Workout Buddies (Women ages 25-35)

Options

Replies

• CricketClover
    CricketClover Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Happy Thanksgiving Eve! I hope everyone has a very Happy Thanksgiving. I know I am going to enjoy my extra time off work and enjoy going back to NC this weekend.
  • vrdz3215
    vrdz3215 Posts: 493
    Options
    Good Morning ladies!!! Happy Monday! hope everyone had a fantastic holiday, i know i did...which included cheating on my diet for about 4 days..:sad: :blushing: but its okay, I am back on track today! Determined to do well until Christmas dinner! I have another 5K coming up this weekend, its a Jingle Jog, which should be interesting....they are giving a prize for the most festive costume...lol..i thought about getting an elf suit...lol
    I refused to weigh myself last Friday, as it would only make me sad....but may b if I had it would have stopped me from cheating Saturday and Sunday....:ohwell: Anyways, hope everyone has a fantastic day...only 26 days til' Christmas!
  • CricketClover
    Options
    Hi! I hope ya'll enjoyed your Thanksgiving. I ate like a pig and enjoyed every minute of it. Today is back to my boring food, and back to the gym, I wasn't very good with working out over the holiday either. Unless you count the marathon shopping on Friday. My bf comes home today from his trip, I am so excited. Good luck vrdz on your jingle jog, it sounds like fun! I too didn't have the heart to weight myself, I think I will do it later this week. :tongue:
  • vrdz3215
    Options
    mkwrose- I know u have to b so excited that your bf is coming home! I was just wondering, what do you do for a living?
  • CricketClover
    Options
    Oh I can hardly wait! I am tracking what I think is his flight but I am not sure and he should be here by 3:30. I work for an insurance auditing firm. So I sit on my tush all day long in front of this darn computer.
  • vrdz3215
    Options
    Good Morning all!!! Hopefully we wil have some more posters today....:) yesterday i was right back on track with eating and cardio and now I dont feel nasty as I did Sunday evening after 4 days of eating junk...lol going for a long run after work today and trying to stay warm! Hope everyone has a wonderful day!
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    Hello all,

I am proud to announce that I did extremely well over the Thanksgiving holiday because not only did I stay within my allotted calories I also did some form of exercise every day last week w/the exception of Sundays which is always my rest day. I did not lose any weight, so, I'm a bit surprised by that but not discouraged in the least. I'm just proud to know that I can get through a major holiday without over indulging myself.

I jogged for a full hour today and that is the first time I have ever done that. I usually can go about 30 minutes before I'm done and begin walking but not today. I found a treadmill interval workout online and decided to give it a try. The workout has you jogging/running at an intense speed (which is determined by you and your fitness level) for four minutes and then jogging/walking at a recovery speed (once again determined by you and your fitness level). My intense speed was 5.5 mph and my recovery speed was 4.2 mph and I was able to jog a total of 5.06 miles in a hour and burn 460 calories. While my ankles began hurting as the workout was coming to an end I couldn't be more excited about the fact that I actually jogged 60 full minutes. I'm unsure if I could do it again b/c it was a challenge but at least I can say I accomplished it at least once....lol

Have a great day everyone.
  • vrdz3215
    Options
    Morning all....I am super sleepy today, and do not feel well....but I am going to the gym today whether I want to or not!
    Choco- congrats on running for a full hour, its a great feeling isnt it? I remember when I first ran for a full hour, I was like wow....i never thought I would b able to do that! and super kudos for doing it on a treadmill, that is a feat I have never been able to tackle...all outside running for me, unless it is a short run.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Morning all....I am super sleepy today, and do not feel well....but I am going to the gym today whether I want to or not!
    Choco- congrats on running for a full hour, its a great feeling isnt it? I remember when I first ran for a full hour, I was like wow....i never thought I would b able to do that! and super kudos for doing it on a treadmill, that is a feat I have never been able to tackle...all outside running for me, unless it is a short run.

Kudos to you for being able to do it outside b/c that is a monster that i've yet to fully tackle. My boot camp instructor had a 2 mile run the Saturday after Thanksgiving and I will tell you it was totally different. I had a difficult time tackling the hill, so, I would run, walk, run, walk and when I made it to flat service I began jogging again. I was able to complete the entire 2 miles jogging w/the exception of the time that I was at an incline. I may need to keep practicing outside but since it's getting colder the likelihood of me being consistent is pretty small. Perhaps I can make that a spring/summer goal. I notice a lot of people on this site run and run an awful lot. Perhaps I'll be like you all when I grow up......lol

I have done my workout for the day. Today was one my exercise boot camp days and she really gave it to us. I am really enjoying this boot camp so I am really considering hanging in there for at least another month or so. I like the fact that in addition to the boot camp sessions the instructor also gives us "homework" for our off days. Yesterday the homework was a 45 minute interval treadmill workout, tomorrow is the stairmaster and Saturday is a 2 mile run. We have to email the instructor when our "homework" is complete so it really holds me accountable.

Have a great day everyone.
  • amk1725
    amk1725 Posts: 156
    Options
    Hey Ladies! I'm baaaaaack :happy: after a long vacay from working out and eating well.

I can't remember the last time I posted but I caught up on everyone's and it's look like ya'll did way better than I did.

I decided to take last week off completely just to give myself a break from the calorie counting, stressing about eating well and working out. I felt myself getting burnt out (as I usually do) and had a lot going on with the holiday and going out of town.

It took me until last night to realize that I have to get back on track and not fall into the winter slump like I always do. So i definitely will keep it up from here on out and need ya'll to help motivate me. It's going to be tough!

I worked out last night doing Jillian's 30 Day Shred, Level 1 and will do another video tonight for sure. I'm back to logging my GOOD food choices too today! I am doing my first 5k on Saturday morning and I'm kind of freaking out since I took a whole week off, but I hope I do okay. Not trying to win or anything, just trying to finish. LOL!

Hope everyone has a great day! It snowed unexpectedly today which is crazy for Texas!!
  • vrdz3215
    Options

Hope everyone has a great day! It snowed unexpectedly today which is crazy for Texas!!

I know that is crazy! A friend of mine is visiting family in Texas and was telling me about the snow...I mean snow in GA (where i am from) is pretty uncommon but not as uncommon as snow in Texas! Hope u have fun in it!
  • vrdz3215
    Options
    Good Morning....Happy Thursday!! I did great yesterday, and plan on eating well today, but I am not able to workout because I have to direct traffic for stupid Christmas parade tonight...grrrrr...i hate parades! But on the upside since I will b freezing my tail off, my body will have to burn extra calories to keep me warm, so atleast there is a plus! Have a great day all!
  • amk1725
    Options
    Hello Ladies!
    I did well my first day back on the wagon yesterday. I ate well and did Jillian's 30 Day Shred Level 1 again. I'm so sore after doing the video Tuesday night. It's amazing to me that after just one week off, how hard it was and how sore I am.

I'm eating well today but have to skip my workout....my son has his first preseason basketball game and I have to cheer him on.

Question for you vrdz...I'm doing the 5k Sat morning and it's my first one. I've been getting ready for it for a while, increasing my jog time etc. but I'm still a little worried I won't be able to hang for the whole time. :frown: Anyway...my question....should I do my workout as usual Friday night or should I take the day off and let my body rest in preparation? I know it's not like a major marathon or anything but like I said I'm worried.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    I am still going strong on day 18 of my challenge (burn at least 500 calories everyday for 30 days except Sunday which is my designated rest day). A little more than half way through the challenge and I'm still feeling good about it. I've completed my workout for today. I did an hour of cardio (30 minute on the stairmaster and 30 minutes on the treadmill) and 45 minutes of weight training. I burned approximately 430 calories doing cardio and I'm sure I burned at least 70 weight training although I don't have an exact number.
  • vrdz3215
    Options
    amk- I would suggest maybe a light workout on Friday, but don't over do it. I would not suggest running, maybe walking or elliptical, and no lower body exercise that may make you sore. (I made the mistake of doing lower body Friday before a race once and I definately regretted it!) As for not being able to hang, don't worry I am sure you will do fine, and even if you may have to walk a little, no biggie, I have done several races and sometimes I still have to stop a walk for just a bit when there is a big hill or something. Plus there will probably be some people who walk the whole race, a friend of mine who does them with me usually walks at least half of it. Congrats on training for it and good luck tommorrow, let me know how it goes! Beware though once you run your first race you will become addicted (lol) I run atleast 2 a month sometimes 3!

Choco- you are blowing all of us out of the water! you will be at your goal in no time!!
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Thank Goodness It's Friday, ladies! I have already completed my exercise for the day so I am extremely excited to have that behind me. I went to my exercise boot camp class and with everything she had us doing today I'm sure I burned at least 500 calories so I am still on track with meeting my challenge goal (500 calories per day for 30 days).

We weighed in today. I gained 1 lb but lossed 1% body fat so I'm really hoping the weight gain is because I gained some muscle. I know I can see a nice little bicep muscle when I flex and I'm absolutely loving the way it looks. Despite the weight gain I'm extremely inspired to continue my journey. Since I'm working out extremely hard my instructor told me to increase my caloric intake so that my body doesn't enter starvation mode. We'll see how that helps.

My goal for this weekend is: 1.) Complete boot camp homework and attend kickboxing class tomorrow. 2.) Not over indulge during a holiday celebration I'm attending on Saturday evening.

What is everyone else's weekend goals???????

Vrdz3215: You're motivation is amazing, thank you so much for the encouraging words.
  • vrdz3215
    Options
    yay for Friday...me love Fridays!!! Good morning all, hope the day is treating you well..My weekend goal is to try not to freeze my tail off tommorrow morning during 5K...it is in Rome, Ga. and they are calling for snow (up to an inch) in the a.m. Those of you from GA can understand how uncommon this for December, so I am totally not prepared for it. I think I must go to a sporting goods store after work today and invest in some under armour pants and a boggin(as long as I stay away from the grocery store I should be okay, where they will be a mad rush to get bread and milk). Another goal for me is to eat good all weekend. The weekends are always tough for me, because my DBF always wants to go out to eat and he eats whatever he wants, which makes me want to eat whatever I want...lol, also sometimes we go to places where there really arent any healthy choices...so its hard. But I am determined this weekend and until Christmas, not to eat a meal that is over 500 calories, and to burn atleast 500 everyday except my off day..which varies due to my schedule.
    Thanks Choco you are an inspiration to me (hence the burning 500 cals a day, I hope you don't mind that I copied your idea)
    Happy weekend!
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    yay for Friday...me love Fridays!!! Good morning all, hope the day is treating you well..My weekend goal is to try not to freeze my tail off tommorrow morning during 5K...it is in Rome, Ga. and they are calling for snow (up to an inch) in the a.m. Those of you from GA can understand how uncommon this for December, so I am totally not prepared for it. I think I must go to a sporting goods store after work today and invest in some under armour pants and a boggin(as long as I stay away from the grocery store I should be okay, where they will be a mad rush to get bread and milk). Another goal for me is to eat good all weekend. The weekends are always tough for me, because my DBF always wants to go out to eat and he eats whatever he wants, which makes me want to eat whatever I want...lol, also sometimes we go to places where there really arent any healthy choices...so its hard. But I am determined this weekend and until Christmas, not to eat a meal that is over 500 calories, and to burn atleast 500 everyday except my off day..which varies due to my schedule.
    Thanks Choco you are an inspiration to me (hence the burning 500 cals a day, I hope you don't mind that I copied your idea)
    Happy weekend!

Good luck w/the run. I'm closer to the city of Atlanta so I'm not too worried about the snow and if it doesn I'm originally from Boston so an inch is going to worry me much.

I can't actually take credit for the 500 cal a day challenge b/c I am doing it as a result of another thread on MFP. Someone came up w/the challenge about 3 weeks ago and I decided to participate. I'm really glad I did b/c it really holds me accountable for the exercise. Even though most of the people who are suppose to be participating have not posted anything in days I still post daily. So, by all means participate in the challenge. If you decide you want to post on the thread it is called "join me for a challenge" by Steph (I believe that's the name of the thread and the person who started it)

If you stay focused on your goal i'm sure you will do well when you and your bf go out to eat. If you're going to eat out you might want to suggest a restaurant where you have better choices.

Good luck!
  • CricketClover
    Options
    Happy Friday all. I have been so busy at work this week I haven't been able to get on much or get to the gym much because of working late. Good luck tomorrow vrdz with your 5K, I keep watching the forecast to see if they have changed it for the snow forecast for my area. I guess we will see a flurry or two. I am going to the Radio City Christmas Spectacular tomorrow at the Fox with my mom, sister and my moms best friend. We are eating out for lunch and then after the show we are going to Cafe Intermezzo for desert, I am a bit worried about that. There is no such thing as a healthy desert there! Also, vrdz I feel ya about the bf wanting to eat bad food on the weekend, mine is the same way. He always wants to go eat mexican, order chinese or pizza, or anything generally bad. But oh soooo good. And beer, beer on the weekend gets me. :smile:
  • amk1725
    Options
    Thanks vrdz for the 5k advice. I was wondering if there were people that walked too. I just keep imagining myself having to walk and being the only one. Unfortuately it’s going to be absolutely freezing which puts a damper on my excitement. The low tonight/morning is 24 degrees! For us Texans, that’s like saying it’s 20 below 0!! LOL!

Way to go Choco on your 500 cals a day challenge. I wish I could set a goal like that and stick with it! Maybe I’ll try it next week just to see if it’s do-able for me.

My weekend goals: Do good in the 5k on Sat and not freeze! Get some exercise decorating my apt for Christmas. Do a long video on Sunday…either Banish Fat Boost Metabolism or No More Trouble Zones.

Oh---I almost forgot. I found a new Jillian video that came on on the 1st and ordered it. It’s called Last Chance Workout! Hopefully it will come in soon and I can try it out.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!! Check in on Monday for sure!!!
    :drinker: