Workout Buddies (Women ages 25-35)

Options

Replies

• vrdz3215
    vrdz3215 Posts: 493
    Options
    amk- congrats on buying smaller pants! It is so exciting when you actually can see the results that way! mkwrose- I am jealous of you parents too....i so need a vacation!
  • CricketClover
    CricketClover Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    vrdz: I am more jealous of my bf being on his cruise right now but I am trying to not think about it :sad:

But my dad and stepmom are taking me to Biltmore Estate next weekend to see all the pretty Christmas decorations, I am excited about that. Only thing is, the food there is so yummy but I am sure very bad for me. Oh well, its not like I do it every weekend!
  • DreeDub
    DreeDub Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Welcome snoflowr82! Good to have you!!!

Happy Tuesday all! One day closer to Friday!! yay! I didnt do too well yesterday, I started feeling a little funky in the afternoon so I skipped my workout..:( but am back on it today! ready to hit the gym this afternoon and make up for it! Hope everyone has an awesome day!

I didn't workout yesterday either. I was exhausted from the weekend plus I went swimming with my class yesterday and then went on an after school walking field trip to the fire station here in town. By the time I got home after all that and grocery shopping I had to make some dinner and do a ton of reading for school...and of course make time for Dancing with the Stars. :happy:

Tonight I intend to go home and do 30 day shred level 1.

Here's my new weekly routine...please give feedback :)

Monday--BL Cardio Max
    Tuesday--30 day shred (one week at level 1, the next level 2, the next level 3 and repeat)
    Wednesday--P90x upper body workout (I don't remember what one I chose...I think shoulders & arms)
    Thursday--30 day shred (see above for routine)
    Friday--BL P90x lower body workout (legs & back)
    Saturday--BL Cardio Max
    Sunday--30 day shred
  • vrdz3215
    Options
    Monday--BL Cardio Max
    Tuesday--30 day shred (one week at level 1, the next level 2, the next level 3 and repeat)
    Wednesday--P90x upper body workout (I don't remember what one I chose...I think shoulders & arms)
    Saturday--BL Cardio Max
    Sunday--30 day shred
    [/quote

You need to let your body rest atleast one day a week....and also you will get burnt out, I know i did when I worked out everyday. I usually take Friday's off just to give my body a rest.....
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday,

I am still going strong. I completed my 1 hour exercise boot camp class and jogged 20 minutes yesterday. I have also completed my workout for today. I did a quick calisthenic workout for a warm up and completed a 1 hour spinning class. I must admit that spinning class but a hurting on a sistah but I made it through.

Everyone have a great day!
  • DreeDub
    Options
    Monday--BL Cardio Max
    Saturday--BL Cardio Max
    Sunday--30 day shred
    [/quote

You need to let your body rest atleast one day a week....and also you will get burnt out, I know i did when I worked out everyday. I usually take Friday's off just to give my body a rest.....

Oh yes...I intend to miss a workout each week...usually Sundays for me! But...I put a workout for each day in case I skip a different day so I have a set plan for each day and don't have to debate what to do...lol

Like this week...I missed Monday's workout!
  • deannada2
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I haven't posted anything or even worked out since I first requested to join this group:frown:

I don't know what happened??? I was doing really well my first week and a half, and then things just got crazy with school and work.

I'm starting my walking and eliptical routine TONIGHT!!!! And trying to fit in the gym for some weights as well. I will be checking in more often though, for sure! :smile:
  • vrdz3215
    Options
    Happy Hump Day!!!!! I had a great workout last night, jogged for about 25 mins at between 5.6 mph and 7 mph and walked for about 15 at between 4.0 mph-4.5 mph at various inclines....I also did abs and legs, total work out of about 1.25 hours! According to my HRM I burned around 515 cals...
    Gearing up for my next 5K on Saturday, hopin to have an improved time.....Have a great day all!!!:flowerforyou:
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Happy Hump Day!!!!! I had a great workout last night, jogged for about 25 mins at between 5.6 mph and 7 mph and walked for about 15 at between 4.0 mph-4.5 mph at various inclines....I also did abs and legs, total work out of about 1.25 hours! According to my HRM I burned around 515 cals...
    Gearing up for my next 5K on Saturday, hopin to have an improved time.....Have a great day all!!!:flowerforyou:

You go girl. What a great way to burn those calories. What kind of HRM do you have and where did you get it? I'm hoping to purchase one soon in order to get a more accurate account of my calories burned. Right now I'm basing it one what the machines at the gym and MFP's exercise log tell me.

It's HUMP Day. I went to exercise boot camp this morning and she brought her A game. She designed a competition called the "Amazing Race" and we competed in teams. We had to complete at least 25 different exercises (squats, jumping jacks, push ups, sit ups, burpees, lateral and front raises and a variety of others). Once I recovered from that workout I got inspired and headed to the gym. I walked for 20 minutes at an incline of 8.0 and completed chest and biceps for strength training. I burned over 600 calories.

I hope I can keep up this momentum. Let's go ladies, We Can, We Will, We Must succeed!
  • amk1725
    amk1725 Posts: 156
    Options
    Way to go vrdz!! Good job!

I did very well yesterday. No cheating with bad food and I got a workout in.

I did 30 minutes on the elliptical and burned 345 calories. (Thought I was going to pass out and fall off at one point!!) Then I did 2 ab circuits from Jillian's No More Trouble Zones for about 10-15 minutes.

My plan tonight is to do Bob's BL Boot Camp...Level 2. My fiance is on a workout kick right now and will only do Bob's video :devil: so, since he'll be gone tonight I'm taking it back!! I'm trying to tell him guys can do Jillian's videos too!! :tongue:

Have a great day everyone!!
  • vrdz3215
    Options
    Choco- I have a Polar F4 and i got it at ****s sporting goods, I absolutely love it, it is way more accurate than the machines, the best advice I can give you on getting one is make sure you get one with a chest strap because the ones without one are not near as accurate. WTG! 600 calories in one workout!

Amk- way to keep it up!
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Choco- I have a Polar F4 and i got it at ****s sporting goods, I absolutely love it, it is way more accurate than the machines, the best advice I can give you on getting one is make sure you get one with a chest strap because the ones without one are not near as accurate. WTG! 600 calories in one workout!

Amk- way to keep it up!
    [/quote

Thank you very much Ms. Ma'am. I'll have to do a little research on it. Thank for the encouraging words. You're doing damn well yourself w/515 in one workout. We are well on our way. Keep up the great work.
  • CricketClover
    CricketClover Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Happy Weds! Hope ya'll are having a good week so far. I am pooped today, my little brother woke me up in the middle of the night scared, and he is a snuggler so he almost pushed me out of the bed 5 times, but it is ok, tonight is the last night without getting to sleep in my own bed at home with my own groceries! And I want to get back to the gym, my mom's treadmill is weird, but at least I can watch "fun" shows at her house opposed the CNN at the gym :tongue:
  • amk1725
    Options
    Okay so I have a dumb question about heart rate monitors. My mom gave me an old one of hers that's been sitting around her house being unused. It's a Polar, but not sure what # it is. She thought I'd try it out before asking for one for Christmas. Anyway....she gave me a watch thing and it digitally says "off" on the screen. And she gave me what looks like a band to go around the chest (partially rubber/spandexy?)

So....1) Do I connect the watch thing to the chest band thing and if so how? and 2) will it start reading my heart rate once I start wearing it and not say "off" anymore?

Sorry for the dumb question, but of course she didn't give me instructions or anything.
  • vrdz3215
    Options
    You just put the strap around your chest and put on the watch, there should be a button on it to push to start and once you push it, it should begin to read your heart rate. No physical connection between the watch and chest strap. As far as it saying "off" I don't know about that....
  • amk1725
    Options
    Thanks for the help on the heart rate monitor...think I'm going to try it out tonight during my video.

Confession time:
    I just had two brownies at work. :ohwell: They were so worth the cheat though, so I can't be too mad at myself. They were homemade and ooey gooey deliciousness!

I think I'm going to up the workout to a jog and a video to make up for it. Have a good night ladies!!
  • DreeDub
    Options
    Hey ladies...I never checked in last night b/c my computer at home has a virus! Seriously nothing can just continue to go smoothly! What's next? So anyway...I weighed in after my workout and I loved what I saw! Last week was so disappointing b/c of TOM but I'm back to "normal" now. I don't have all my measurements with me but I know my weight was 137.6! 7.6 to go!!! or more ;)

Sounds like all of you have been doing a tremendous amount of work! I think for me, my stress is getting the best of me right now. I'm trying to complete my 2 graduate courses for the semester and I'm SWAMPED :((( It's so overwhelming to me. I have been continuing to get a workout in every night though so that's encouraging and makes me feel a little better. I have 2 years of this stress to deal with...UGH!!! If only it were easier to get a masters!

OH...I was so proud of myself yesterday! At our staff meeting we had huge no bake cookies for snack (usually we have a healthy snack too but not yesterday) so instead of eating what was available, I just didn't have a snack during the meeting...instead I waited until it was over and had my banana ;) That's not typically what I would do so I was VERY happy with myself :)

Have a great day everyone!
  • vrdz3215
    Options
    Morning all! Happy Thursday! one day closer to the weekend!! woo hooo! I didn't do that well yesterday at the gym, mostly b/c DBF and I got into a little bit of a squabble and I was upset...but no worries all is good now :smile: Unfortunately I don't know if I will be able to work out tonight or not b/c we have night qualifications at the range....just depends on how good I do...but I do have 5K sat. and long run on Sun so I'll make up for it! have a great day all!
  • amk1725
    Options
    Good morning everyone! Alomost Friday...woo hoo!!

I worked off the brownies last night and did the elliptical for 20 mins and Bob's BL Boot Camp for 45. I was worn out, but felt better about my afternoon splurge yesterday. Burned about 590 calories total.

So probably no working out for me either tonight. One of my buddies at work just quit and we're having a happy hour for him after work. I don't plan on eating badly or drinking too much though.

Friday is our office Thanksgiving potluck. I usually don't do too bad at those, because I'm weird about eating other people's food, but if there are chocolate chip cookies or more brownies, I might be sabotaged. Friday night is a date night for me too. :happy: I will probably splurge and make it my cheat meal for the week. We don't get date nights often enough!!

Oh and TOM showed up randomly today. :frown: I'm tired and not looking forward to all the cravings & lazyness that comes along with it.

So, my plan is to kick butt on Saturday & Sunday for taking the two days off....cardio & videos both days!

vrdz- Good luck on your 5k Saturday....kick some butt!!

Keep it up ladies!!!
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Hey ladies...I never checked in last night b/c my computer at home has a virus! Seriously nothing can just continue to go smoothly! What's next? So anyway...I weighed in after my workout and I loved what I saw! Last week was so disappointing b/c of TOM but I'm back to "normal" now. I don't have all my measurements with me but I know my weight was 137.6! 7.6 to go!!! or more ;)

Sounds like all of you have been doing a tremendous amount of work! I think for me, my stress is getting the best of me right now. I'm trying to complete my 2 graduate courses for the semester and I'm SWAMPED :((( It's so overwhelming to me. I have been continuing to get a workout in every night though so that's encouraging and makes me feel a little better. I have 2 years of this stress to deal with...UGH!!! If only it were easier to get a masters!

OH...I was so proud of myself yesterday! At our staff meeting we had huge no bake cookies for snack (usually we have a healthy snack too but not yesterday) so instead of eating what was available, I just didn't have a snack during the meeting...instead I waited until it was over and had my banana ;) That's not typically what I would do so I was VERY happy with myself :)

Have a great day everyone!

Congratulations on the weight loss and making healthier choices for yourself. That's how it starts, one day at a time. Keep up the great work.

Thank goodness it's Thursday. I have completed my workout for today and am proud to say I burned a total of 547 calories in 75 minutes. I conquered the stairmaster and low bike for 20 minutes each and completed 35 minutes on the elliptical. Tomorrow is weigh in and measurement day for exercise boot camp, so, I'm hoping I see some type of results. I have been staying within my allotted calories and trying to eat alot of protein and fiber.

This weekend is going to be a huge challenge for me though. I have to travel to upstate NYC to assist a friend w/a 13-16 car trip. I haven't done a road trip like that since my college years but when driving for such long periods of time I tend to do a lot of snacking. I'm already thinking about some healthy alternatives if I have to snack but would love to have suggestions from any of you.

Thank in advance and have a great day.