Workout Buddies (Women ages 25-35)

Options

Replies

• amk1725
    amk1725 Posts: 156
    Options
    Forgot to mention I weighed Monday morning and gained 3 pounds over the holidays. :grumble: It was expected and could have been worse, but my ticker only at 2 lbs lost is very sad and pathetic. Gotta get that number back up quickly!!!!!
  • Ang8178
    Ang8178 Posts: 308
    Options
    Hello, my name is Angie and I love the thought of workout buddies :heart: Just started back up 3 days ago and had my first workout today :drinker: I'm going back to the gym tomorrow and I know I'm probably going to feel my workout from today when I go. I'm looking forward to reading more one this thread and also trying out the sauna for the first time tomorrow (maybe) :happy:
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    Welcome back Amk, I'm glad ur starting the New Year off on the right foot.

Welcome Ang8178 the more people the better. Hopefully some of the ladies we lost over the last few weeks will return now that the holidays are behind us!

I'm watching the biggest loser. While I know they have trainers and help w/food when on the ranch but I feel so motivated evrytime I see this show. These ppl have a lot more waeight to lose than I do yet they are giving it their all.
  • vrdz3215
    vrdz3215 Posts: 493
    Options
    Good Morning!! glad to see some old posters back, and some new posters join! Well after yesterday, I did not get up and go to the gym this a.m. because i was soooo tired and didnt get off work until almost 9 last night, so I elected to "sleep in" until 630. I plan on going this afternoon and catching a class they call "Active" which is 20 min cardio, 20 min weights, and 20 min abs...I am sad that I missed Body Pump today but Ill take Active as a consolation prize..lol. I also plan on running my 2 miles (which is all I can handle on the treadmill) in order to keep my cardio fitness up for when it gets warm again and I can start my long runs outside again. It has been soooo cold in GA and I am about to go nuts not being able to do atleast one long run(6 miles +) outside a week. I know you feel me Choco, this is so not normal for it to be this cold in GA! WTH??!! If I wanted to live where it was 18 degrees all day I would move up north..lol:) at least we may get some snow out of it, but I still have to work if it snows(they will come to my house and get me if they have to) so no benefit for me.
    Okay I will stop venting now....everyone have a fabulous day!
  • amk1725
    amk1725 Posts: 156
    Options
    Hey Ladies! I too am freeeeeeezing here in TX! It's been so cold this week and expected to get colder tonight and tomorrow. I can't stand the cold!!! I'm with you vrdz....if I liked cold, I'd live in Alaska dangit!

I had a great day yesterday! I ate well all day and got a workout in. I went to the gym and jumped on the treadmill fro 30 minutes doing a walk/jog and burned 240. Then went home and did 3 circuits of Jillian's No More Trouble Zones burning another 200. It felt good to get cardio & strength in...I needed it. The only thing I could have done differently was to eat less at dinner. I ate healthy, but just a big portion of it.

My son and I watched Biggest Loser last night. Choco, I'm with you...this show totally motivates me every week. I feel guilty if I watch it and haven't worked out or if I'm watching it and eating bad. The contestants are a lot heavier and need to lose more than I do, but watching them sweat it out each week teaches me something and keeps me going.

Well, on to another productive & healthy day! I plan to work out again tonight...maybe the gym again for some cardio or just a long video. Hope you all have a good one.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    I can't believe I wasn't able to post until after 12 PM. This how I know my days of working from home are coming to a close, my unit and I will be back in the office pretty soon and have been preparing for such. Despite the late post, today's workout is actually complete. I got up at 6 am and knocked it out before the work day began. I completed 50 minutes of Jillian Michael's "No More Trouble Zones" dvd so I feel pretty productive.

As for the cold weather, I agree with Vrdz and AMK it's totally ridiculous. I was born and raised in the Northeast (Boston) and absolutely hated the winter. Since I'm naturally cold adding those crazy temperatures makes it unbearable which is why I relocated 9 years ago. While I do not like the cold, I will take it over cold AND SNOW which is what my friends and family are dealing with right now. It was nothing to get a minum of 12 inches of snow in one snow fall. Winter is here and I just hope Spring is not too far around the corner.

AMK, I too feel guilty about watching the Biggest Loser if I hadn't exercised or eaten healthy. How crazy is it to eat junk food while watching a tv show about health and fitness. I know people do it but if I'm going to eat crazy or not exercise I'll be tuning into another program on Tuesday nights.....lol

Have a great day!
  • Ang8178
    Options
    Chocolickkyss :laugh: I've ate junk and watched fitness shows before, heck, I've even watched a workout video and at junk food!

:huh: I hear everyone on the cold weather thing!!! I'm in Kentucky now, and I don't remember it being this cold last year! My house is freezing, my electric bill is going to be sooooo high :grumble:

Just got back from my second day at the gym, I love it now! :laugh: I always drag my feet to get there but then about 15 mins into my workout I think, "ok I can do this". I think because I'd never really been to a gym before and I find it awkward to workout in front of people, is the reason I put it off for so long.

I tried out the sauna for the first time :happy: At first I thought I wouldn't be able to stay in there, but after 5 mins I thought it just felt like Texas in the summer time :tongue: Next workout I plan on adding the bike and moving between 3 pieces of equipment 10 mins each. I was very happy to see my heart rate start to act normal only after my first workout. Yesterday it was at 175 on the treadmill, today stayed between 155-163 :happy:
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Chocolickkyss :laugh: I've ate junk and watched fitness shows before, heck, I've even watched a workout video and at junk food!

:huh: I hear everyone on the cold weather thing!!! I'm in Kentucky now, and I don't remember it being this cold last year! My house is freezing, my electric bill is going to be sooooo high :grumble:

Just got back from my second day at the gym, I love it now! :laugh: I always drag my feet to get there but then about 15 mins into my workout I think, "ok I can do this". I think because I'd never really been to a gym before and I find it awkward to workout in front of people, is the reason I put it off for so long.

I tried out the sauna for the first time :happy: At first I thought I wouldn't be able to stay in there, but after 5 mins I thought it just felt like Texas in the summer time :tongue: Next workout I plan on adding the bike and moving between 3 pieces of equipment 10 mins each. I was very happy to see my heart rate start to act normal only after my first workout. Yesterday it was at 175 on the treadmill, today stayed between 155-163 :happy:

Ang, love your honesty about watching fitness shows and workout videos and eating junk food, admitting is the first step to recovery:happy: (just kidding)

I absolutely love the sauna and often times use it as a reward for myself if i've really rocked it out at the gym that day. I usually listen to some soothing music and chill out for 10 or 15 minutes and that is usually followed by my favorite Protein shake. Talking about it is sure making me look forward to returning to the gym. I think I'll tackle the crazy weather on Friday and Saturday.

I'm glad you joined the group and look forward to reading future posts.
  • vrdz3215
    Options
    sauna sounds soooooooooo good right now...too bad my gym doesn't have one, i guess ill have to settle for the tanning bed..lol :)
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    sauna sounds soooooooooo good right now...too bad my gym doesn't have one, i guess ill have to settle for the tanning bed..lol :)

I don't know anything about a tanning bed b/c I'm chocolate enough....hence my name :blushing:
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Ang8178
    Options

Guess I just want it all, the tanning bed sounds good to me :wink:
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Ok, I'm still pretty new to MFP so please forgive my ignorance but what does it mean when someone types "Bump" in a thread?
  • Ang8178
    Options
    I'm thinking it's like other internet froums, it "bumb's" it back to the top of recent post, most of the time so others will see it and read it.
  • vrdz3215
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies! Hope everyone was on track yesterday and is getting off to a good start today! I took an Active class and got on the treadmill for a few minutes..burned around 530 cals. I upped my cals allotted yesterday to lose only one pound a week because I had it at a pound and a half and it had me at 1200 cals a day, on the days I wasnt exercising I felt like I was starving to death! I only got 200 more cals a day but it really will make a difference I think. I always eat atleast half of my exercise cals back, and some times I eat all of them...depends on how hard a workout I had that day...
    So Choco, are you ready for "Blizzard 2010" ? Did you get your milk and bread? lol It always amuses me so much how everyone around here freaks out about snow....anyway try to stay warm ya'll and remember spring is just right around the corner!
  • renaegry
    Options
    I "bumped" the thread because I just came across it and was interested in it, but didn't have time at the moment to read it. So by "bumping" it it put it into "my topics" under the message boards so now I have easy access to it.
  • renaegry
    Options
    I "bumped" the thread because I just came across it and was interested in it, but didn't have time at the moment to read it. So by "bumping" it it put it into "my topics" under the message boards so now I have easy access to it.
  • vrdz3215
    Options
    Welcome rena! glad to have you!
  • sandtelwood99
    Options
    I'm New to this, but hoping that the support via web will help motivate me since I don't have a lot of support at home besides myself. Don't get me wrong, everyone says "good Job" but actually getting off their butts and being active with me, and watching our food intake together is null! I started my new "life" (diet) on Tuesday of this week!!! I've done pretty well so far on watching what I eat..... and did join a gym yesterday and actually WENT! I walked on the treadmill at about 3.5 mph for 30 min!...and believe me, I thought I was going to die! I'm so out of shape! Any advice on what else I can/should do at the gym.... just as a beginner!? I am at my heaviest weight ever... I have two kids age 7 and 2 1/2. Last time I got weighted I was 194 pounds! I about flipped... I normally run about 182, but ever since my birth control switch, I instantly gained... Got that pulled about 3 months ago, and just NOT losing the weight.....

Any advice for me being a newbie at this diet stuff?? Workout ideas, food ideas that have worked well for you guys??
  • renaegry
    Options
    Well I got a HRM yesturday, the Mio Motiva Petite. I was really scared that I was going to register way lower then what my treadmill was recording. I love to walk/jog on the treadmill one day, then the next either do Jillian's 30 day shred or Bob's Boot Camp on the other days. Right now I am working on Bob, week 1 day 4 will be tomorrow. So I did 30min on treadmill today, went for 1.62 miles, and burnt 236 calories according to watch, which was 20 calories higher then the treadmill readout. (my treadmill does not have the HR)