posts: 493
    Options
    I'm in! I currently run 3-6 miles 5 times a week and do weight training 3 times a week. I want to start doing a "boot camp" that one of our local gyms puts on...but i have to get up at 4:30 am in order to get to it...so needing motivation there..lol
  • DreeDub
    DreeDub Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I'd love to, it'd give me an extra push to be continuously active throughout the week (daily). I'm just starting out and am really only walking (plan on adding something additional within the following weeks), but if I commit to checking in daily it may help in motivating myself :)

WELCOME :-) Keep up the walking and when you're up for it I'll do my best to get you some new ideas for a workout program...that's if you want some. I'm not an expert by any means...just a friend willing to lend some advice. ;-)

What are some of your goals for this new lifestyle? weight loss? toning? strengthening? healthy eating habits?
  • DreeDub
    Options
    I'm in! I currently run 3-6 miles 5 times a week and do weight training 3 times a week. I want to start doing a "boot camp" that one of our local gyms puts on...but i have to get up at 4:30 am in order to get to it...so needing motivation there..lol

You're a runner...great job! I'm jealous of that!!! I wish I could be a runner...my dad and older brother are great runners...apparently I never got that gene. I was running last spring and once the 5k was over I stopped running...not to mention I have an issue with my knees that makes the process of running 2-4 miles NOT FUN!!!

I love boot camp workouts...they kick your "@$$" but make you feel so good when you're done. I used to do a workout video that was a boot camp if u're interested in knowing about that dvd. I would have to look at home to see which one it is that I have!
  • akgrant
    akgrant Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I'm at the edge of your age range, turning 36 next month but hope I can still join! :flowerforyou:

I was just thinking that I needed a workout buddy since my husband just wants to sit and watch! :laugh:

I'm currently on the "lose weight by Thanksgiving thread" and doing a good job so far but my personal goal is to be in the best shape of my life at 40, which includes toning/strenght training along with weight lost!

I'm a mom of 3, ages 6, 3, 18mths, work full time and a caregiver for my mom so I need some realistic exercise programs. I currently use a treadmill, a stationary bike, a mini stepper, DVDs and the exercise channel On-Demand (cable channel). Any advice, suggestions would be awesome!

I need the accountability! If I know someone is going to ask how's the workout going, I'll be more likely to do it since I don't want to be shamed!:blushing: :laugh: Sorry for the length! This should be fun!
  • mrsdovin
    Options
    WELCOME :-) Keep up the walking and when you're up for it I'll do my best to get you some new ideas for a workout program...that's if you want some. I'm not an expert by any means...just a friend willing to lend some advice. ;-)

What are some of your goals for this new lifestyle? weight loss? toning? strengthening? healthy eating habits?

Thank you! :) My goals are to gain (much) more energy, to start valuing myself and to lose the unhealthy amount of weight I'm carrying around. I certainly need to pick up better eating habits, but more so than that I need to learn not to binge and eat whenever I'm anxiuos, sad, or even happy.
  • mrsdovin
    Options
    I need the accountability! If I know someone is going to ask how's the workout going, I'll be more likely to do it since I don't want to be shamed!

That's exactly how I feel & why I think this is great! :-)
  • rheign
    rheign Posts: 56
    Options
    Just curious, why put an age cap of 35 on this group?
  • vrdz3215
    vrdz3215 Posts: 493
    Options

You're a runner...great job! I'm jealous of that!!! I wish I could be a runner...my dad and older brother are great runners...apparently I never got that gene. I was running last spring and once the 5k was over I stopped running...not to mention I have an issue with my knees that makes the process of running 2-4 miles NOT FUN!!!

I love boot camp workouts...they kick your "@$$" but make you feel so good when you're done. I used to do a workout video that was a boot camp if u're interested in knowing about that dvd. I would have to look at home to see which one it is that I have!

I am signing up for the boot camp this afternoon...it starts monday! I just can't do work out videos..i have tried i just cant get motivated because its so easy just to stop! I will keep posted on the boot camp..im excited even though i will be sleep deprived for the next month! :bigsmile:
  • akgrant
    Options
    I am signing up for the boot camp this afternoon...it starts monday! I just can't do work out videos..i have tried i just cant get motivated because its so easy just to stop! I will keep posted on the boot camp..im excited even though i will be sleep deprived for the next month! :bigsmile:
    [/quote]

I was thinking about signing up for one at my rec center, it's Tues from 7:30-8:30pm. I don't think it starts for a few weeks so keep us posting on how it goes...if I'm feeling motivated, maybe I'll sign up!
  • MollySue30
    MollySue30 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I am game for this one.

I work out 2 days a week with my personal trainer and try to do another workout a few more times during the week. I have a gym membership but with working full time and going to school full time and taking care of the kids. My husband has been very supportive and I love him for it. He loves me for the way I am but with all of my medical problems I am hoping that getting the weight off it might help.

I am going to try to hit the gym on Saturday/Sundays starting this next week.
    This weekend going to be way to hard. Had a spinal tap on Wed and still pretty sore.

My goal next week is trainer mon/wed 60 mins with her
    Gym Sat/Sun for 2hours each day!!!

So we wil see how that goes!!!

Molly
  • DreeDub
    Options
    Just curious, why put an age cap of 35 on this group?

When looking for a group of women to be in a support group...I always tend to look towards people my age who might be going through some of the same issues as I am. That's why I decided on an age group...not that it's set in stone but I thought it might be helpful. For myself, I know it's easier to communicate with people who have the same interests and lifestyles as me!
  • DreeDub
    Options
    How was everybody's weekend?! I didn't eat the healthiest foods but I didn't eat nearly as much food as I usually do either...and 0 drinks for the weekend...YEAH!!!

Let's start the week off right...healthy eating...great workouts...LET'S DO IT!!!

(***Can't believe I'm this motivated on a Monday morning...especially since I'm taking my students swimming for the first time this year...could be an interesting day...and EXHAUSTING!!!***)
  • emmasmom3
    Options
    Hey, I am a p90x r too!!! I love the program, and have completed two rounds. My current goal is to burn off fat, and build up more muscle. The x is great at burning and over all fitness, and I love it! I am really in need of building more muscle, so I have decided to lift at the gym. I have more variety of weights there, and can lift really heavy. You are proof positive that all of us with a absolutely crazy lifestyle can reach their goals!!! I am in with you on posting every day. It helps me a lot too! Good luck, talk to you all soon!
    Emmasmom:smile:
  • akgrant
    Options
    I only worked out on Sunday and burned 500 calories on the treadmill!! That sounds good until I share that I went over my calories about that much eating freshly baked sweets!!! But I burned off most of it so I'm pretty proud of myself for that!! I NEVER would have done that pre-MFP!!!

How did everyone else do?
  • akgrant
    Options
    Ok, I'm a little out of the loop, what is p90x??
  • mrsdovin
    Options
    Ok, I'm a little out of the loop, what is p90x??

I took this off Wiki: " P90X or Power 90 Extreme is a home exercise system developed by Tony Horton in conjunction with Beachbody which aims for total body improvement in 90 days through rigorous interval training. The program emphasizes full body fitness through cardiovascular, strength training, and stretching exercises divided into three 30 day phases combined with an optional nutrition and supplementation plan. "
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    I'd like to be in your group too! I've lost 19 lbs since I joined here, and 48 lbs altogether since my highest weight. I'm sooo close to getting under 200, I can feel this week will be the week! I usually go to the gym at least 5-6 days a week. I hope to be able to learn new workout tips from other people here!

Have a great week everyone! :flowerforyou:
  • amk1725
    amk1725 Posts: 156
    Options
    Is it too late to join in? I think it would be helpful for me to have to check in with a group daily...it will help with my motivation.
  • DreeDub
    Options
    Is it too late to join in? I think it would be helpful for me to have to check in with a group daily...it will help with my motivation.

It's never too late! Having to "check in" is motivating because you always aim to have a positive check in so that people aren't disappointed and even more so, that you're not disappointed with yourself.

BEST OF LUCK TO EVERYONE :)))
    Let's do this!