Workout Buddies (Women ages 25-35)

Options

Replies

• Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    I tried my little black dress on this morning and I can't believe it almost zipped up. I had the biggest grin on my face b/c my birthday is in a month and it looks like I'll be able to fit into it if I stay focused. I remember when I first tried the dress on back in September and it could barely get past my thighs never mind zip up the back BUT today not only did it move effortlessly up my hips but it ALMOST zipped to the top. I can not believe how much progress I have made and am extremely happy. This may have been just the boost I need to see the 30 day challenge through. WOOHOO.......WOOHOO!!!!!
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Day 25 of my challenge is complete. I burned over 500 calories today at boot camp.
  • vrdz3215
    vrdz3215 Posts: 493
    Options
    Good Afternoon!! Choco and I are gonna keep this thread going!!!! I had a wonderful weekend, except for Friday, when Mexican food and margaritas got the best of me..but I bounced back Saturday and burned 650 cals and Sunday with 500 cals. I worked out this a.m. (I am on 2nd shift this week) and burned 450....eating has been good since Friday, and I am not sweating it gotta allow a cheat day every now and then. Hope everyone has a great evening!
    Choco- that little black dress will fit in no time!
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good Afternoon!! Choco and I are gonna keep this thread going!!!! I had a wonderful weekend, except for Friday, when Mexican food and margaritas got the best of me..but I bounced back Saturday and burned 650 cals and Sunday with 500 cals. I worked out this a.m. (I am on 2nd shift this week) and burned 450....eating has been good since Friday, and I am not sweating it gotta allow a cheat day every now and then. Hope everyone has a great evening!
    Choco- that little black dress will fit in no time!

Hey there ms lady. I guess everyone else has fallen by the wasteside but glad you're still checking in. I haven't had a true cheat since joining MFP but am looking forward to it. I had a coke and some Mike and Ike's back in November to give me a sugar rush so I could stay awake during a 4 hour car drive. Other than that I've been on the straight and narrow. I really think its b/c we keep food logs for boot camp so hopefully I'm not derailed too much when boot camp ends this Friday.

Have a great day.
  • amk1725
    amk1725 Posts: 156
    Options
    Hey ladies! Finally checking in. I've been home sick the past two days but decided to get on and check out what you rockin' ladies have been up to. Great job to you both...ya'll have been going strong! I'm hoping to kick this cold and get back on track. Today is day 3 of chillin at home and getting rest....so cross your fingers for me. Keep up the work...you are motivating me like no other.

Have a great day! :happy:
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Hey ladies! Finally checking in. I've been home sick the past two days but decided to get on and check out what you rockin' ladies have been up to. Great job to you both...ya'll have been going strong! I'm hoping to kick this cold and get back on track. Today is day 3 of chillin at home and getting rest....so cross your fingers for me. Keep up the work...you are motivating me like no other.

Have a great day! :happy:

I hope you feel better soon and are able to get back on track relatively easy.

It's day 26 of my challenge (burn at least 500 calories a day for 30 days) and i'm beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel. I found a boredom buster treadmill incline interval routine online and decided to take on that challenge. What a challenge it was. At my highest incline I was at an 8.0 and jogging at a speed of 4.0. I've never been so happy to see a minute pass before in my life. Anyway, I did that routine for 45 minutes which equated to 3.52 miles jogged and 338 calories burned. In order to ensure I burned at least 500 calories I hopped on the elliptical for 25 minutes. I was able to burn 234 calories for a total of 572. I'M EXHAUSTED but I have to complete this work assignment so there's no rest in my immediate future.

Have a great day ladies.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Day 27 of the challenge is complete. I had boot camp today and boy did she BRING IT. Our boot camp instructor gave us her version of "The Amazing Race". We were partnered up and the objective was to be the first team to complete the following exercises:

25 alternating lunges w/shoulder press, 25 crunches, 25 bicycles, 25 toe touches, 25 high knees, 25 butt kicks, 25 jump squats, 100 jumping jacks, 35 step up/knee ups, 150 jump ropes, 30 push ups, 30 partner sit-ups, 25 dumbbell raises, 50 squats, 25 squats w/shoulder press, 30 hip raises w/chest press, 20 burpees, 30 twisting mountain climbers, 25 front raises, 25 lateral raises, 30 push ups (again) and 30 steam engines. There may have been other exercises but I cant remember at the moment.

My partner and I came in first so we'll receive our prize on Friday. I'm unsure of the number of calories burned but I'M SURE it was over 500 b/c I had sweat blinding me from it pouring all in my face and my heart rate was elevated the entired time.

I am proud of the progress I made b/c when we did this a few weeks back my partner and were unable to complete all of the exercises prior to the instructor calling "time". Today, not only were we the first team but we finished in record time.
  • amk1725
    Options
    Way to go Choco! I can't believe you accomplish what you do all in a day! I wish I had it in me.

Feeling better today and back at work, but still not 100%. My goal is to feel better at least by Friday so I can get some working out done over the weekend. Wish me luck!

Keep up the good work ladies!!
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Way to go Choco! I can't believe you accomplish what you do all in a day! I wish I had it in me.

Feeling better today and back at work, but still not 100%. My goal is to feel better at least by Friday so I can get some working out done over the weekend. Wish me luck!

Keep up the good work ladies!!

Amk, glad to know you're making some progress in the health department. Continue taking care of yourself.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    I am short on time today b/c I'm about to head to a meeting but day 28 is complete. I was able to burn 267 calories after 30 minutes on the stairmaster (not the stepper but the actual moving stairs) so I hoped on the treadmill for another 30 minutes and burned 265 calories. My total for today is 532 calories burned and only 2 days left for this challenge.....YIPPEE....YIPPEE....YIPPEE!!!
  • vrdz3215
    Options
    I am soooo sorry ladies that I have not checked in all week...it has been a hellacious week at work! But its Friday, thank God! I have done alright this week, with only one slip up, I had a few sausage and cheese balls yesterday...our work Christmas lunch is today and I am going to try to be good. There is going to be grilled chicken and I made a low fat low cal brocolli and cheese casserole so I am gonna try and stick with that.
    I have worked out all week, with a collective cal burn of 2,050 cals from exercise this week! I weighed yesterday and I lost .5 pound, which is an accomplishment because TOM has been here all week!
    Hope everyone has a great weekend and stay strong...Choco, you are almost through your challenge! WTG! So whats your next challenge going to be????
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Day 29 of the challenge is officially complete. Today was the last day of exercise boot camp (next session begins January 4, 2010) and we had to do a final weigh in w/measurements and a fit test. So here's the deal, I'm down a total of 5 lbs in six weeks. I would be very discouraged if I hadn't actually lost 4% body fat too. I'm not sure why my weight is increasing but my body fat percentage is decreasing but I have to stay motivated. I know my goal weight of 125 lbs is attainable but this process can be very frustrating at times.

Now that I'm off my soapbox let me share the great news. I won the "star camper" award which is an award giving to the camper who came to boot camp everyday, gave 100% while there, submitted their food logs on a consistent basis and completed every homework assignment. As a result of winning this award I received $25.00 off my next boot camp session and an "Eating Clean" by Tosca Renos cookbook. My partner and I also won a gift card to Smoothie King for winning the biggest loser contest we had on Wednesday.

Finally, here are the results from the weigh in and fit test.....drum roll please.............

Starting weight: 136 lbs Current weight: 131 lbs
    Starting body fat%: 30.8% Current body fat%: 26.8%
    Starting chest: 33 inches Current chest: 31 inches
    Starting waist: 32 inches Current waist: 28 inches
    Starting hips: 38 inches Current hips: 36.25 inches

The fit test was timed, so, the numbers I'm giving are what was completed in 1 minute

Initial push ups (knees): 40 Current push ups (knees): 51 (I can now do 20 standard push ups)
    Initial toe touches: 54 Current toe touches: 70
    Initial seated dips: 50 Current seated dips: 63
    Initial jumping jacks: 84 Current jumping jacks: 90
    Initial squat presses w/5lbs weights: 35 Current squat presses w/5lbs weights: 47 (I've since moved to 8 lbs weights)
    Initial burpees: 16 Current burpees: 22

So despite not losing as much weight as I had hoped I am very encouraged b/c not only is the little black dress beginning to fit a little better but I'm clearly getting stronger and my endurance is increasing......YEAH CHOCOLICKKYSS.

In addition to this we did some other exercises. Not exactly sure of the calories burned but the way I was sweating and how elevated my heart rate was i'm sure I met the challenge.

Have a great weekend all.

I'm not sure what the next challenge will be, please let me know if you have any suggestions.
  • vrdz3215
    Options
    Choco,
    the reason you are "gaining" weight on the scale is because you are increasing the amount of muscle that you have in your body...and muscle weighs more than fat. Muscle also looks much better than fat too! Thats awesome that your body fat percentage went down by 4%! I am sure your clothes fit better since you lost a lot of inches too! Don't always go by the number on the scale, because it can be decieving. Wouldn't you rather be 130 with 5 pounds of sexy muscle and look like you weigh 120 , than 125 and have it be mostly fat? I think you are doing awesome and I am so ecstatic for you for winning your challenge!
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Choco,
    the reason you are "gaining" weight on the scale is because you are increasing the amount of muscle that you have in your body...and muscle weighs more than fat. Muscle also looks much better than fat too! Thats awesome that your body fat percentage went down by 4%! I am sure your clothes fit better since you lost a lot of inches too! Don't always go by the number on the scale, because it can be decieving. Wouldn't you rather be 130 with 5 pounds of sexy muscle and look like you weigh 120 , than 125 and have it be mostly fat? I think you are doing awesome and I am so ecstatic for you for winning your challenge!

Vrdz, your words came at such a great time. I know i'm making such great process but have gotten hung up on the scale and I REALLY DO KNOW BETTER but some cycles are hard to break. You are absolutely right about clothes fitting better and prefering the sexy muscle over the fat. While I'll admit I was initially very disappointed, I have since gotten over it and have refocused my attention to what my workout will be over the next two weeks since there's no boot camp. I bought two Jillian Michael dvds (Boost Metabolism and Trouble Zones) and after watching them I'm confident I'll be able to complete them. They actually remind me of boot camp b/c alot of the exercises she demonstrated i've done in boot camp.

Just want to thank you again for taking the time to comment it really helped.

BTW, great job w/burning over 2,000 calories this week.....you are definitely rockin it out.
  • amk1725
    Options
    Choco & vrdz....WAY TO GO! You put me to shame the past few weeks!!! Can you both come to TX and knock me back into shape??? :laugh:

Well today is the last day of our week-long feast at work and I am soooooo glad it's done!! On top of being sick and not having the energy to care what I ate, I've been tempted every day at work with tons of food from breakfast to afternoon snacks. Last night I think I was finally at my point of not being able to put another unhealthy morsel into my body. I feel absolutely disgusting! What a wake up call!!!

I am feeling much better (health wise) and have a goal to start again this weekend. I will definitely have a report for you on Monday of what I accomplished over the weekend....even if it was just baby steps to get back on track.

You guys have been going strong this whole time.....KEEP IT UP!! Enjoy your weekend :flowerforyou:
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Despite all the plans I had to accomplish my weekend tasks unraveling and me feeling like the TOM is rapidly approaching (cramping, tired, irritable) I can officially announce that day 30 of the challenge (burn at least 500 calories for 30 consecutive days) is COMPLETE. Since I missed my Saturday kickboxing class thank to Jiffy Lube being awfully slow this morning servicing my car I decided to take out some of my old kickboxing dvds and rock it out. 70 minutes later I was done and over 500 calories burned. I am sooooo proud of myself for not giving up on this challenge along time ago BUT it is now over and I AM SO EXCITED!!!!!!!
  • vrdz3215
    Options
    uhhhh i am sick! I am going to the gym anyway, but i think burning 500 cals is out.....hope yall have a good day!
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    uhhhh i am sick! I am going to the gym anyway, but i think burning 500 cals is out.....hope yall have a good day!

VRDZ, I hope you feel better soon especially since Christmas is Friday. Today's workout is complete. I completed Jillian Michael's fat burning-boost metabolism dvd (5 minute warm up, 40 minute circuit training, 5 cool down). I'm soo glad the burn 500 calories a day challenge is over. While I still plan to continue my weight loss journey I'm trying not to obsess about it and realize it will come off in time with consistent behavior (eating healthy and exercising). As long as I do some form of exercise at least 5 days a week and eat healthy i'm sure I'll see some progress.

Have a great day!
  • amk1725
    Options
    Hey Ladies!!

Sorry to hear your sick vrdz....I'm finally over mine. I swear it felt like I was sick for two weeks though.

Choco-Way to go! I'm glad your challenge is over and you accomplished what you started...major willpower!

Well I'm back on the wagon officially! I got my heart rate monitor for Christmas early and tried it out for the first time. I did Jillian's 30 Day Shred Level 1 (yes, started completely over it seems) and OMG I'm already sore this morning. By the end of the day I'm going to be dying! I'm a little disapointed that I only burned 200 calories doing the video though. I was working hard and struggling since I haven't worked out in forever. I definitely thought it would have been more than that. But oh well, guess that will make me work harder from now on.

My plan is to work out as much as I can over the next two weeks and be lenient on myself with food, since it is the holidays, then crank it back up like a crazy woman Jan 1!!

Hope you all have a good day! :flowerforyou:
  • vrdz3215
    Options
    Good morning ladies,
    I am feeling better....so back to the gym today! I am super excited because I just signed up for a "greatest loser" contest at a local gym. Its kind of like boot camp, 3 times a week with a personal trainer for 12 weeks. The person who loses the most % body fat wins 500 dollars! That will def motivate me to eat well, I can win my money back and then some. I paid $197 for the 12 weeks, which is good, since it calculates to a little over $5 per session which is absolutely phenomenally cheap compared to the trainer I was going to hire @ $200 a month and I kept putting off because of the money issues. I am super excited, its starts Jan 18 but I plan on keeping up with exercise and eating well until then. I am prob gonna be slightly lenient with the eating on Thurs and Fri, but back on track the next few days. Hope everyone is having a great week!